LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010, 01:49 PM Thread Starter
Follower

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

REVIEW: SPC Front *AND* Rear Camber Kits

Hello,

I ordered recently the Front and Rear Camber kits from THMotorsports. Here is a review on the set.

Ordering process:
First off, ordering these suckers were very very simple. The help that THMotorsports gave when calling in was impeccable. I am from Canada and ordering across the border from companies from the States is usually a hassle but this order was simple, fast, and no issues happened at all during the shipment. I know I get annoying with questions but the guys at THMotorsports didn't mind to answer any questions I had to throw at them.

Fronts
Install:
Opening these things were surprisingly quick and in the box, they were already put together in the order of bolts and washers you need to install. So its as easy as unbolting them, and rebolting it together on your upper control arm.
The instructions that were given in the box were very vague and hard to understand, so the fact that they were already bolted together helped (just had to use a bit of common sense).
Hardest part in the install process is taking out the existing ball joint. Make sure you look at the notes in the instructions to make sure you don't break anything. Other than that, install of the fronts took about an hour for both sides (this is winging a lot of the install lol)
NOTE: make sure you take your time on installing them to make it adjust in and out, not side to side as its easy to make that mistake as the guide doesn't have a stopper from twisting upon install. (you will know what I mean when you install it)
Pros:
The set was easy to put on and they are easy to adjust.
Very cheap for what you get, and for how much my car is lowered, it gets it dead on to stock alignment. (lowing more in the spring w/ new suspension set up, so will see how that goes)
Cons:
To switch from adjusting the camber more positive to more negative than stock, you would have to take apart the arm again and reposition the adjuster 180 degrees. (really this isn't needed if you are lowering the car and want to make the camber more positive.)

Rears
Install:
Installing these guys can be considered as just as easy as the fronts, or more of a pain in the 4$$. lol
The instructions are more helpful this time but make sure before you do the work taking apart your stock adjusters, that your dremel tool that you need is brand new and sharp. (I made the mistake of using a dulled tool and had to stop half way, put it back together until I got a new bit.)
The install of these are simple as everything bolts into place super easy. The guide for the adjuster that they add helps with the strength a bit on the arm and the adjuster is even. Also the guide is fool proof to figure out how it fits on the control arm as it is made to line right up to the left or the right side (each one is made specific to a side).
The only pain is that you need to muscle yourself drilling the extra room for the extended guide.
Pros:
This set was again easy to put on (when every tool was there that I needed), and simple to adjust.
The setup is super cheap compared to other kits (but so you know, you are only getting an extra adjustment to the positive camber)
Cons:
Only positive camber adjustment advances over stock. Having more negative camber adjustment may help as to those (and my future plans) to go more aggressive in the wheel department.

OVERALL:
Overall, the kit was worth the buy. It came out to being a slight bit cheaper if not exact same price as a complete front arm replacement, but for my street uses only, its more than what I need.
The guys at THMotorsports were amazing and am definitely going to them first for all my parts needs that will be ordered from the States (unless they don't carry what part I want/need lol)
Yes you could go out there and get the FIGs rear arm and Cusco Front arm, but for around $300 for simple camber adjustments, this kit was worth it to me.
After driving with them on the car for a bit now, I have no issues and feels just the same as my stock arms.
Out of 10, I will give this kit an 8 as there are some things that can be issues to others (as listed in the cons above).
For me, this kit was perfect.

Thanks and hope this helps others that may be interested in the kit.

Aidan (eye ess)

If you have any questions, post, and I will try and help as best I can.

'01 OB IS300 E-Shift (mkIII Supra LSD)

FUJITSUBO / Leon Hardiritt / Megan / VERSION:SELECT / TRD(replica) / AC Schnitzer / SPC / ICHIBA

Last edited by THMotorsports; 01-05-2010 at 02:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010, 02:11 PM
Guru

Good review. But needs pics!

Car sold to a good new home!

Full Aristo 2JZ-GTE BPU++ - Getrag v161 - EMU - Brembo BBK - CCW Classics 9F/10.5R - 255/35F - 285/30R - AAR Arms - GReddy Type-S - Hotchkis Sways - Teck Kit - Prolex / Cusco STB - Full ICE - HKS Drager - Prosport Prem Boost/EGT/FP - Innovative LC-1/XD-16 - Goodridge SS - TRD F/R Underbrace - Greddy Profec B Spec II - Megan Toe Arms
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 03:09 PM
Fiend

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

do you need a press to install this?
no right?

back in action with a sportcross.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
Follower

It could help to get the original ball joint out.

FUJITSUBO / Leon Hardiritt / Megan / VERSION:SELECT / TRD(replica) / AC Schnitzer / SPC / ICHIBA
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 02:48 AM
Aficionado

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

You should do a diy on this... Lots of people have these kits but end up selling them cause they don't know or don't want to spend the money installing them... It would help out a lot if someone did make a diy of these kits... I've had this kit for a year now and still haven't came by to installing them... Got a qoute for jus installing the rears at 200 bux... I figured I could save the money and do them myself but when I got under the car, I wasn't sure which way it when or how to install them... Pics and steps would help out a bunch...

Greddy / TRD / JDM / Sport Design / L-tuned / Eibach / Tokico / HKS / SRT /

"She might be GOOD from far but she can be FAR from good!"
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 08:07 AM
Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

This would be great. If anyone is local in Chicago or near North Suburbs, we can do a free install for you if you buy the kit, and document it. We have a full service facility, and partner with a pro alignment company.

Thanks in advance,

Edward - General Manager
1-800-959-0145 ext 2
[email protected]
AIM: THMotorsportscom
THMotorsports - Lowest Price Parts HKS Exhaust Apexi World Sport Koni Seibon Carbon Fiber ACT Exedy Clutch Skunk2 - Homepage

PM ME FOR ALL QUOTES.

Will Xiao
- Phone: 1-800-959-0145 EXT: 7028
- [email protected]
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 01:28 PM Thread Starter
Follower

I can do a DIY, just may take a lil while to do one with photos

If you have the tools, the rears are very very easy to install.

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 01:33 PM
Aficionado

Anything yet?

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 08:54 PM Thread Starter
Follower

Sorry,

Havent had a chance as I am a University student and busy w/ work.
Once reading week hits I will write one up.

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 08:57 AM
Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

awesome, we are all anticipating some awesomeness

PM ME FOR ALL QUOTES.

Will Xiao
- Phone: 1-800-959-0145 EXT: 7028
- [email protected]
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010, 01:56 PM
Aficionado

Anything yet...

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010, 12:40 PM
Ab3
Lurker

still no pics?
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 07:51 PM

Anybody having problems with installing the rear kit? There seems to be a small bump on the control arm that interferes with the install. Also, my installer says the kit adds more negative camber even after the hole is elongated more. Plus my kit looks different from that of SPC's website. I need more positive camber from my kit as I'm already low on my 19's. Any suggestions? Need help!!
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 10:36 PM
Fiend

Garage
Curious has anybody that has this kit had issues with the front kit hitting the inner fender walls? I heard of an issue and have searched but havent found anything, i just received my kits and will be installing soon and just want to make sure there are no issues with the fronts, if not i'll return them and go with maybe the Megan upper arm?

2001 MSM Aristo swap 2JZ-GTE Turbo ProEFI 128
2003 Graphite Gray Pearl Manual 5sp: R.I.P. 2012
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-05-2011, 08:05 PM
Addict

I DEFINITELY hit the fenders. Its the nut on top thats the culprit. Not worth it IMO

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fully Built 2JZGTE VVTI , HEADGAMES Ferrea Head, FOUR RINGS Perf. Block, IP Cstm Pistons/Manley TurboTuff/Calico/ARP
Precision 6766HP CEA, 272 VVTI Cams, STG3 V160, Clutchmster Twin, ETS Twin Scroll, Tial, GS400 Rear, TRD LSD, Supra Axles,
Stoptech 4Whl BBK, Full Figs Suspension, KW V3, ProEFI 128, ID2000, Squash DBL Pumpr, Dual Tanabe Exhst
Check out my Build Thread =) Hiral's Build Thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Vendors > TH Motorsports

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page