It's 300 Degrees in my Car I'm diing Here - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-28-2017, 11:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Unhappy It's 300 Degrees in my Car I'm diing Here

Okay so I'm in SC and in my car most of the day for my job. I don't even want to work right now because I swear I've lost 10 lbs just from sweating in that rotisserie oven and I don't have time to let my car sit at Lexus and I'm tired of paying people $120/hr to not find the problem but seemingly create others. My Heat is stuck on. My screen isn't frozen there's nothing on it at all. I have tried like everything and 5 mechanics. I've read all of the forums and I'm still cooking every stinking day. FINALLY I came across a guy in Germany who has given me a sliver of hope. I replaced the touchscreen, nothing. If you have no pic at all apparently this step doesn't fix it. So now that I've wasted that money, he tells me if there is no pic at all it's the motherboard. All electrical issues ground somewhere and if you are having this issue, the only place I've found the part other than Lexus is on Ebay. I've ordered this and am praying that it works. My only concern about it is that my headlights have also started turning off by themselves. I am married to a nuclear electrician who has tested everything and can't find it. Could the motherboard have a short and cause my headlights to short also or is there a short somewhere else and that is where it's grounding now? I hope it's the first one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-30-2017, 05:22 PM
Guru

Quoted: 219 Post(s)

Garage
I haven't seen the 3rd gen IS fuse panel, but is there an HVAC fan fuse you can pull until you find the problem? If there is, at least you won't have hot air blowing through the vents.

My thread of picture [email protected]: 2003 BO 5MT B01B

5Zigen || Apex-i || ARC Audio || B&M || BC Racing || Carson Tuned || Centerforce || CUSCO || DEI || EXPEL || Fidanza || FIGS || G2 || Greddy || JDMeyes || JIC || Karl Sport || L-Tuned || MONSTER || Optima || Outerwear || PIAA || Pioneer || PLP || SONY || SRT || Swift || TeCK Pro || Token Solutions ||TRD || Tuned Parts || UGO || WORK || VALOR || Valentine1 || VentureShield || Yokohama ||.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 05:11 PM
Lurker

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

that sucks. Ever found out the problem?

I don't drive fast, I fly low

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 05:31 PM
Aficionado

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericwudi0830 View Post
that sucks. Ever found out the problem?
dont bump this thread unless youre having the same issue. even if you were having the same issue, the person hasnt been back since 7/17. they arent coming back.

Lucy; 04 manual sportdesign
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 3rd-Gen IS250/IS350 > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page