User Tag List

150Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #301 of 350 (permalink) Old 05-30-2016, 12:59 PM
Mr. Roo

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 605 Post(s)

Changes look great! The wheels look pretty much the same, so it shouldn't feel TOO bad about replacing them

And yeah, I wish painting was that easy lol

The STI lip looks good, but makes the front look a bit heavy compared to the sides. I'd throw some flat lip thing under the sides too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 350 (permalink) Old 05-30-2016, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
Aficionado

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 210 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smaggs View Post
I hate when people post photos of them DIY painting body panels. You make it look so easy and scrolling through the pics makes me feel like it was a 10 min job. Here i am struggling all day long, being impatient and still end up with a not-so-great result. :p

Car looks great. Love that you kept the black chrome on the NT03's. I was seriously debating messaging you about your wheels but looks like they ended up on a good car (cough..cough...).

I've been thinking about adding something under my Greddy lip. How does that STI lip attach and is it sturdy??
I get that alot, most of my friends are like damn it you make it look too easy

The sti lip is pretty sturdy, you'll have to trim the middle part a little bit so it sits flush with the Greddy lip. Other than that you just attach it with a bunch of self tapping screws on the bottom and cut off the ends because it will stick out further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS3_FTW View Post
Im so jealous of you getting the NT-03's. I want them so bad, but afraid that they will poke more than i want...

They look good and glad to see progress being made with IS3. I would like to see more pics of the poke to get an idea of what it looks like. Also, i dont feel like scrolling around to find wheels and tire specs

Edit: i didnt see the specs
Tbh when I was looking for wheels the first time around I narrowed it down to the rpf1 and the nt03+m. Obviously I went with the rpf1s, but it was only because it came in less aggressive sizing than the nt03s and they were easier to clean

The rpf1s were 18x9 +35 and the nt03s are 18x9.5 +27. The nt03s poke out 14mm more than the rpf1s, but after rolling my fenders completely flat and adding more negative camber the fitment is the same as my rpf1s. I did stretch the tires this time because I have limited space under the fenders. I'm running 225/40/18 Ohtsu FP7000 (rebranded Falken Ziex xe329) on a 9.5 and it's a moderate stretch. I don't usually stretch tires, but I had no choice since the nt03s are more aggressive. I'll post some more pictures of them in the next update, but for now here's a picture of my car on the alignment rack earlier today

Quote:
Originally Posted by TobiasSing View Post
Changes look great! The wheels look pretty much the same, so it shouldn't feel TOO bad about replacing them

And yeah, I wish painting was that easy lol

The STI lip looks good, but makes the front look a bit heavy compared to the sides. I'd throw some flat lip thing under the sides too!
Thanks, after 4 years of the rpf1s it's refreshing to see some new wheels on the car. Plus they actually come with a nice center cap

I've always wanted to do the sti lip for a while now but I didn't want to because my car already looked front heavy when I had the Greddy lip with no side skirts and rear lip. Now that I actually have side skirts and a rear lip, I finally put the sti lip on. It makes it look front heavy again, but at least it's not as bad as having it with no side skirts and rear lip

I also wanted to do the side skirt extensions, but the downside is that it would scrape everytime I go over a speedbump. That was the exact reason I got rid of the Vertex kit a while back
whatthe, IS3_FTW, blkdout and 2 others like this.
post #303 of 350 (permalink) Old 05-30-2016, 10:24 PM
SEAHAWKS!!

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 552 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkaltezza View Post
Tbh when I was looking for wheels the first time around I narrowed it down to the rpf1 and the nt03+m. Obviously I went with the rpf1s, but it was only because it came in less aggressive sizing than the nt03s and they were easier to clean

The rpf1s were 18x9 +35 and the nt03s are 18x9.5 +27. The nt03s poke out 14mm more than the rpf1s, but after rolling my fenders completely flat and adding more negative camber the fitment is the same as my rpf1s. I did stretch the tires this time because I have limited space under the fenders. I'm running 225/40/18 Ohtsu FP7000 (rebranded Falken Ziex xe329) on a 9.5 and it's a moderate stretch. I don't usually stretch tires, but I had no choice since the nt03s are more aggressive. I'll post some more pictures of them in the next update, but for now here's a picture of my car on the alignment rack earlier today
Yes, this is why i couldnt pull the trigger on the nt03's. Im trying to get away from semi stretch tires and trying to go square meaty tires. Im sticking with 8's and 9's for now. Thanks for the pic. It's exactly what i wanted to see

Phil
2001 IS300
Engine 2jz-ge w/SRT intake; HP header; Toyomoto ypipe
ICE/Interior Kenwood Excelon w/Nav; Fsport shift knob
Exterior JDM headlights; foglights; taillights; SportDesign grille; RX shorty antenna
Suspension Tanabe coilovers; SuperPro bushings; FIGs toe links
Wheels Volk Racing wheels; Staggered 17x8/9; Conti DWS

post #304 of 350 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 02:22 PM
Mr. Roo

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 605 Post(s)

Ah yeah, scraping is just embarrassing lol. Better to stick with performance over looks with that!
post #305 of 350 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 04:09 PM
Aficionado

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)

Don't be surprised if the STI lip cracks, especially if you bought a cheaper plastic one. Mine did

My tears aside, your car looks really good, man. Excellent work. Your painting skills inspire me.

2003 GGP | "You Can't See Me"

Hotchkis sway bars, LS400 bbk, Stance coilovers, Customwerks rear strut tower bar & trunk brace, Megan diff. brace & traction bars, OBX short-tube headers, Fidanza exhaust cam gear, GTE cams, NX wet kit, winter camo wrap 👀
post #306 of 350 (permalink) Old 06-13-2016, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
Aficionado

Stancenation Texas was yesterday so I made the trip out to DFW over the weekend. In the past few weeks I did a bunch of maintenance such as changing out all the brake pads, a oil change, new tires, new alignment and a bunch of other stuff just to make sure it was in tip top shape for the road trip.

It was about a 800 mile round trip and the longest trip I've ever taken the IS300 ever since I boosted it. I'm proud to say that everything went well and I had no problems whatsoever. Cruise control works, gas gauge works, and everything behaved just like stock.

We got into town on Saturday afternoon and stopped by our good friend Daniel Coffey's (@vipdout_tx) house to wash and clean up our cars. There was a premeet, but by the time we got there it just got shut down so that was a bummer. Here's a few pictures my friend took while I was checking in on the day of the show.

Once we got done staging and cleaning up our cars I realized I didn't take a single picture of my own car so here's some pictures I took on my iPhone.

Also I've been putting in alot of work on my buddy's Aristo. Painted the TRD Japan lip kit, along with a new front bumper, made a new foglight harness to replace the cheap Thailand harness and also retrofited his old m35 projectors into some new headlights. Oh and I also designed a banner for his car using the Work XSA logo.

At the end of the day, my buddy took home 1st place Toyota and I took home 3rd place best Lexus at the show. To be honest I was surprised, there wasn't an "IS" category this year because there were only 2 IS' in the show. So instead I was completing in the Lexus category which consisted of every Lexus there.

Technically my car took a step back because I sold the Vertex kit I had last year and went back to a lip kit. Also I've been neglecting my paint lately because I was trying to get my buddy's Aristo done in time. As a result my paint had swirls and all kinds of crap in it and my front lip still needed to be cut and buffed. I wasn't expecting to place at all so it was a huge surprise to me. The 2nd place Lexus was Daniel's VIP LS430, and the 1st place Lexus was Alexx Kings' magenta GS with the 2016 front end conversion.

I'm still waiting for my Greddy exhaust, but I also saw my vendor at the show and he said it should be on the next container from Japan. We're patiently waiting on Greddy, but there's nothing we can do since Greddy keeps delaying their shipment. My vendor said my name is on the list for their first shipment and it should be here sometime this month so I have my fingers crossed.
whatthe, rvalero, IS3_FTW and 5 others like this.
post #307 of 350 (permalink) Old 06-16-2016, 10:42 PM Thread Starter
Aficionado

So I finally got my Greddy Revolution RS exhaust today

I was fairly disappointed when I opened the box and noticed that the tip was dented though

It didn't bother me too much since I was contemplating on getting the titanium tip. I'll just deal with it for now.

Installed the exhaust, but right when I pulled it out the garage I heard the exhaust rattling on something. I had to pull it back in and put the car back on stands to find out where it was hitting. Found out that part of the exhaust was hitting my driveshaft so I had to loosen up my v-band on the turbo and rotate the downpipe a little to make it clear. After I did that, now it was hitting the stock heatshield so I had to bend it away from the exhaust. There's very limited space under the car with a 3 inch, but I was able to make it work.

Once I took care of all the rattling, I took it for a test drive around the block and it's like a night and day difference with a 3 inch on the car. The turbo spools up around 2500 rpms now and it doesn't feel like it's being suffocated anymore. It's not too loud either, it's definately louder than the stock catback but it's not obnoxious like some of my neighbors' cars...

It sounds refined, and in my opinion it kind of makes my car sound like a Supra now lol. It's a pretty good exhaust for the price and everything would have been perfect if it didn't have a dent on the tip. Overall I'm happy with it, and I'll probably get the titanium tip to replace the dented tip whenever Greddy makes it available.
post #308 of 350 (permalink) Old 06-16-2016, 11:25 PM
SEAHAWKS!!

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 552 Post(s)

Sooooo jelly!!!

Phil
2001 IS300
Engine 2jz-ge w/SRT intake; HP header; Toyomoto ypipe
ICE/Interior Kenwood Excelon w/Nav; Fsport shift knob
Exterior JDM headlights; foglights; taillights; SportDesign grille; RX shorty antenna
Suspension Tanabe coilovers; SuperPro bushings; FIGs toe links
Wheels Volk Racing wheels; Staggered 17x8/9; Conti DWS
post #309 of 350 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 10:02 PM
Lurker

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Nothing beats a nice shiny black.... if only it was easier to keep clean. It's not a job it's a career.
post #310 of 350 (permalink) Old 06-19-2016, 09:16 PM
Follower

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)

Quote:
I'd like to hear a sound clip please

Build Here

Video Here

DIY Oil Filter Relocation Here

Follow Instagram.com/FSprtJK <--Here
Check out TireStickers.Com <--Here
post #311 of 350 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 01:24 PM
Follower

Quoted: 145 Post(s)

Quote:
So I finally got my Greddy Revolution RS exhaust today

This makes the car look way more aggressive. Very nice man!

I've been looking at the 3" Greddy to replace my axle back HKS, and now I think you've made my decision a lot easier.

02' MT w/MK3 Supra LSD and no sunroof
post #312 of 350 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 11:25 PM
Enthusiast

Quoted: 195 Post(s)

sound clip please!
post #313 of 350 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 07:41 AM
Lurker

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Im in for a sound clip also... I've always like the Greddy exhausts, have had them on several of my cars.
post #314 of 350 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
Aficionado

Well since so many people asked, here's a short sound clip. I don't like revving my car, since it probably annoys my neighbors so this is all I got.

Greddy Revolution RS catback exhaust
blkdout and TobiasSing like this.
post #315 of 350 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 06:03 PM
Fiend

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Any fitment issues? My system has a quarter in gap where ypipe meets intermediate pipe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Member Rides and Builds > Member Build Threads - Lexus IS only

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page