is adams stuff re-labeled chemical guys products? - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-20-2007, 01:32 PM Thread Starter
Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

is adams stuff re-labeled chemical guys products?

this subject is all over autopia.....alot of people are saying that the Adams line of car care products are just re-labled/bottle chemical guys (CG) products.....

Adam's products - Autopia Car Detailing Forum

if so, why is adams charging so much for thier stuff?

lets hear it.

link to adams:

Car Wax, Car Polish, Auto Detail Supplies - Adam's Polishes

here is a lnk to the CG website......take a look.

Auto Detailing Kits for Professionals and Enthusiasts - Business Start Up Kit, Complete Mobil Detailer's Kit, Best Auto Detailing Kit, Detailing Kit For Car Enthusiasts

Staff Sergeant USAF
2002 IBP IS300- SOLD
2010 Mazdaspeed 3
2009 CX-7
88 mustang 5.0 coupe

Last edited by jaidedeye; 12-20-2007 at 01:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-21-2007, 09:32 PM
Fiend

Oh Snap

03 black SD - tein S techs - 35% tint - - SRT - seibon CF grill - TRD rep front lip - 18 x 7.5 5 zigen sport engine - L-tuned sways- mazzuri header - Greddy Evo 2
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-21-2007, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye_s_300 View Post
Oh Snap

im suprised "Adams" hasnt chimed in on this....

Staff Sergeant USAF
2002 IBP IS300- SOLD
2010 Mazdaspeed 3
2009 CX-7
88 mustang 5.0 coupe

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-22-2007, 08:33 AM
Fiend

i guess it doesnt bother me because i like companies that offer a FULL line like
PRO
MARK 5
AUTO MAGIC
SOUTH WEST AUTO CARE
all there bulk products are completely affordable. i was a distributor of the first 3 for 11 years and to this day those are the only products that touch my car. i have $800 of free products from south west auto care because they wanted me to be a distributor for them out here in NC haha and its great stuff and CHEAP

03 black SD - tein S techs - 35% tint - - SRT - seibon CF grill - TRD rep front lip - 18 x 7.5 5 zigen sport engine - L-tuned sways- mazzuri header - Greddy Evo 2
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-05-2008, 11:46 AM
Lurker

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

on almost every detailing forum, a thread like this will turn into heated argument and a couple of nasty words will be tossed back and forth.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 07:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaval View Post
on almost every detailing forum, a thread like this will turn into heated argument and a couple of nasty words will be tossed back and forth.
Only if the accused believes to be innocent.

- Greg '03 BO SD 5-spd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricK
BMWs are built for f0**ers who appreciate an engaging driving experience. Lexus cars are designed for anal retentive people who feel the feedback from the road is a nuisance instead of a bonus.
I'm a f#$%&r then
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 07:35 PM

Hey guys sorry for just chiming in!

This rumor has been spread around on Autopia for sometime now and all that I can say is that these rumors are not true. Adam's in no way is related to Chemical Guys or affiliated with their operations. Some of the negative people on that forum tend to stir up this question from time to time (i guess it makes them feel good inside) and the conversations just get ugly.

My personal feelings are this: If you use a product and it works great for you, AWESOME!! Please by all means keep on using it! We welcome all brands and types of detailing products being discussed or recommend to other members. But when we get the unfortunate people from that site spreading negative press about our company, it is just really sad to watch. We just say to those folks, "Come on guys, it's just car polish."

I hope this helps to clear the air about Adam's and CG. Please feel free to contact me anytime about this topic if you would like additional information.

Thanks,

-Dale
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

This rumor has been spread around on Autopia for sometime now and all that I can say is that these rumors are not true. Adam's in no way is related to Chemical Guys or affiliated with their operations. Some of the negative people on that forum tend to stir up this question from time to time (i guess it makes them feel good inside) and the conversations just get ugly.

My personal feelings are this: If you use a product and it works great for you, AWESOME!! Please by all means keep on using it! We welcome all brands and types of detailing products being discussed or recommend to other members. But when we get the unfortunate people from that site spreading negative press about our company, it is just really sad to watch. We just say to those folks, "Come on guys, it's just car polish."

I hope this helps to clear the air about Adam's and CG. Please feel free to contact me anytime about this topic if you would like additional information.

Thanks,

-Dale
who do you get your products from? its just fishy that alot of your products have the same or very similar names as the CG stuff..also, CG offers all thier products with any business name on them including custom products,bottles, labeling etc.

PRIVATE LABEL AUTO CARE PRODUCTS - PRIVATE LABEL CAR WAX, POLISH, CAR WASH, AUTO CARE

just curious as to why its such a big deal if its not true

im a zaino user so its not like i bought your products and then later found out i paid more for CG than i should have...just curious

Staff Sergeant USAF
2002 IBP IS300- SOLD
2010 Mazdaspeed 3
2009 CX-7
88 mustang 5.0 coupe
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 08:44 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

Thanks,

-Dale
I share your sentiments on product use. If it works for you and gets the results you are after, keep using it.

I've personally got nothing against the company, or whatever has gone on in the past about this issue. But to each their own. I just love detailing and will use products that work to my expectations.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-07-2008, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaidedeye View Post
who do you get your products from? its just fishy that alot of your products have the same or very similar names as the CG stuff..also, CG offers all thier products with any business name on them including custom products,bottles, labeling etc.

PRIVATE LABEL AUTO CARE PRODUCTS - PRIVATE LABEL CAR WAX, POLISH, CAR WASH, AUTO CARE

just curious as to why its such a big deal if its not true

im a zaino user so its not like i bought your products and then later found out i paid more for CG than i should have...just curious
Hey Jaidedeye,

Sent you a PM.

Thanks my friend,

-Dale
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 06:33 PM

im not a lexus fan... im loyal to my bmw so..
i saw the link of this thread @ autopia and i create an account here to post my reply

Yes.. many people think Adams = Relabeled Warner.
why? smell, viscosity, color, durability, everything is similar like few Poorboys products too.

[email protected]
"My personal feelings are this: If you use a product and it works great for you, AWESOME!!"

yes.. AWESOME.. buy it direct from the manufacturer with the original label, cheap cost. <-- this is great for me!
The costumer service of the Chemical Guys is excellent, Paul answer all client questions.
other companys like "Poorboys" dont tell the % of carnauba that natty paste have.. why? its just a %!

"Please by all means keep on using it!"

keep using the real product with the low price or try other products from the same manufacturer or other company looking for best results.

The member jaidedeye ask "who do you get your products from?"

[email protected] answer him in private...

The point is...
many detailers, car enthusiasts have the same question
Why answer the question in private?

"I can say is that these rumors are not true."

I can say: i dont trust in a person that says "its false, not true, etc, etc" prove that with real facts
we are the costumers, you eat thanks to us. If companys like Adams, Poorboys dont clean their bad reputation about "where they obtains their products"
i dont see a good future in this business.

im angry.. yes
why?

--->>>>>> "Come on guys, it's just car polish." <<<<<<<----

its just car polish? NO, is passion, obssession, enthusiast, hobby, MONEY, enjoying free time trying to get the perfect shine & combo, etc.

Many detailers, car enthusiast cleans, polish, wax their cars because they like doing it. no just polish..

if a company like Adams thinks "it's just car polish" (insignificant thing)......

we need companys that give importance to our work, understand what we need, why we do that.

the member jaidedeye wrote
"im a zaino user so its not like i bought your products and then later found out i paid more for CG than i should have...just curious"

me and many people have the same opinion.

I dont try to start a new war about opinions, etc
I only want a real, legit products information, customer service quality, excellent support, etc.
i want much?

If other companys like Menzerna, Warner Chemicals, Meguiars, give legit information about carnauba %, chemical composition, solvents, technology sharing in the case of zaino & warner, etc.
why Adams & Poorboys no?

pd. im planning to buy many products from Adams to compare and if i receive an identical Chemical Guys, SmartWax or Poorboy product Adams will need to give my money back.

thanks
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 08:32 PM

Hi memselk,

I'm sorry if my private conversation with jaidedeye offended you in any way, shape, or form. My reasoning behind sending the PM was to not start a thread full of negativity or statements that would confuse possible customers about our products. Unfortunately this negativity about our products is spread on forums such as Autopia and we would wish to keep those comments over there since we pay to be official sponsors of MY.IS

Similar to you, I have a true PASSION for car care (Passion may actually be an understatement). I too spend a lot of free time and MONEY to make sure my vehicles and my customer's vehicles look their very best. I actually own and use many of the brands you have mentioned above. I enjoy using and experimenting with different brands to produce the best shine possible.

When I said that "it's just car polish" I meant that it is not a topic for individuals to get in such a heated and drawn out argument over. Now if we were discussing the upcoming election this fall, then I can see reasons for hostility and anger in member's posts. Adam's in no way thinks that all polishes are created equal. We spend a lot of time ensuring that every one of our customers are happy and that our products exceed anything else they have ever tried.

Here is some additional information about the "rumors" of Chemical Guys and Adam's.As a person interested in detailing products, origins, etc, itís good that you have the facts!

Adamís was started in February of 2000. Chemical Guys was started four or five years later. They buy chemicals from one of the companies that blends products for us, and did Ďborrowí several product names from us initially, and after we threatened legal action, they have since stopped using some of those names. Other names, we didnít have trademarked, and now, we will be changing the names. (You know that we are a small company, and have learned much in business: Trademark everything!)

Important to know, The Chemical Guys donít make products, and are not chem manufacturers. They buy and sell bulk chemicals. There was a rumor started several years ago that they make our goods, however, as they are not making anyoneís goods, including their own, this fact is impossible. Also, Adamís has been around twice as long as they have, so the question need be asked. Itís a chronological impossibility.

Our formulas are only sold buy Adamís, and still to date, we have never refunded anyoneís money who believed that the Chemical Guys was as good or better then our chemicals. You know of our 110% unconditional guarantee?

At any rate, I appreciate you taking the time to read, and just to establish facts, as there are many unaware people on the Forum who say, ďAdamís is re-labeled Chemical Guys.Ē That is clearly not true, and people who spread that are spreading falsehoods. If you were to try them side-by-side, you too would agree that there is a difference, as our raw materials are of higher standards, and our blends are more advanced.

I hope this helps to clear things up and if you would like additional information about our blends, chemical compositions, or anything else, please feel free to contact me at [email protected].

Thanks and happy detailing!

-Dale
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-13-2017, 03:15 PM

Adam's Chemical Manufacture

Chemical Guys doesn't even manufacture their own chemicals. All of Adams Chemicals are manufactured by a small manufacturer in Denver, Colorado.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Off Topic > The Car Wash

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page