Do it yourself thread (DIY) - Page 3 - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 11:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Yep. i do the menu, volume. I tap and nothing happens. it never gets anywhere beyond the volume menu. Do you think the 07's are different?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 11:08 AM
Deity

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJRDU
Yep. i do the menu, volume. I tap and nothing happens. it never gets anywhere beyond the volume menu. Do you think the 07's are different?
Wait, are you saying you tap up left, tape low left and repeat again and then you don't get the screen? To clarify, nothing happens until your 4th tape, THEN you get the menu which has an override choice on the left.
post #33 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 11:58 AM

i tapped 4x and nothing happened. i also tried tapping more than that. still nothing.

post #34 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 12:01 PM
Deity

Quote:
i tapped 4x and nothing happened. i also tried tapping more than that. still nothing.
So you're tapping once up top left, than once down low left, then once up top left, than once down low left? All 4 tapes right after each other? If so, I'm not sure what's wrong. I suppose it's possible that was changed for '07, but HIGHLY unlikely.
post #35 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 12:17 PM

i'm doing that exact sequence.maybe the good folks at toyota decided they didn't want people overriding that anymore and changed the sequence. Any other 07's out there with the same problem?
post #36 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 12:22 AM
Deity

Hmmm, sorry. I don't know what to tell ya? As soon as more '07 owners get on the board, we can pose the question/thread to them! Meanwhile, you'll just have to pull into a parking lot to override, I guess?
post #37 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 05:31 AM

I just read over on the club lexus forum that the data version of the DVD is different for the '07 models. the override won't work. The good news is that we now have the answer. It's just a waiting game until we figure out what the new override trick is.
post #38 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 06:37 AM
Fiend

Change destination while moving hack for '07

I have an 07 and it works. I tried and tried and couldn't get it to work either until I asked a Lexus tech to show me. Let me tell you a little secret that hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet. First, it must be done from the "display quality" screen. This is the screen in which you adjust your brightness and contrast. Everybody has said to tap the upper left and lower left "corners" of the screen. This is not true. You tap the left side of the screen but not in the upper and lower corners. If you try to tap the lower left corner you'll end up tapping your contrast button. No. You want to tap an area on the left side of the screen just above the contrast button. The attached .pdf file shows exactly where to tap the screen. I could not find an "override" button in any of the menus on my 07.
CAUTION: ENTER DIAGNOSTIC MODE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

2007 IS350.
Starfire Pear/Sterling.
ML/NAV
Lux.

Last edited by mborner; 12-28-2007 at 10:08 AM.
post #39 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 09:19 AM
Deity

Quote:
I just read over on the club lexus forum that the data version of the DVD is different for the '07 models. the override won't work. The good news is that we now have the answer. It's just a waiting game until we figure out what the new override trick is.
So is the DVD different or the hardware different or both?

Mborner, thx for the info! +rep! I'm going to title your post, so that other '07 owners see it. BTW, any idea of the updated dvd disc for '07 will ALSO make it more difficult for our '06 vehicles to override the destination while moving?

Also, just to be clear do you tap the left side of the screen just once to get the override button to appear?
post #40 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 11:11 AM

Thanks guys, but that still doesn't solve the problem. I can get to the menu that mborner writes about. I could acess that one via the info button already. what I can't do is find that Override button--which mborner can't find either. That's great info above--i used the menus to adjust my bluetooth volume. I just wish i could finished selecting a 'Marked' point in my navigation when the stop light turns green.
post #41 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 12:00 PM
Deity

Mborner is this right? You're not able to find the override either?
post #42 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 12:39 PM
Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael
So is the DVD different or the hardware different or both?

Mborner, thx for the info! +rep! I'm going to title your post, so that other '07 owners see it. BTW, any idea of the updated dvd disc for '07 will ALSO make it more difficult for our '06 vehicles to override the destination while moving?

Also, just to be clear do you tap the left side of the screen just once to get the override button to appear?
The most current update available at this time is 2005. This is what the 06's are shipped with. Expect to see the next update (2006) at the beginning of November. Unfortunately I don't have any insight into the software revisions. Since both 2006 and 2007 IS's use the GEN 5 system and both use the same part number for the NAV computer my guess is that Lexus is shipping the 07's with the 06 update. So, it sounds like the 06 update will eliminate the override function on an 06 model. I'm still doing reserch to find out more.

2007 IS350.
Starfire Pear/Sterling.
ML/NAV
Lux.
post #43 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 01:21 PM

My DVD data version is 6.1 so i think it's the newer version. I purchased my car a week ago. I haven't checked the build date. When i get a chance i'll go look.
post #44 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 01:34 AM
Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by mborner
So, it sounds like the 06 update will eliminate the override function on an 06 model. I'm still doing reserch to find out more.
Hmm, suddenly I'm in less of a hurry to get the update...
post #45 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-04-2006, 05:44 AM
Fiend

Okay, it appears that the 07's are in fact shipping with the newest software installed. This software is not yet available over the counter, though. The only way to replace the DVD in an 07 at this time is to have it done under warranty.

2007 IS350.
Starfire Pear/Sterling.
ML/NAV
Lux.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Lexus IS > DIY/tutorial forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 3 (0 members and 3 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page