User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 12-12-2017, 07:38 AM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Post accident issue CHECK VGRS, BMS, ABS

I was in an accident about 1.5 months ago I was side swiped and ran off the road. I got the car back a week after getting the car back been having on and off issues:
Friday AM driving to work about 25 miles into my drive Check BMS, ABS, and VGRS all came on. the shop who did the repaired towed it back to the shop about they turn the car on roughly 3-4 hours later all the check lights were gone. they couldnt find any history on it. picked the car up Friday night all fine.
Saturday drove about 200 miles NO issues
Sunday Drive - 40 miles into my drive Check BMS, ABS, and VGRS all popped up again. Stopped for 2 hours at a friends house start the car lights gone, start driving again 15 min later Check BMS, ABS, and VGRS all back on. Got home parked over night.
Monday - NO ISSUES
Today - started driving to work 20 miles into work Check BMS, ABS, and VGRS.

I searched and seen issues where its a bad battery, or a recall on the LS model, to possibly a brake booster. Being that the issue is OFF and ON, and it does the old wives tale when it gets to the shop the errors are gone, so the shop cant troubleshoot it, Anyone have any ideas what to tell the shop to check since this is all covered under their warranty from the accident.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 3rd-Gen IS250/IS350 > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page