post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 05:51 AM Thread Starter
Addict

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)

Garage
IS300 Tail light LED bulb - issue

Hi DiodeDynamics,

I was wondering... the LED bulb you guys sell for the tail lights, have you ever tested it? It doesn't fit in the tail light, physically, it's too long and hits the light inside. I'm talking about this item: 2001-2005 Lexus IS Sedan Tail Light LEDs (pair) - IS - Lexus - Bulbs By Vehicle - Lighting

Any option for the customer who bought them?

I Fail at keeping my car clean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 09:26 AM
Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PANIC!!! View Post
Hi DiodeDynamics,

I was wondering... the LED bulb you guys sell for the tail lights, have you ever tested it? It doesn't fit in the tail light, physically, it's too long and hits the light inside. I'm talking about this item: 2001-2005 Lexus IS Sedan Tail Light LEDs (pair) - IS - Lexus - Bulbs By Vehicle - Lighting

Any option for the customer who bought them?
Simon,

If you are having fitment issues with our tail light bulbs, please send us an email: [email protected]

Our customer service team with assist you, and provide a refund if needed

Or call: (314) 205-3033

We will get you taken care of!

Thanks,
Nick C.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-17-2015, 01:35 AM
Enthusiast

Quoted: 26 Post(s)

Which model did you get?

I was looking at the brightest ones but was hesitant for that very reason...customer service was honest when I called several months back and said that they hadn't verified fitment but offered a hassle free return policy.

Diode, since the inner IS tails and many other applications(miata tailights for example) are fairly small/compact, I think it could save you guys a lot of time/hassle/shipping costs if you put size comparison pictures of your different bulbs next to a standard halogen.

'01 ASP 17x8 ssr comps 225/45 all around, LS400 bbk, FX-R 3.0 projector retrofit in JDM headlights, Modellista front, c-speed sides/rear, Rigid Bars, Hotchkis sways(stiff), Konis & eibach prokit, PLP intake tube & K&N filter, JIC Ti axleback w/ custom midpipe...more to come ;)

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-17-2015, 05:37 AM Thread Starter
Addict

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by broketuner View Post
Which model did you get?

I was looking at the brightest ones but was hesitant for that very reason...customer service was honest when I called several months back and said that they hadn't verified fitment but offered a hassle free return policy.
Was the question for me? If so, the one I got are the HP11 (second brightest of the list they offer). They don't fit. They did told me the SMD27 is the only shorter ones (the less bright model). I can't say if it fits, I guess you have to order and see for yourself!
Since I'm an international customer (Canada), they also couldn't provide me with a return label to save the shipping fees. They told me I would have to send them back, get a refund and buy the SMD27. Which I still didn't do... but I probably should as the bulbs are of no use for me in their package sitting in a box. 60 bucks bulbs lol. Yeah I should return them.

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-17-2015, 07:31 AM
Loyalist

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)

Quote:
Which model did you get?

Diode, since the inner IS tails and many other applications(miata tailights for example) are fairly small/compact, I think it could save you guys a lot of time/hassle/shipping costs if you put size comparison pictures of your different bulbs next to a standard halogen.
careful with the inner lights, as the bulb comes from the bottom, not straight in, like the tail lights. If you go with an LED that only shines forward, you're going to have a bad time (ask me how I know).

-'03 MSM IS 300 5-Speed w/LSD - #REKT. Parted out
-'05 TCM Scion xB
-'08 Mazdaspeed3 Sport - Zoom-zoom.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-17-2015, 09:49 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Which model did you get?

We are looking for an IS300 to bring into the studio for testing and comparison shots. If we can confirm the HP11 and XP80's don't fit the tail lights on the IS, we will remove them from the site to prevent any potential fitment issues.

Also, we are in the process of making substantial updates to our website and will have technical schematics and measurements for every bulb available.

I apologize for the inconvenience, but we will always make sure the customer is taken care of, especially if there is a fitment related issue.

OP, I also apologize if our warranty team didn't handle your order properly. Please give us a call and our operations manager will make sure you are taken care of: (314) 205-3033

If you guys have any fitment related questions, feel free to give us a call: (314) 205-3033, We have products available for every location, but haven't created threads because we don't have comparison photos available yet

Nick C.
RazoE likes this.

Last edited by Diode Dynamics; 04-17-2015 at 10:02 AM.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015, 05:26 PM
Lurker

Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Has this ever been resolved or figured out what will fit in our trunk tail lights? I'd like to order some, but don't want to go through the hassle if they won't even fit.
Thanks!

2002 IBP IS300 AT
2002 GGP IS300 MT
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-04-2015, 06:50 AM
Supporting Vendor

We have a new bulb model coming out soon that is much shorter in length and should fit just fine

We will post an update when it's available

Thanks!
Nick C.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-04-2015, 06:57 AM Thread Starter
Addict

Garage
Will I be able to exchange mine? : ) They are unused and just sleeping in a box.

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-04-2015, 07:09 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PANIC!!! View Post
Will I be able to exchange mine? : ) They are unused and just sleeping in a box.
If you send an email to: [email protected] our customer service team can assist you

Nick C.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-04-2015, 08:00 AM
Frequenter

Quoted: 20 Post(s)

is there pictures of these on the car? would like to see some shots.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-04-2015, 08:15 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS5043 View Post
is there pictures of these on the car? would like to see some shots.
They haven't been released yet, but we will post plenty of information when they are available

Nick C.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-04-2015, 08:17 AM
Lurker

Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics View Post
We have a new bulb model coming out soon that is much shorter in length and should fit just fine

We will post an update when it's available

Thanks!
Nick C.
That's great news! I'd like to keep my stock light housings but want to convert them all to LED. Thanks!
Diode Dynamics likes this.

2002 IBP IS300 AT
2002 GGP IS300 MT
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-04-2015, 08:33 AM
Supporting Vendor

You're welcome!!

Nick C.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Vendors > Diode Dynamics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page