LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
Frequenter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)

My first IS, a sportcross

Hi,
I joined this site a month or so ago to do a little research as I was looking at buying a 2004 Sportcross local to me. I have always wanted an IS300, have always been a fan of sport wagons, and know that the forums are the best place for research. I have been posted some questions over the last few weeks, and I finally pulled the trigger.

Its a 2004 MSM sportcross with just under 84k miles. Pretty much stock, aside from a replacement battery and stock replacement shocks. Tires are fresh but are some no-name brand. The car is in nice shape, needs some TLC, and some maintenance, but I think I got a good deal at $4250 for a rarer Sportcross with relatively low miles. I actually sold my 2010 Toyota Corolla with similar mileage for it.

As of now, I am just attending to some minor cosmetic issues as I wait on my parts to arrive for the 90k mile maintenance (thanks DIY section ). I have to replace the passenger side mirror as the glass was broken and the PO simply placed a round stick on mirror over it to pass inspection. I already sourced/bought/received a clean 7-wire replacement mirror of the same color...now I just need to find the write up on how to remove the door panel so I can replace the mirror. I have also ordered a replacement rear drivers side window switch trim as that piece is loose with a broken clip. Also ordered the F-sport gear shift knob to clean up the interior a bit, and found a local set of brand new floor mats for $40.

First bit of actual action is the 90k mile service. I have read up on the parts list in the DIY section. I ordered most of the parts from Toyota of Cool Springs, which is the Toyotanation.com forum sponsor. The other parts I got from different ebay vendors. Tried to stay with OEM Toyota parts as much as possible, just looked for the cheapest ones. Im hoping to have one of two shops local to me do the work next week...depending on when all of the parts arrive. Going to also change out the valve cover gaskets, spark plugs, plug wires, radiator hoses, and fluids at the same time.

One of the UPPER ball joints is no bueno so that is my next task. I plan on ordering the replacements Fig sells. Probably going to go with the poly upper arm bushings he sells at the same time.

After that, I hope to tackle the suspension. I plan on ordering the Cusco front strut bar to start. Then a set or front and rear sways...leaning towards the Eibach or Hotchkis set. Finally after that a set of coil overs...leaning towards Cusco, HKS, or Fortune.
A set of snow tires in the winter, a set of light weight 18s in the springs with new tires.

Performance wise, I plan on staying stock, with a few bolt ons. Would like to do an SRT intake, Dezod green header, and HKS exhaust.

Exterior, if I can get a hold of DB8, I would like to get a set of smoked tail lights, smoked head lights, smoked fog lights, an Elixir wing (wishful thinking), and maybe some ebay Depo smoked corner lights.

Im not sure how many members actually read new member introductions, so I am going to be asking questions in the other forums...I had many before I bought the car, and many many more now that I own it. I had to order an owners manual to figure a few things out.

Thanks in advance or your help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-23-2016, 12:42 AM
Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Welcome to forum..... There is a wealth of knowledge to be gain here and a lot of members are quick to answer any questions you may have. Hope you enjoy your new sport cross!!!!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-23-2016, 09:40 AM
Aficionado

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)

Welcome, seems like you have have done some good research already and have a great idea of what needs to be done. Next time add some pictures!

13 J8A FR-S Series 10
02 CW Sportcross rebuild in progress
02 BO Sportcross 2jzgte build in progress
11 SW Tundra DC TRD supercharged

02 MSM L-tuned Sportcross 5 Speed Sold
01 DWP IS300 Sold

Sportcross owners group on facebook

My Story: https://my.is/forums/f219/sportcross-...8/#post7991882

My For Sale: https://my.is/forums/f99/sportcross-s...hifter-438917/

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-23-2016, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
Frequenter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)

Thanks for the welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curran View Post
Welcome, seems like you have have done some good research already and have a great idea of what needs to be done. Next time add some pictures!
Will add pics after it is cleaned up a bit.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-29-2016, 08:13 AM
Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Welcome! Cheers from Las Vegas!

2008 Lexus IS F
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Lexus IS > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page