Repairing wiring to Throttle Body - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 12-14-2018, 11:52 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Repairing wiring to Throttle Body

HI, I recently have had problems with my Throttle body in my 2002 Lexus is300. Originally I thought it was something to do with my tps (because of the code thrown) but after researching more I found that is a symptomatic problem from probably caused by faulty wiring or pcm. At this point I decided to have to car inspected professionally by a shop. They ran fuel pressure tests, some voltage tests and a handful of other tests including pulling the codes ( which I already knew of) they came back with a diagnosis of a new throttle body and new wiring harness. (5k in repairs &#x1f602 okay I understand that it’s a pain In the ass to replace a wiring harness but god damn 5k, should I not do an engine swap at that point lol and also 1900 for a new throttle body? Idk anyways, now the car is sitting outside of my apartment, my plan is to replace the throttle body and do my best to identify faulty wiring that needs repaired. Okay so my question is, should I only focus on the wiring to the throttle body sensors? And does anyone have any info that might benefit me on my journey to repairing the wiring. I am not a professional at all and would appreciate any input I can get. The symptoms I’m having with my car is it will start, idle rough until the point of dying then it will either die or jump up to 2k rpm then it will slowly drop and either repeat that process or die. Thanks much appreciated y’all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Lexus IS > DIY/tutorial forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page