150Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #241 of 350 (permalink) Old 09-27-2015, 08:05 PM
Guru

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)

Garage
Sad too see it go, but I get why you had to do it. Isn't the Greddy lip as low as Vertex? Either way, your car still looks great!

My thread of picture [email protected]: 2003 BO 5MT B01B

5Zigen || Apex-i || ARC Audio || B&M || BC Racing || Carson Tuned || Centerforce || CUSCO || DEI || EXPEL || Fidanza || FIGS || G2 || Greddy || JDMeyes || JIC || Karl Sport || L-Tuned || MONSTER || Optima || Outerwear || PIAA || Pioneer || PLP || SONY || SRT || Swift || TeCK Pro || Token Solutions ||TRD || Tuned Parts || UGO || WORK || VALOR || Valentine1 || VentureShield || Yokohama ||.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 350 (permalink) Old 09-27-2015, 08:47 PM
SEAHAWKS!!

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 552 Post(s)

Wow, what a surprise and i dont blame you. Is that an authentic greddy lip?

Phil
2001 IS300
Engine 2jz-ge w/SRT intake; HP header; Toyomoto ypipe
ICE/Interior Kenwood Excelon w/Nav; Fsport shift knob
Exterior JDM headlights; foglights; taillights; SportDesign grille; RX shorty antenna
Suspension Tanabe coilovers; SuperPro bushings; FIGs toe links
Wheels Volk Racing wheels; Staggered 17x8/9; Conti DWS
post #243 of 350 (permalink) Old 09-28-2015, 12:13 PM Thread Starter
Aficionado

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 210 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvalero View Post
Sad too see it go, but I get why you had to do it. Isn't the Greddy lip as low as Vertex? Either way, your car still looks great!
The Vertex was about 2 inches lower than the Greddy. From the front it's about the same, but the side of the bumper and side skirts hang down alot lower than before

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS3_FTW View Post
Wow, what a surprise and i dont blame you. Is that an authentic greddy lip?
Yeah at one point I was even considering bagging it lol. Also no it's just a ebay replica, I don't think the authentic Greddy lip even fits USDM bumpers since it was made for the shorter Altezza bumper.
IS3_FTW likes this.

post #244 of 350 (permalink) Old 09-29-2015, 01:34 PM Thread Starter
Aficionado

Here's a few photos from StanceNation Tx a few weeks back.

Also a few videos that my car made it in

StanceNation 2015 Houston | CarsHype

StanceNation Houston / 8/30/15

StanceNation Texas | HOUSTON | 8-30-15

That's all the coverage I've found so far, but I'll update this post with more as it becomes available
mm71522 and White2003Lexus like this.

Last edited by blkaltezza; 10-04-2015 at 04:04 PM.
post #245 of 350 (permalink) Old 09-29-2015, 01:59 PM
SEAHAWKS!!

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 552 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkaltezza View Post
Yeah at one point I was even considering bagging it lol. Also no it's just a ebay replica, I don't think the authentic Greddy lip even fits USDM bumpers since it was made for the shorter Altezza bumper.

Phil
2001 IS300
Engine 2jz-ge w/SRT intake; HP header; Toyomoto ypipe
ICE/Interior Kenwood Excelon w/Nav; Fsport shift knob
Exterior JDM headlights; foglights; taillights; SportDesign grille; RX shorty antenna
Suspension Tanabe coilovers; SuperPro bushings; FIGs toe links
Wheels Volk Racing wheels; Staggered 17x8/9; Conti DWS
post #246 of 350 (permalink) Old 10-03-2015, 09:02 PM
Addict

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

tbh... i've grown to hate the greddy lip... i feel like everyone has it... the vertex was nice...
blkdout likes this.

2005 MSM Lexus IS300

Stock?
post #247 of 350 (permalink) Old 10-03-2015, 11:35 PM Thread Starter
Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraMan1784 View Post
tbh... i've grown to hate the greddy lip... i feel like everyone has it... the vertex was nice...
I've grown tired of it myself, but not to the point I hate it

I do agree with you saying that everyone has it though. I see them everywhere, but to me at least its a improvement over the stock bumper. I'll probably get the Vertex again if I bag my car, or once it's not my daily anymore. I just can't daily my car with the Vertex since it was fiberglass, and it hung down pretty low. I didn't want to risk destroying it so I sold it while it was still in pristine condition and went back to a polyurethane lip for now.
post #248 of 350 (permalink) Old 10-04-2015, 12:31 AM Thread Starter
Aficionado

So I attended a IS300 meet today hosted by Berny (Badman Forever) a few hours ago. Some of the older members probably remember Bernard's car as one of the first turbo IS300s in the states. The last time I saw his car was back in 2009, and before that it was sometime around 03-04. Back then I never knew who was the owner was, but I got a chance to talk to Berny today. He's still running the SRT Stage 2 turbo kit that he installed back in 2003 and he told me his car only has 57k original miles

Some of you probably remember this thread from WAY back. I used to lurk on the forums even back then, but didn't make a account until 6 years later in 2012, how sad

https://my.is/forums/f47/new-is300-drift-king-333902/

Anyways here's some pictures from the meet

Berny's car with the OG SRT Stage II turbo kit

My car with the SRT Stage III kit

My friend Hai's car which he just finished up with a r154, aristo ffim custom welded on the ge runners and megasquirt standalone

My buddy Nigel's RHD Aristo with a Borg Warner S366 turbo

blkdout and White2003Lexus like this.
post #249 of 350 (permalink) Old 10-04-2015, 03:03 AM
Follower

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)

Quote:
I really like how that looks debadged all black with the black painted tail lights

Build Here

Video Here

DIY Oil Filter Relocation Here

Follow Instagram.com/FSprtJK <--Here
Check out TireStickers.Com <--Here
post #250 of 350 (permalink) Old 10-04-2015, 08:11 AM
Lurker

Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Garage
Nice too see a well kitted black IS. Every time I tried to find some nice pictures of black IS the pictures sucked so much you couldn't even see the details in the kit. Good job on all you did. Went through the 17 pages and you really have a nice car.

From what I understand you didn't forged anything did you? What's the boost specs you are driving the car with at the moment? What kind of hp do you think you get right now? I am also looking for an Altezza front grille, where are you bought yours and at what price?

Previous cars:
2005-2006: 1997 Paseo SOLD
2006-2010: 1991 Mr2 LHD T-Top SOLD
Winter 2006:1990 Camry Beater SOLD
2007-2009: 1997 Paseo 1.3 Turbo SOLD
2009-2010: 2005 Echo RS Daily Drive SOLD
2010-2012: 2007 Tacoma X-Runner SOLD
2010:2015: 1994 Mr2 1994 Hardtop LHD 3sge Beams Turbo SOLD
2012-2013: 1998 Tercel SOLD
2013-2015: 2010 Corolla S SOLD
2015-??: 2001 Lexus Is300
post #251 of 350 (permalink) Old 10-04-2015, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2mkii View Post
Nice too see a well kitted black IS. Every time I tried to find some nice pictures of black IS the pictures sucked so much you couldn't even see the details in the kit. Good job on all you did. Went through the 17 pages and you really have a nice car.

From what I understand you didn't forged anything did you? What's the boost specs you are driving the car with at the moment? What kind of hp do you think you get right now? I am also looking for an Altezza front grille, where are you bought yours and at what price?
Thanks, glad it kept you entertained

As for the my setup I'm only running 7psi on the stock internals and my stock W55 transmission. On stock internals 9psi is pushing the limit and the w55 can only handle about 350lbs/torque so I'm playing it safe. For me its just the right amount of power for the streets, but my clutch is slipping right now under hard boost. That's probably what I'm going to take care of next.

For the front grill I got it off from ebay lol. I got it for $240 shipped and it was in perfect condition, but one of the tabs broke through ups. If I were to go through a vendor I probably would have gone through nigelJDMparts. I got my window visors from Nigel and he was great to deal with.
post #252 of 350 (permalink) Old 10-04-2015, 02:01 PM
Lurker

Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Garage
Quote:

As for the my setup I'm only running 7psi on the stock internals and my stock W55 transmission. On stock internals 9psi is pushing the limit and the w55 can only handle about 350lbs/torque so I'm playing it safe. For me its just the right amount of power for the streets, but my clutch is slipping right now under hard boost. That's probably what I'm going to take care of next.

For the front grill I got it off from ebay lol. I got it for $240 shipped and it was in perfect condition, but one of the tabs broke through ups. If I were to go through a vendor I probably would have gone through nigelJDMparts. I got my window visors from Nigel and he was great to deal with.
Yeah that's what I thought, 350whp is already really good. I had 402whp in my Mr2 before buying an IS and to be honest it was a bit excessive, especially being 200-250lbs under the initial 1200kgs after weight reduction.

Thanks for the tips about the grille. I've read about that shop yesterday while browsing through forums and I'll see if he can get good deals. I also have a contact in Japan providing tons of stuff to the Mr2 community but just learned he also provided JDM parts to other community. He can get it brand new for 275$ USD shipped. I guess it's a good price for new but with canadian dollar value being that low right now I'll have to wait for a good deal on a used one or simply wait till the value goes up again.

continue your good job, lots of work done on this car, didn't cut the corners and that's what I like when I see a project like that

Previous cars:
2005-2006: 1997 Paseo SOLD
2006-2010: 1991 Mr2 LHD T-Top SOLD
Winter 2006:1990 Camry Beater SOLD
2007-2009: 1997 Paseo 1.3 Turbo SOLD
2009-2010: 2005 Echo RS Daily Drive SOLD
2010-2012: 2007 Tacoma X-Runner SOLD
2010:2015: 1994 Mr2 1994 Hardtop LHD 3sge Beams Turbo SOLD
2012-2013: 1998 Tercel SOLD
2013-2015: 2010 Corolla S SOLD
2015-??: 2001 Lexus Is300
post #253 of 350 (permalink) Old 10-09-2015, 12:15 AM
Addict

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Quote:

i actually prefer the stock bumper over the greddy lip...

anywhoo

looks like we're running about the same power...

im on w55 running 10psi @ 350whp/350 ftlbs, stock internals, stock hg

clutch was slipping at 3 psi 250whp/250tq... switched to the TH Motorsports stage 2 clutchmasters upgrade... holds power fine even though it's rated at 320... thats what they told me.

someone kept the dual mass and just upgraded the disc... i wanna know how that drives...

2005 MSM Lexus IS300

Stock?
post #254 of 350 (permalink) Old 11-01-2015, 12:16 AM Thread Starter
Aficionado

Been a while since my last update, but not much has changed. Put about 3,000 miles on the turbo kit now and everything is still running well. I still get the occasional CEL for the same 3 EVAP codes I mentioned in the past. I'm pretty convinced it's the check overfill valve, but I haven't had time to drop the fuel tank and change it yet. Also the clutch still slips under hard boost as I mentioned before, but it hasn't gotten any worse. I still need to place my order for the THMotorsports clutch package at some point.

Anyways here's some recent pictures taken at Gillman Subaru's "The Big Event 7" about a month ago.

Wekfest Texas was also 2 weeks ago, but I decided not to show this year. After selling my Vertex kit my car just feels naked and I didn't want to show it lol. I also met another my.is member IS-ZERO from San Antonio. I swear his car is like my long lost twin, black onyx, SBC colored wheels, gold lug nuts, and we're both boosted. It's rare seeing another clean IS300 so as a result I didn't take that many pictures of my own car

Funny thing happened while I was showing Jonathan (IS-ZERO) my car at the premeet. I turned on my car to let Jonathan see how quiet it is even with the turbo kit installed when Junior, the founder of Wekfest, just happened to walk by. He asked if I was showing tomorrow which I said no. Wekfest was the same week as my midterms so I couldn't prep my car and study for midterms. Junior was shocked and asked if I was able to, would I show my car. I said well I could, but my car is nowhere ready. Junior said don't worry about it, just roll in tomorrow and tell the staff Junior said he wanted my car in the show. Pretty shocking Junior even gave me that option, but in the end I still didn't show. I didn't prep my car at all for the show and it would have bothered me.

The next day I still attended the event but I didn't show. I caught up with some old friends, and my friend made me hold his camera. Since I already had the camera, I decided to take some pictures but I couldn't figure out how to turn off the flash. The lighting was all messed up but I tried my best to edit it in photoshop. I'm no photographer, but here's a few shots I took.

If you want to see more you can check out my flickr album here.

Last edited by blkaltezza; 11-01-2015 at 12:47 AM.
post #255 of 350 (permalink) Old 11-03-2015, 04:30 PM
Lurker

Quoted: 15 Post(s)

Garage
Looks good! Holdin' it down in Texas my man!

2005 BLACK IS300
leather with a 5-speed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Member Rides and Builds > Member Build Threads - Lexus IS only

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page