How-to: Change your Main Gauge Cluster & Ignition Ring lights (LEDs) *pics* - Page 6 - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #76 of 641 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 02:30 PM
Fiend

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thgearIS View Post
So are you guys buying these blue bulbs for the dash and climate controls and heated seats and key ring off of lexstasy or what?Sexy black lexi and a couple other guys got the blue whats the bulb size for dash,climate,seats,clock,key ring?What company?
Ya most everything is on the first post, but the heated seat buttons are type A bulbs, and I also did the shifter and the snow/power buttons. The shifter was size 24 i think and the snow was type A.

2001 Black Onyx R.I.P. :(

2003 GGP Sportdesign - Starting the modding all over again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 641 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 11:02 AM
Fiend

that site is hard to navigate.
post #78 of 641 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 08:33 PM
Frequenter

Check my link for pics of the buttons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Black Lexi View Post
Ya most everything is on the first post, but the heated seat buttons are type A bulbs, and I also did the shifter and the snow/power buttons. The shifter was size 24 i think and the snow was type A.
I mentioned this before, but I tried replacing the heated seat buttons with Neowedge Type A bulbs from autolumination.com but had difficulties because the base was an extremely tight fit. As I tried turning them, the base started to get mangled. I decided to keep the stock bulbs in. Somebody previously mentioned that you need to also remove a film that makes the light amber. Can somebody confirm? Take a look at my link for the size of the heated seats and traction control. The traction control is a neowedge type B.

Also, I did replace the light in the shifter. It's a #74 bulb. I used one from superbrightleds.com and shaved the hell out of it to make it fit. I have to do the same for the ashtray light because it's not currently lighting up. Once that's complete, I may splice the permanent bulb for the cigarette lighter and use the snakelight from autolumination.com.

Sorry for the flip flop of bulbs from two different sites. I just preferred certain bulbs for certain applications.

Picasa Web Albums - Xerxes - My IS300

post #79 of 641 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 08:46 AM
Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyczzzjohn View Post
c'mon man, i posted everything in the first post of this thread. you will find everything you need there.

avoid lextasy like the plague.
Ya sorry I see that but that autolumination site is not user friendly, also military computers didnt let me see that link or pictures lol so ya got to understand the beast of the federal govt.....thxs I had to email lumination and got a $49 total for 3x of star smt blue #194 bulbs and 3 of the tri power 3 led #24 bulb blue.Cant wait!
post #80 of 641 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 08:53 AM Thread Starter
Follower

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMan714 View Post
I mentioned this before, but I tried replacing the heated seat buttons with Neowedge Type A bulbs from autolumination.com but had difficulties because the base was an extremely tight fit. As I tried turning them, the base started to get mangled. I decided to keep the stock bulbs in. Somebody previously mentioned that you need to also remove a film that makes the light amber. Can somebody confirm? Take a look at my link for the size of the heated seats and traction control. The traction control is a neowedge type B.
I heard the same, but haven't seen anything written up on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thgearIS View Post
Ya sorry I see that but that autolumination site is not user friendly, also military computers didnt let me see that link or pictures lol so ya got to understand the beast of the federal govt.....thxs I had to email lumination and got a $49 total for 3x of star smt blue #194 bulbs and 3 of the tri power 3 led #24 bulb blue.Cant wait!
no problem man, good luck with the mod. post some pics up when you're done.
post #81 of 641 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 12:02 PM
Frequenter

I'm veering off the original topic of Main gauge cluster and ignition ring lights into climate control. There's another posting for that, but I'll update both topics just in case.

I've uploaded additional pics of the cigarette lighter bulb and shifter bulb. The shifter was a bit tough to remove. Pulling real hard to pry it out seemed like I was about to break something. Not sure what position was best, but I believe I moved the shifter to neutral as nyczzzjohn posted. In any case you do need to put a lot of effort to yank it out. Unless I'm doing it the hard way, and should have removed other pieces, I just pulled it off once the top ashtray console was removed.
post #82 of 641 (permalink) Old 10-18-2008, 06:25 PM
Frequenter

I just recently brought a 03 is300 and this the first thing I have done to the car. And by the way I am a complete newbie, if you follow the write up you will do fine. Here are the pics:

107_0997.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

one more thing it looks a little dim in the picture.
post #83 of 641 (permalink) Old 10-20-2008, 12:12 PM
Fiend

$117 ducks worth the led bulbs on way from superlumination cant wait will post when I install and take pics
post #84 of 641 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 01:11 PM
Frequenter

You'll become LED obsessed, as I have. Once you replace the main gauge cluster and key ring, you'll probably hit the climate controls, then the driver and passenger doors (also replacing the red cover with clear covers off a 2001 ES 300. Check my previous posts or my link to find out the part #). You'll probably change the dome lights and vanity lights next, which for now I've skipped. I'm stuck at this point because I've already replaced the ashtray and shifter bulbs. Too bad the cigarette lighter is a permanent bulb. I haven't felt like splicing the wires and replacing with an LED at this point.
post #85 of 641 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 04:49 PM
Frequenter

Quote:
You'll become LED obsessed, as I have. Once you replace the main gauge cluster and key ring, you'll probably hit the climate controls, then the driver and passenger doors (also replacing the red cover with clear covers off a 2001 ES 300. Check my previous posts or my link to find out the part #). You'll probably change the dome lights and vanity lights next, which for now I've skipped. I'm stuck at this point because I've already replaced the ashtray and shifter bulbs. Too bad the cigarette lighter is a permanent bulb. I haven't felt like splicing the wires and replacing with an LED at this point.
Hey x-man wer did u get the clear lenses 4 the doors no one site Lextasy that has them really trying to avoid buying them from that ripp off site any help? thanxs!!!!

2005 CW E-SHIFT/FALKEN FK452
SRT INTAKE/GREDDY EVO2/EBC ROTORS/REDSTUFF PADS/STOPTECH SS LINES
AAC CF Cooling Plate/TECKPRO GROUNDING KIT
FIGS HOOD PROP-HEATSHEILD/WR ENGINE TORQUE DAMPER
ROYAL PURPLE-Oil,Tranny,Diff/JDM WINDOW-SUNROOF VISORS
post #86 of 641 (permalink) Old 10-22-2008, 06:50 PM
SEAHAWKS!!

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 552 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WICKED IS300 View Post
Hey x-man wer did u get the clear lenses 4 the doors no one site Lextasy that has them really trying to avoid buying them from that ripp off site any help? thanxs!!!!
Its a stock feature for the 01 ES300. Its a direct bolt on replacement

I have it and luv it

Phil
2001 IS300
Engine 2jz-ge w/SRT intake; HP header; Toyomoto ypipe
ICE/Interior Kenwood Excelon w/Nav; Fsport shift knob
Exterior JDM headlights; foglights; taillights; SportDesign grille; RX shorty antenna
Suspension Tanabe coilovers; SuperPro bushings; FIGs toe links
Wheels Volk Racing wheels; Staggered 17x8/9; Conti DWS
post #87 of 641 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 09:41 PM
Frequenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WICKED IS300 View Post

Lexus parts world. I think it was about $20 with shipping. I think the link provided will be directly to the 2001 ES 300 clear lenses.

Lexus parts World
post #88 of 641 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 06:05 PM
Frequenter

what is the little bulb used for? right next to the #24 bulb on the right side, mine broke, well i dont have a bulb there

Horsepower sells cars, Torque wins races
2001 OB, in the works
post #89 of 641 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 12:07 PM
Frequenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexRawk View Post
what is the little bulb used for? right next to the #24 bulb on the right side, mine broke, well i dont have a bulb there
Is this a question for me? If you're talking about the first picture I show, the little bulb is a #74 bulb. It's in the key ring, ashtray, and shifter. That bulb is the one removed from the key ring. You may have to shave it in the keyring, and absolutely have to shave it in the ashtray and shifter.

I do want to comment that the #74 bulb I used does not have a wide angle. You may not get the brightness desired. The bulb is from superbrightleds.com
It's white and I got the look I intended to get.
post #90 of 641 (permalink) Old 11-06-2008, 03:46 PM
Frequenter

Quote:
Is this a question for me? If you're talking about the first picture I show, the little bulb is a #74 bulb. It's in the key ring, ashtray, and shifter. That bulb is the one removed from the key ring. You may have to shave it in the keyring, and absolutely have to shave it in the ashtray and shifter.

I do want to comment that the #74 bulb I used does not have a wide angle. You may not get the brightness desired. The bulb is from superbrightleds.com
It's white and I got the look I intended to get.
lol sry i was reffering to the gauge cluster pic, but that is the bulb im talking about,

Horsepower sells cars, Torque wins races
2001 OB, in the works
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Lexus IS > DIY/tutorial forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page