Next, we purchased all new wheel bearings for the front and rear. Why? Why not. I will tell you that it was more work than we had anticipated since we had to take the rear hubs (because of their odd shape) to our friend's shop to borrow their press. All in all, it was semi to moderately worth it. And that counts for something.
(scope that gold doe & new polyurethane bushing)
Here are the front hubs cleaned up and ready for bearings.
Then we managed to get our hands on this nice Greddy intake plenum. Much volume.
We also put together a custom camber link set (oem in the middle). Before installing we upgraded the hardware to grade 8 nuts/bolts and spot welded at an adjusted length. The PBM spherical 'tilting' aluminum bushings allow for these joints to not need adjustment. The'll be connecting the rear subframe to the trailing arms.
More rear end set up goodies..We put the rear brake assembly together, the dual caliper set up came out nicely after a slight hiccup with hardware we were given.
Came up on some Greddy 720cc injectors, they will be used as the primaries. And also an s5 counterWEIGHT for the OS clutch.
Now I know what you're all gonna think (all 4 of you), why would they paint the underside of the car? Well, I'll tell you now. Because we felt like it..Lots of degreasing, simple greening, pressure washing, and scrubbing followed by 6 cans of primer, a few days to dry and 8 cans of gloss white cause if it ain't white, then it ain't right. (i'm just kidding, i'm not a racist)
Unfortunately we began losing light before we could hit the inside of the car since it was all wire brushed/sanded down to bare metal for the most part. So we quickly sprayed it with primer for the time being.
We then later realized that with great steering angle, comes great responsibility. And the only responsible thing to do at this point would be to cut more stuff with dangerous weapo- tools.
And also beat the fender seams up for preemptive wheel clearance prep. Plus hitting things with things is always good. That's like 95% of all car work, I'm pretty sure..
Before sending the frame off to get the cage fabbed, we needed to figure out ideal seat placement as the bracket for the seat will be hard-mounted to the frame. Luckily Russell and I are near the same size/height, so we can fit in the same seat and drive in the same seat position. We purchased this Planted universal bracket, and it fits pretty damn good. Better than we had hoped for at least.
We also managed to get our hands on this rare HKS cast manifold. It came with an HKS wastegate, but we chose to upgrade to a larger wastegate (hopefully a Tial 44mm) and sold it.