For the next overhaul, which I should have done prior to putting the motor in, I decided to relocate the battery to the trunk and ABS block to the battery tray. I thought I was going to be able to get away with just bending the lines a bit to move the block towards the front of the shock tower but it just looked so messy and clearance for the j-pipe delete/filter/intercooler pipe was already pretty minimal so I took the plunge and went for the relocation with the motor in.
Lines shortened *word of advice, label them a ways away from where you will be handling the ends of the lines because the brake fluid will rub sharpie off with ease. Same with the ABS block, instead of labeling the ends where the lines insert with a sharpie, I suggest drawing a little map on a piece of paper or something you can reference back to. I made the mistake of relying on sharpie marks on the ABS block and by the time I was ready to install it back in half of my labeled sharpie marks were gone lol.
Here's the kit I put together..I wasn't sure how I was going to route everything, I just wanted to make sure I had enough line to work with. I sourced all of the parts from a local hydraulic/high pressure hose store to save time and money versus going online for them.
- x6 3/16" brake line @ 12" length (I shortened one down to like 3" when it came time to install)
- x18 m10x1.0 3/16" tube nuts
- x6 m10x1.0 inverted flare couplers
Tools I used:
- 10mm wrench
- brake line pipe cutter
- hand held tube bender w/ 3/16" dye
- O'reilly's flaring kit (I used Autozone's and broke 2 of the 3/16" center punches and cross threaded the clamp, I had the same results with Harbor Freight's kit, I found that the O'reilly's rental had the best quality center punches and stronger clamps to ensure that it flares properly with ease)
I can also supply the same kit I put together if you're interested/unable to source all of the parts.
Tbh for just guessing my lengths and eyeballing the layout I feel like it came out pretty clean, and was a fraction of the price of all of the relocation/ABS delete kits I was able to find online, which was my main goal.
Removed wire harness from the plastic shielding in order to move the plugs for the ABS block up to the battery tray