Built from the Ground Up!!! BobbyJ'sIST Build Thread (New Updates 12/27) - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 231 (permalink) Old 10-15-2011, 02:37 PM Thread Starter
S*A*G*E

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Garage
Built from the Ground Up!!! BobbyJ'sIST Build Thread (New Updates 12/27)

Ok, Here it comes....

A bunch of you have been wondering when I was gonna start a build thread, well here ya go so quit bitching... LOL

Alright, I have been wanting an IS since I saw it at the dealership back when the first landed in FL. Unfortunately money being tight and my driving record being what it was, it was gonna be to much for me. So I conceded and survived with what I could get my hands on.

Fast forward to '07 post deployment and fresh money burning a whole in my pocket. I started looking for a new ride to replace my slowly falling apart Rodeo, and stumbled across an IS on one of the dealer sites and instantly realized that I now had the income and better driving record and started seeing where I could get the best deal. Finally found my '03 Auto IS SD and went to the dealer to pick it up the very next day. Would loved to have gotten a 5spd but no matter how hard I looked there where none to be found.

Didn't have much time with it before I had to go back out to sea for a couple months, but when I got back it all started, the modding bug... started off with a couple simple mods, rims, Tein Super Street coilovers, Greddy Ti-C cat back exhaust. That satisfied the bug for a little while, until my balance got a little fatter and thats when I really started wanting to get crazy with the car. Got on the forum and started reading over others build threads and started the wish list. Here is the outcome of that list...

VIS Carbon Fiber Deck Lid

Chargespeed Carbon Fiber Hood

Chargespeed front and Rear bumpers

Vertex side skirts
Tanabe front and rear sway bars

'03 SD E-shift Ibisweiss White Chargespeed.Vertex.Volk Racing G2 Type 2.Tein Super Street.Tanabe.VIS.Bride
Sage Autosports

Built from the ground up!! My IS build thread

Last edited by BobbyJ'sIS; 12-27-2012 at 06:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 231 (permalink) Old 10-15-2011, 02:48 PM
Extremist

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Garage
Yes, yes....keep goin!!!!! HAHA

Too many people try to impress others and build their car to what they know someone will like.
You lose sight on what you like, when you simulate your likes around others dislikes.
-PhillyB

What the Fitment
post #3 of 231 (permalink) Old 10-15-2011, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
S*A*G*E

Garage
there would have been more but IE froze on me and lost the second part, working on it man

'03 SD E-shift Ibisweiss White Chargespeed.Vertex.Volk Racing G2 Type 2.Tein Super Street.Tanabe.VIS.Bride
Sage Autosports

post #4 of 231 (permalink) Old 10-15-2011, 03:01 PM
Frequenter

Garage
and theeeeennn....?

I drink your MILKSHAKE!!!

05 E-Shift GGP
HKS Super Hybrid
Tanabe GF210
Spaced Stockers for now...
post #5 of 231 (permalink) Old 10-15-2011, 03:25 PM Thread Starter
S*A*G*E

Garage
Shortly after they showed up I had to go back out to sea yet again. So left it in capable hands with the hope of coming home to a fully transformed car. Alas that was not to be, but 2 weeks later my baby was returned to me with a face lift that anyone would be proud of.

I was once again a very happy boy... for the time being that was...
That evil, vicious, but wonder modding bug came and bit me good. After talking with PhillyB and Chaco I realized that I needed to step up my game if I wanted to be noticed... So I once again dug deep and managed to get a set of Bride Euro II racing seats and 8 sheets of Bride gradiation fabric and went to town. Ordered replacement interior carpet from the dealer(expensive $$$ if you didn't already know this) and began to convert the interior from the stock tan to all black. Got the rear seats reskinned with black suede and Bride fabric. Wrapped the door panels with Bride and redid the headliner black.

But I still didn't feel like I would be turning heads and getting noticed by judges so I up'd my game one more notch... Enter Volk Racing...

Ordered the brand new, not release yet, Volk G2 Type II's. Ordered 19x8.5 +35 for the fronts and 19x9.5 +35 for the rears. Due to the fact they hadn't been release yet the wait began. 6 long months, $4k, and a one off set of front rims due to them having to custom make the mold for the fronts due to them not offering +35 in that size. Its great getting the first set sent to the states... heheh

Eventually lowered the suspension more to accomodate the new shoes and get that tucked and flush status everyone wants.

Sage Autosports

post #6 of 231 (permalink) Old 10-15-2011, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
S*A*G*E

Garage
After taking home 2nd place Lexus at Sibling Rivalry down in Jacksonville, FL, I finally felt that I was on the right track but still didn't think I was done (does anyone ever...) After reading more on the forums and talking with a bunch of the guys on here I found Figs, and I will admit it now I became a Figs whore. Unfortunately I was in the middle of transferring down to FL and was already in the process of another mod that I thought was a little more pressing to get done before leaving VA. Thats right, as many of you have seen my car I really didn't dig the Midnight Blue Color and thought a change of color would be my best bet and would allow the CF pieces stand out more. So I sent the car in to get some color. Here is the aftermath of that decision.

I completely agree with everyone that voted for my car in the August ROTM, this color was a much better choice.

Well after getting settled down here in FL, I felt it was time to get back to Figs and order up those much needed suspension parts. So I picked up their endlinks, trac links, toe links, and hood prop kit.

I also noticed TunedParts was doing a group buy on their Rigid Bars, so I picked up a set of them.

Sage Autosports

Last edited by BobbyJ'sIS; 10-17-2011 at 09:01 AM.
post #7 of 231 (permalink) Old 10-15-2011, 03:47 PM Thread Starter
S*A*G*E

Garage
Now that those parts where in and I finally had the time to install them, thats just what I did. Here are some pics of the install.
Before

After

Rigid Bar Install
Before

After

Slacked on the pics for the Toe and Trac links, edit the post when I get a chance to take some.

Well that somewhat satisfied the modding bug but it still wanted more and I was more that willing to give it more. I had already Dynamat'd the trunk so I decided to upgrade my Sub enclosure and amp placement. It had been on my list for a while but never really had the time or energy to do it until now so I said "Eff it man" and got started.

I wanted something simple yet fit snug in the trunk. Well there is that annoying bump back there that I had to contend to. I think I did a pretty good job, what you guys think....

This was about the time I realized how much a PITA fiberglassing was...

Sage Autosports

Last edited by BobbyJ'sIS; 10-17-2011 at 09:19 AM.
post #8 of 231 (permalink) Old 10-15-2011, 03:47 PM Thread Starter
S*A*G*E

Garage
Well now that the enclosure was made it was time to begin working on the Amp rack. I wanted something different but didn't wanna waste a lot of trunk space. So this is what I came up with...

Now that was finished it was time to put the finishing touches on them, figured as close to stock would work best to suit my needs.

Now the bug was satiated, thankfully, it was time to begin the saving for the big stuff. The stuff you guys really came here for... Thats right the Turbo Buildup.....

Sage Autosports

Last edited by BobbyJ'sIS; 10-17-2011 at 09:40 AM.
post #9 of 231 (permalink) Old 10-15-2011, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
S*A*G*E

Garage
So here is what you all came here for... My Turbo buildup!!!

Now that I had the necessary funds to get a good start for my build I went and got the proper heart to transplant into the IS. October 1st I went and picked up the base for the ensuing destruction of many an annoying Fast and Furious wannabe's.

Thats right a JDM Non-VVTI 2JZ-GTE...

Well my timeline is not one of those hurry up and slam it into the car, get it done as fast as possible styles, but I just couldn't help myself in tearing it apart in a quickness.

Day 1 after I got it I had the trans removed and TC laying on the ground waiting to be sold off and the engine on the stand.

Day 2: Intake and twins were removed, twins need a good home btw, look on FS for them soon...

Day 3: Head, Oil pan, and remaining accessories were the next to go...

Ohh snap!!! whats this I hear, was that the doorbell? Indeed it was, with this early christmas present for me....

Back to work....

Sage Autosports

Last edited by BobbyJ'sIS; 10-17-2011 at 11:00 AM.
post #10 of 231 (permalink) Old 10-15-2011, 04:13 PM
S*A*G*E

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Garage
This is how a build thread should look like
post #11 of 231 (permalink) Old 10-15-2011, 08:47 PM
Deity

Quoted: 13 Post(s)

This is sick. Can't wait to see the next batch of updates! more pictures of the front and rear!

+repped.
post #12 of 231 (permalink) Old 10-15-2011, 10:56 PM
Addict

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

About time,

Holly said your Avatar is kinda weird and creepy.

Putting stickers on fake wheels to pass them off is the same as a girl rocking a fake Gucci or a Lamborghini kit car or some fake Jordan's. If you can't afford to play then rock the lower end brands and stop playing yourself.
post #13 of 231 (permalink) Old 10-15-2011, 11:30 PM
S*A*G*E

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyB View Post
About time,

Holly said your Avatar is kinda weird and creepy.
Lmao that was funny

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
post #14 of 231 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 02:41 AM
Extremist

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

NIce man...damn you painted over your car twice?? lol. I thought it was blue from factory. I remember when Phil or Gary first posted a pic of your car, I was quite impressed. You had Phil's orange cr kai's at the time. I always liked your car. Post moaaaarrr pics..lol

03 BO is300 e-shift - powered by a vortech S/C, work vs-xx with falken fk 452, bilstein shocks with eibach pro kit...pshhh yeah right R.I.P 2/11/09
03 BO is300 HKS/ Koni/ Eibach/ Enkei/ Signal Auto/ Brian Crower/ Titan/ TRD NEO/ EDM/ TRD elegant R.I.P 8/1/13 rear ended. :(
05 BO is300 Tein... bought and sold in a month...lol. The game is not the same.
05 GGP 5speed manual 100% stock...yup im obsessed.

MeVersusThem
post #15 of 231 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 10:10 AM
Frequenter

Garage
Very Nice so far, i think your on a good path with an awesome mindset.

I drink your MILKSHAKE!!!

05 E-Shift GGP
HKS Super Hybrid
Tanabe GF210
Spaced Stockers for now...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Member Rides and Builds > Member Build Threads - Lexus IS only

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page