Collins CD009 adapter kit - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 12:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Collins CD009 adapter kit

Dose anybody know wich clutch is used with the collins conversion kit? I text them through there web sight and there respons was "Nah, call us to get a new clutch". I've search severally web sight and I found nothing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 12:38 PM
Aficionado

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)

this one is also in the wrong section. why dont you listen to them and call them?

Lucy; 04 manual sportdesign
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 04:36 PM Thread Starter

Yeah. Figured it was in the wrong area tried to delete, but i was getting error message. And I did get in contact with them and there reply was that I have to get the clutch through them. Meaning they have there own clutch brand. I want the option to buy from any vendor in case collins fails as a company(hope not).

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 04:51 PM
Aficionado

one of the two clutches on their site is an ACT clutch. collins doesnt make that. why dont you call them and ask about their clutches? write down what they tell you and retain for future reference.

most places can make you a clutch if you tell them what you are running. its not like collins is the only place on the face of this earth making 'custom' clutches.

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 06:23 PM
Enthusiast

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 322 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havikalpha View Post
Yeah. Figured it was in the wrong area tried to delete, but i was getting error message. And I did get in contact with them and there reply was that I have to get the clutch through them. Meaning they have there own clutch brand. I want the option to buy from any vendor in case collins fails as a company(hope not).
If you have your clutch assembly out. You can go to a clutch builder. I have gone to a local place called Clutch Exchange. To figure out special setups before.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 11:07 PM Thread Starter

I noticed it was ACT but for what car model? 350Z/370Z, IS300 or Supra. I've seen kits that also use the clutch of a 300ZX. I understand I could just have a custom clutch or flywheel made but I'm trying to simplify things if any issues come up buy just next daying a clutch from a website instead of waiting for something to be made.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 08:46 AM
Aficionado

its a custom clutch. you are using a toyota powerplant and a nissan transmission; there is nothing off the shelf for that application. for the third time, call them if you questions about their stuff. they will have all the answers you need. this isnt that hard.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 10:01 PM
Fiend

Quoted: 140 Post(s)

You can call ACT and have them make a custom clutch disc. You need to know the diameter and thickness of the friction pads, plus the input shaft diameter and spline count. I’m no expert but I bet you can call ACT, ask what measurements they need, fill out their form and they’ll get you a quote. Now as far as the pressure plate, I’m not sure. I bet Collins uses an off-the-shelf part but it could be custom. I think there are other companies that make 2jz-cd009 adapters. May be worth poking around to see.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-14-2018, 07:43 AM
Follower

Quoted: 140 Post(s)

I'm pretty sure it's a Nissan 300ZX clutch since their flywheel is drilled to that pressure plate pattern and the clutch disc will work on the 350Z transmission. But like everyone else has said, you need to call or email them.....it's that simple.

02' MT w/MK3 Supra LSD and no sunroof
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Lexus IS > DIY/tutorial forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page