User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-03-2018, 05:50 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

**tire help urgent**

Good Evening All and Happy Labor Day,

I own a 2015 Lexus IS 250 AWD basic. I had my tires changed out at 25000 miles and now I'm at 54000 miles. I have the continental extremecontact dws06 for both my front and rear. While i was washing my car today I saw that there are white threads on the inside of my front left tire. Good thing I saw it today or it wouldve been bad if i kept driving it. Okay so I had these tires replaced by Lindsay Lexus Alexandria VA. That is the history behind these tires. As I am doing my research today on getting a new set i realized that i have 255/40zr18 99Y tires for my rear. I looked these tires up on continental website to see if they are correct and THEY SAID IT DID NOT FIT MY CAR. Stupid me i didn't find out sooner but would this be the reason why my front tires are getting so worn out this quick. I'm not a crazy driver at all. My front tires are 225/40 zr18 92y so they are a fit. How should i deal with this situation? Is it a big deal that the dealer did this for me? I'm not that good at cars so any information will help in regards to this matter. I've had these tires aligned at 40000 by the dealership as well thinking that it would help but it didn't. Please advise me on what I should do in this situation so I don't have to spend another $1000 of a new set of shoes. Thank you all in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 11:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

The correct size for the rear is 255 35 18. The ones you have are 1" larger in diameter, which is pretty significant. Not sure if that would contribute to the inner tire wear you have on the front, but the stock lower control arm (LCA) bushings on our cars are soft and are well known for causing that kind of wear. Definitely get them to replace the rears with the correct size, and as far is I know the only way to correct the inner tire wear problem is to replace the LCA bushings with aftermarket ones (like the ones FIGS Engineering sells. I bought them and love them!).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 3rd-Gen IS250/IS350 > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page