Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 552 Post(s)

More updates

Phil
2001 IS300
Engine 2jz-ge w/SRT intake; HP header; Toyomoto ypipe
ICE/Interior Kenwood Excelon w/Nav; Fsport shift knob
Exterior JDM headlights; foglights; taillights; SportDesign grille; RX shorty antenna
Suspension Tanabe coilovers; SuperPro bushings; FIGs toe links
Wheels Volk Racing wheels; Staggered 17x8/9; Conti DWS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-13-2014, 07:59 PM Thread Starter
SEAHAWKS!!

I did a little engine bay cleaning. It was dirty and I decided that I wanted to clean it up a little. I used GUNK engine degreaser and a couple brushes to help.

How it looked

Now the prep

I put the spark plug cover on after I cover the wires. I didn't want to risk having water going where it didn't need to. Plus, I didn't have an air compressor to blow the water out the holes. It worked like a charm :D

What I used and how it looks afterwards

Phil
2001 IS300
Exterior JDM headlights; foglights; taillights; SportDesign grille; RX shorty antenna
post #48 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-15-2014, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
SEAHAWKS!!

Spoiler delete

Phil
2001 IS300

post #49 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-16-2014, 08:11 AM
Aficionado

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Garage
nice! time to delete that rear wiper too.

'02 MSM

5 MT | HEATED MIRRORS & FULL BLK LEATHER | TRAC/SNOW | NAVI | BLK DASH | LSD | SUNROOF

Lug nut... Fixed it!
post #50 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-16-2014, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
SEAHAWKS!!

The pic was taken 2 weeks ago. I did the wiper delete and de-badged last weekend. Dont have pics of it.The car is in the shop today. Will show results once i get the car back

Phil
2001 IS300
post #51 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-16-2014, 08:15 PM
Extremist

Quoted: 14 Post(s)

why the wiper delete?

©2006 my.IS
RIP JMS #22
DO WORK
GOT SEAWEED?
SWTEA Soulja
post #52 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-16-2014, 09:57 PM
Enthusiast

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Nice car, i always liked DC2 integras, but i have a few questions, sorry if they're been answered before i just didnt see it anywhere at least.

1.What are your plans for the car? i saw you talking about imported R33 Skylines and Boosted RX7s, considering the huge price and overall car type difference between this car and the ones previously mentioned i'm under the impression you maybe have a pretty nice budget to work and build onto the car? What are your goals for the car?

2. I also read that the main reason why you got this car is because it was a not so common nowadays GSR, which is infact true, however, judging by the LS webs on the car, the standard 'rubber' shift knob and the cluster, im thinking its an LS integra? As far as i remember from my honda days the GSR would have came with GSR either blades or fat fives as wheels, a stitched leather shift knob and a GSR badge somewhere in the cluster or dash, i might be wrong since i read your post first, then saw the pictures and the car doesnt really seem like a GSR integra, however i saw your later engine bay pictures and noticed that there is a Vtec head on there with a black valve cover, which would be expected on a B18C GSR motor, just plain curiousity lol

Other than that so far so good, those cars are pretty fun the main reason i left the honda scene was due to security issues and those cars getting stolen often, in fact an ek coupe i had was stolen from the front of my house back when i was in highschool lol

LuxuryEntryLevelIntelligentCompactSportsSedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUCKER52 View Post
Although I saw the automatic gearbox, you should definitely be putting those paddle shifters to use. As long as you're strictly driving around and shifting with the paddle shifters you can tell everyone it's a manual, it'll increase the value of the car too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
My head wants to explode when people say things like, "Dude I just got these coils and set them on full stiff. My kidneys are bleeding and I chipped a few teeth. These things rock!!!"
post #53 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-16-2014, 11:14 PM Thread Starter
SEAHAWKS!!

^^^^^I was recently laid off a couple months ago. 3 yrs ago, the owner of the company sold it to an investor. Never good and the first month, he let 30 people go. Following yr, another 30. Then came this yr and another 30 and i was one of them. I didnt like working there and wanted to go. Technically, i shouldve volunteered the previous yr, but was being optimistic that things were gonna get better. It never did get better and this is good. Now i am a full time student shooting for a computer network engineering.

I picked up Kat 9 months ago, because i was able to buy it with cash that i been saving for a couple yrs. It took me that long to find a clean, non molested DC. I needed something that was cheap and easy on the gas budget and maintenance. Plus, i was preparing for the lay off and i cant afford a lexus on unemployment.

It did have a VTEC badge just under the pass taillight, but i removed it. It looks like an LS without popping the hood and showing the B18C1. GSR comes with a wing that has a brake light, so the back window doesnt have the holes for a 3rd brake light, like the LS does. 98 GSR was the only yr that came in confetti cloth interior. My knob is leather and youre correct on the wheels. Shouldve came with blades, but i like webs better. There is no such thing as a GSR stamp. However, the 90-93 models had a GSR badge on the trunk.

I know exactly what you mean about theft. About 12yrs ago, i had bought an all stock 99 SI. A yr later, somebody wanted more than i did. Cops found it 3 days later stripped to the frame on donut rollers. I then bought a 93 CB7 SE already lowered on some nice wheels. Had it for 3 yrs then sold it, so i could put a down payment on the IS3. With the Honda/Acura theft scene, i installed a QR and couple of switches. I had a buddy install the alarm. If someone wants the car bad enough, they better have a flatbed lol

Phew, this is long lol. I was either gonna do turbo, then deciding to go NA(180hp), now im thinking K20. We will see where Kat takes me. Right now, im focusing on suspension, wheels, tires and brakes for autoX

Quote:
Originally Posted by markeezy View Post
i like that steering wheel and QR combo, where did you pick it up?
I didnt see this question. Its WorksBell hub and QRS quick release. Its slimmer than the NRG or works bell rapfix II. I wanted the momo hub, but went with WB hub instead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by markeezy View Post
why the wiper delete?
Because i have vtec lol jk
I dont use it and its a good weight reduction

Phil
2001 IS300
post #54 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 07:29 AM
Aficionado

Garage
Wiper delete looks cleaner.. I took my badge off too when I had mine... Those badges are so cheap looking anyway. looking good!

'02 MSM

5 MT | HEATED MIRRORS & FULL BLK LEATHER | TRAC/SNOW | NAVI | BLK DASH | LSD | SUNROOF

Lug nut... Fixed it!
post #55 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 07:49 AM
Immortal

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)

The engine looks much cleaner and nice pick up on the clutch kit. IMO, I think it's looks better without the wiper and spoiler too. Good stuff mang, keep it up!

'02 IS300 MSM LSD
post #56 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
SEAHAWKS!!

Now you see them

Now you don't

Phil
2001 IS300
post #57 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 08:44 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS3_FTW View Post
^^^^^I was recently laid off a couple months ago. 3 yrs ago, the owner of the company sold it to an investor. Never good and the first month, he let 30 people go. Following yr, another 30. Then came this yr and another 30 and i was one of them. I didnt like working there and wanted to go. Technically, i shouldve volunteered the previous yr, but was being optimistic that things were gonna get better. It never did get better and this is good. Now i am a full time student shooting for a computer network engineering.

I picked up Kat 9 months ago, because i was able to buy it with cash that i been saving for a couple yrs. It took me that long to find a clean, non molested DC. I needed something that was cheap and easy on the gas budget and maintenance. Plus, i was preparing for the lay off and i cant afford a lexus on unemployment.

It did have a VTEC badge just under the pass taillight, but i removed it. It looks like an LS without popping the hood and showing the B18C1. GSR comes with a wing that has a brake light, so the back window doesnt have the holes for a 3rd brake light, like the LS does. 98 GSR was the only yr that came in confetti cloth interior. My knob is leather and youre correct on the wheels. Shouldve came with blades, but i like webs better. There is no such thing as a GSR stamp. However, the 90-93 models had a GSR badge on the trunk.

I know exactly what you mean about theft. About 12yrs ago, i had bought an all stock 99 SI. A yr later, somebody wanted more than i did. Cops found it 3 days later stripped to the frame on donut rollers. I then bought a 93 CB7 SE already lowered on some nice wheels. Had it for 3 yrs then sold it, so i could put a down payment on the IS3. With the Honda/Acura theft scene, i installed a QR and couple of switches. I had a buddy install the alarm. If someone wants the car bad enough, they better have a flatbed lol

Phew, this is long lol. I was either gonna do turbo, then deciding to go NA(180hp), now im thinking K20. We will see where Kat takes me. Right now, im focusing on suspension, wheels, tires and brakes for autoX

I didnt see this question. Its WorksBell hub and QRS quick release. Its slimmer than the NRG or works bell rapfix II. I wanted the momo hub, but went with WB hub instead.

Because i have vtec lol jk
I dont use it and its a good weight reduction
Sorry to hear, but glad to hear youre making the most out of the whole thing, the main thing is always to move forward

I was just asking out of curiosity since the car didnt exactly look like an original GSR at first, but thats cleared up now, i honestly always wanted to have a B18C honda, but it never happened lol, i've seen some Kseries civics and integras, and even a CRX. i'll tell you they're impressive, but the torque makes a good launch nearly impossible lol i would stay B series, after all you've got the best right now B18C and LSD hydro tranny. K series is cool and all but ehh its becoming overrated or at least it was a few years ago when i still had my civic.

Suspension work and you'll have a blast on that car, good job shaving the badges properly, keep us posted, and make sure you check out HT.com in case you havent already done so. best of luck with the DC2!

Quote:
Although I saw the automatic gearbox, you should definitely be putting those paddle shifters to use. As long as you're strictly driving around and shifting with the paddle shifters you can tell everyone it's a manual, it'll increase the value of the car too.
Quote:
My head wants to explode when people say things like, "Dude I just got these coils and set them on full stiff. My kidneys are bleeding and I chipped a few teeth. These things rock!!!"
post #58 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-17-2014, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
SEAHAWKS!!

I was looking at Kseries for a swap down the road. Its become more popular and KTUNED dot com made it easier for noobs to do the swap. I do want to get the ITR LSD tranny, since it has lower gear ratio. FYI, B18C is jdm yo lol

Badges and trunk hole is JB weld and vinyl wrapped. To risky to weld and i cant afford the paint job.

I dont go on HT, even tho im registered lol. Seems more of a tight circle forum

Phil
2001 IS300

Last edited by IS3_FTW; 09-17-2014 at 10:16 PM.
post #59 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-18-2014, 06:52 AM
Aficionado

Garage
My sister had done the full jdm ITR swap into a 96 hatch I believe... that thing was so much fun to drive.. barked in 4th! Little giant.

'02 MSM

Lug nut... Fixed it!
post #60 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-19-2014, 08:35 AM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS3_FTW View Post
I was looking at Kseries for a swap down the road. Its become more popular and KTUNED dot com made it easier for noobs to do the swap. I do want to get the ITR LSD tranny, since it has lower gear ratio. FYI, B18C is jdm yo lol

Badges and trunk hole is JB weld and vinyl wrapped. To risky to weld and i cant afford the paint job.

I dont go on HT, even tho im registered lol. Seems more of a tight circle forum
Lol imo going K series is played out, and from what i remember a bit pricey, in mount kits and wiring harnesses alone youre spending ~$1.5k + the cost of the actual longblock and the transmission, plus all the fabbing there is to do to make the swap 100% legit. wasnt cheap last time i checked but then again that was almost 5 years ago, maybe by now hasport innovative and rywire arent charging an arm and a leg for their parts, and yeah i guess the price for a K series swap has decreased as well, this used to be a 5-7k swap on any non Kseries platform back in the day, and thats a pretty penny which is why it was so rare. i'd stay old school and stick with the B series. and lol what i meant by B18C was an actual non-LS GSR motor, as opposed to other integras like the LS B18Ax or B18Bx, i guess i should've put B18Cx, for either the c1 or the c5 non Type R's lol i know the infamous B18C'R' is mad tyte jdm typeR y0! lol

As for H-T, i was on there back when i had my civics, there was a lot of OG and knowledgeable members on there doing crazy shit and making great contributions, it was definitely a great source of information, maybe the DC2 subforum has either downgraded, or maybe it was always full of posers, couldnt tell you since i was never on the integra subforums, although you gotta remember the integra, was THEEE car to have at one point. Take this forum as an example, or any other car forum for that matter, it definitely isnt what it used to be, as the car ages, all the good members decide to sell the car and move into another platform, by then the cost of acquisition of the car has decreased to the point where well, the car doesnt land in the best hands, and we have the forum infested by hellafaggot ricers that think 'slamming' the car and putting gay ass stickers on it is cute.

Quote:
Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Member Rides and Builds > Member Build Threads - All other makes and models

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page