User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2014, 06:56 PM Thread Starter
Follower

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Important A WARNING To THM Customers

Id like to share my experience with THM. Over the past few months I have been rebuilding my MR2 Spyder and buying parts for my IS300 as well. Needless to say I dropped easily $4k with THM this year alone. So a front caliper froze and I decided to go with a Supra BBK.

What bothers me is I paid for on 5/8 two Centric Cryo dipped Supra TT rotors. I was promised a 2 week turn around time buy Dewey and a 3 week time by Johnathan. Anyone whos purchased from them knows their terrible at sending out tracking numbers, more than half the time I already have it by the time I get one or I will never get one at all. So to continue on, 3 weeks go by, they claim next week. Four weeks, its another extra week. So 5 weeks, was told another week and I BLOW UP. Everyone I talk to has a different story from Hubert to Aaron, and Dewey.

I called Centric directly and they claim there is NO ORDER placed for these rotors and hasnt been for quite some time and yes I called to twice to confirm. Then THM says they piggy back orders from the distributor. Which basically means they do them in batches. So they wait till they get a specific number. Which they never told me in the beginning so it maybe bs. Does Centric do that or the distributor I dont know.

I had enough this is my DD and it needs to be back on the road. A similar situation happened with them regarding Injector Dynamics ID1000 two months ago. I was promised a day or two dropped shipped they took over a month and came from a distributor. Set my build back over a month and a half cause I dropped down on the list. Thats another thing is dont believe when they tell you where they ship from ever. I think they do it just so you feel you'll get it faster.

So I guess the cliff notes to this rant if you NEED something NOW do not get it from THM. Yes they give my.is discounts but you can take that number and have someone else beat it.

Before-03 IS AR w/Zex wet kit, HKS Hiper, WR intake, CM clutch, poison wide body kit-totaled 3/6/06

Now- Race car 2001 Toyota MR-S Lotus 2zz w/ Turbokits.com kit upgraded by DD Performance Research gtx2857 stg 2 cams:), ss lines, Porterfield brakes, Stoptech rotors, TRD quickshifter, MWR pulleys,cf wing, cf dashkit, cf gt300 hood, C-One bumper, C-One cf vents, Avic N4 AND MUCH MORE.

DD- 2003 IS300. SRT intake, HKS Hiper, HPR header, 17" PF01 wheels Supra BBK

Last edited by attentiongetr03; 08-08-2014 at 01:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2014, 07:28 PM
Patriot

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Garage
I had a similar issue awhile back. Canceled my order and called vivid. There were delays with the manufacturer of the product, but vivid kept me in the loop the whole time. If they didn't have the answer to a question when I would call, they would call me back within the hour. I'm a vivid convert.

2004 Black Onyx 5 speed
Koni | Eibach | SRT | Megan | Apex'i | ACT | Fidanza | Mizu | Ralco | PLP | Figs | Valentine One

2010 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG, 426 rwhp

VFA-11 The Red Rippers
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2014, 07:57 PM Thread Starter
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisridebike8 View Post
I had a similar issue awhile back. Canceled my order and called vivid. There were delays with the manufacturer of the product, but vivid kept me in the loop the whole time. If they didn't have the answer to a question when I would call, they would call me back within the hour. I'm a vivid convert.
Thank you. I seen Vivid carries Charge
Speed. I will try them out.

Before-03 IS AR w/Zex wet kit, HKS Hiper, WR intake, CM clutch, poison wide body kit-totaled 3/6/06

Now- Race car 2001 Toyota MR-S Lotus 2zz w/ Turbokits.com kit upgraded by DD Performance Research gtx2857 stg 2 cams:), ss lines, Porterfield brakes, Stoptech rotors, TRD quickshifter, MWR pulleys,cf wing, cf dashkit, cf gt300 hood, C-One bumper, C-One cf vents, Avic N4 AND MUCH MORE.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014, 05:32 PM
Enthusiast

Quoted: 26 Post(s)

there was at least 2-3 threads on them. over similar issues.... I made one....just imagine paying for a faster shipping service, taking time off work to install parts a few days after the parts are supposed to arrive and nothing shows up

'01 ASP 17x8 ssr comps 225/45 all around, LS400 bbk, FX-R 3.0 projector retrofit in JDM headlights, Modellista front, c-speed sides/rear, Rigid Bars, Hotchkis sways(stiff), Konis & eibach prokit, PLP intake tube & K&N filter, JIC Ti axleback w/ custom midpipe...more to come ;)
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-29-2014, 09:05 AM Thread Starter
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by broketuner View Post
there was at least 2-3 threads on them. over similar issues.... I made one....just imagine paying for a faster shipping service, taking time off work to install parts a few days after the parts are supposed to arrive and nothing shows up
Im sure there is more unhappy customers that have no came forward. THM tried bribing me to cancel my BBB complaint in lieu of being "take care of". I fell for this once and they went back to the same old tricks.

I did order some stuff from Todd at Vivid and I was very happy with the service so far. Surprisingly I did pay a few dollars more than Ebay but its insured.

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-29-2014, 09:24 AM
Aficionado

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)

I made a order once, when I called after a month of no product, they asked what store I was calling for, I guess they have more than one business or website. I did get my product though, and the tracking number was emailed to me one year after the order.

13 J8A FR-S Series 10
02 CW Sportcross rebuild in progress
02 BO Sportcross 2jzgte build in progress
11 SW Tundra DC TRD supercharged

02 MSM L-tuned Sportcross 5 Speed Sold
01 DWP IS300 Sold

Sportcross owners group on facebook

My Story: https://my.is/forums/f219/sportcross-...8/#post7991882

My For Sale: https://my.is/forums/f99/sportcross-s...hifter-438917/
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-04-2014, 05:31 PM
Frequenter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by broketuner View Post
had similar issue with mine also...paid 2 day shipping, got all but 1 piece...waited almost a week for last piece, BUT i paid for 2 day shipping for no reason...waste of a money IMO

-Keng
02 MSM 5SPD w/LSD
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-04-2014, 08:31 PM
Frequenter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I ordered ring compressor sleeve that took almost 2 months to come, haha.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-28-2014, 04:25 PM Thread Starter
Follower

Well now the BS is I purchased lines with the rotors gave them to shop to install (after I got the regular rotors because I couldnt wait any longer) and they gave me lines for a sc300/supra. I specifically told the rep I wanted IS lines and he still ordered the wrong part. I had to pay for return shipping on their mistake and on top of that they wanted to charge me 20% restocking fee but they waived that at least.

Its been 11 days since they acknowledged the return and still my account has not been credited! Time to file another BBB complaint.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Vendors > TH Motorsports

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page