User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 11:38 AM Thread Starter
Übercargeek

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Finally, an updated exterior paint code listing

Finally, an updated exterior paint code listing-is01.gif Back in September 2004, IS300.NET/my.IS site founder Tony Schreiber started a thread in the Owner's Manual Sub-Forum of our Contents section titled Exterior Color Guide, which was essentially a listing of the exterior colo(u)rs available on the Lexus IS 300 in the United States, with the corresponding factory colo(u)r codes. It was a valiant first effort, but suffered from several shortcomings, such as minor colo(u)r name misspellings and one missing proper colo(u)r name. Most notably, the chart only contained information up to the 2003 model year.

It's redundant to say that this chart was crying out for an update. Fortunately, the ToyotaReference.com home page did the dirty work for us, as it contains some fascinating charts listing alphanumeric codes for chassis, engines and exterior paint colo(u)rs (no transmission codes, unfortunately), plus related links to useful materials, not just for both generations of Lexus IS models, but for virtually all Toyota products sold in the U.S.

These extremely valuable, informative and useful charts were brought to our attention by my.IS member Darren Seeman, in a General Discussion thread. As Darren's scionlife screen name broadly hints, he is the founder of the premier Scion website, ScionLife.com. Said charts were put together by Darren with an able assist by Club Lexus Editor and my.IS California and IS F Forums Moderator Flipside909. We felt that this information was too good to merely leave buried in a thread, so we have added it to the Owner's Manual Sub-Forum of our Contents section, where it can more easily be accessed by one and all. Finally, an updated exterior paint code listing-is06.gif
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IS01.gif
Views:	10235
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	16439   Click image for larger version

Name:	IS06.gif
Views:	6165
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	16440  

Industry Editor, Moderator, All-around Car Nut and the official my.IS Grandpa
"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."—Soren Kierkegaard

Last edited by jruhi4; 04-09-2008 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Added Flipside909 credit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 04:46 AM
Blue Devil

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Garage
Hey, Joaquin! This is one of my favorite threads of all time, haha. Or, at least, the only historic one I occasionally go back and try to find.
Any updates on the chart of 2nd gen IS's? (including IS C?)

©2006 my.IS
IS300 '01 - Spectra Blue Mica | ELIXIR | SRT 2.75 Turbo | V161 6-speed | Volk GT-M | Tein CS |

IS F '12 - Ultrasonic Blue Mica | ISS Forged Exhaust | WALD Diffuser | Ventross Trunk | Lexon Roof Spoiler |
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 06:05 AM Thread Starter
Übercargeek

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LO 21 View Post
Hey, Joaquin! This is one of my favorite threads of all time, haha. Or, at least, the only historic one I occasionally go back and try to find.
Any updates on the chart of 2nd gen IS's? (including IS C?)
Sure! Darren of ToyotaReference.com does a great job updating this. Just follow the link:
Toyota Reference: Paint Codes, Information and Specs for Toyota, Lexus and Scion

Industry Editor, Moderator, All-around Car Nut and the official my.IS Grandpa
"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."—Soren Kierkegaard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Site News & FAQs > News > Site News

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page