2JZGE-T VVTI.. Reasearched out! - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-05-2017, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

2JZGE-T VVTI.. Reasearched out!

Alright guys so Iím not new to any of this just to the 2jz. Iíve researched soo much and havenít really found what Iím looking for. Mainly just generically close. I bought a JDM 2jzge complete motor and wiring and stock ecu I believe out of a 01 is300. (Has coil packs)Was a auto. My plan is to drop the motor in a older Supra or a Toyota pickup,corolla,Cressida. Havenít decided yet but all Iím looking to do is a mild 300-350hp build in the most modest simplest way. I have a Ebay manifold and a holset hx35 already. My biggest concern is the wiring. Should I swap to a 2jzgte ecu or should I keep the stock and use a midrange piggyback? I plan on running a r154 if that helps. Any which of way I need to go I would love to simplify the wiring in general. Just leave the basics. Researc research research I know. Iím about researched out! Just someone make it simple and straight forward for me! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-05-2017, 05:39 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

honestly would have been probably cheaper to just do a 2jzgte and kept stock twins.... that being said go with a piggyback for a ge-t. Where ever you plan on getting this tuned id ask them what ecu they suggest cause they will be the one to tune it.

Lost the info to my actual account... made a new one.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-05-2017, 06:30 PM Thread Starter

What would be a good piggyback to go with? Iím really hoping to get some help on wiring the stock ecu back up to the basic wiring of the vehicle like ignition etc. same as gte? Should I just get a gte ecu? If itís Easier to run 6-7 psi boost with what I have I would be ok just want some advise on hat basic set up

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-05-2017, 07:26 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

The Greddy Emanage Ultimate is the piggyback of choice on this forum. Its relatively cheap and effective paired with the boomslang harness.

Lost the info to my actual account... made a new one.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-05-2017, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

Alright cool. Iíd rather stay with the stock ecu for now I guess. Still new to all the ecu stuff Iíve done more mechanical diesel swaps than anything. I just need someone to please send me a link or something on how to wire up the stock ecu. Iím trying to put it into something that doesnít even have a ecu to eliminate having to do so much extra wiring.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Member Rides and Builds > Member Build Threads - All other makes and models

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page