Anybody from APO in Germany here ??? - Page 5 - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 96 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 11:03 PM
Loyalist

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

You can always use your fuel rations card to buy gas off post. That way you get the quality German gas and keep the US price. I ran the shit out of my IS and never had a problem with the gas on post.

As for maintenance, there are car lifts at almost all the posts. So if you're good with a wrench, you can do all your own maintenance. If you need help with something major, hit up OG 187 or psaiko, they are really good with tools.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 96 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 11:34 PM
Frequenter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juic View Post
You can always use your fuel rations card to buy gas off post. That way you get the quality German gas and keep the US price. I ran the shit out of my IS and never had a problem with the gas on post.

As for maintenance, there are car lifts at almost all the posts. So if you're good with a wrench, you can do all your own maintenance. If you need help with something major, hit up OG 187 or psaiko, they are really good with tools.
all true statements... i always forget about the ESSO shit.

|05 CWP|K&N|Megan LP series|Hotchkis sways|Altezza 3 bar grill|Megan adjustable A arms|
post #63 of 96 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 11:18 AM
Frequenter

Quote:

I meant to ask about this fuel card. A co-worker of mine is going the same time I am and he mentioned it. How does it work exactly? Good to know there is some sort of auto center on post to work on your car. That'll make life easier. I meant to ask last time. How bad are the customs fees if you want to buy aftermarket parts for your car?

'03 BO IS300 Authentic L-tuned kit Formerly Yes Officer's ride R.I.P. 4/4/09
'02 BO IS300 Authentic Series II L-tune
|Injen||ACT||Ltune||JIC||Greddy||Fidanza||TRD||StopTech||Kumho||Karl-Sport||Seibon||KW|

post #64 of 96 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 07:17 AM
Loyalist

Gas is rationed in Germany. I forget how many liters you get a month, but I only ran out once. And that time I was driving ALL over Germany, and I ran out like the last day of the month. When I left, they kept track of your gas by use of a special credit card they gave you. When you would get gas, the receipt would say how many liters you had left in the month. The actually worked more like a debit card. You could load money onto it and then go off post and buy German gas using the balance on the card. But you couldn't go over that balance or you would have to pay for the WHOLE purchase in Euro and at the German rate. So as long as you make wure you have enough cash on your card, you can buy gas on the economy quit easily.

As for aftermarket parts, getting them shipped to an APO box is the same as shipping to a stateside address(New York to be exact). There are some limitations on size and weight though. The largest thing I've ever had shipped over there was a 156cm Snow board. What parts of you thinking of getting?
post #65 of 96 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 10:43 AM
Frequenter

Nothing huge. The biggest I can think of would be coilovers if I don't get to them before I leave Kansas. Possibly tires too if I can't get them anywhere nearby. I was just curious if it was real expensive to get parts since there aren't any places around to get them and thanks for explaining the gas card detail.

|Injen||ACT||Ltune||JIC||Greddy||Fidanza||TRD||StopTech||Kumho||Karl-Sport||Seibon||KW|
post #66 of 96 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 11:49 AM
Loyalist

I've had both of those shipped to my APO. The tires get shipped without any packaging so they are easy. The coilovers were close on the weight limit but worst come to worst, you have to separate them into two boxes before shipment. Another good thing about APO is that shipping from APO to APO is free(most of the time). So if you have a friend stationed in Japan, he can ship you stuff for free(that's how I got my coilovers).
post #67 of 96 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 03:34 AM
Frequenter

Quote:
As for maintenance, ... If you need help with something major, hit up OG 187 or psaiko, they are really good with tools.

Yes!
Just shoot me a PM and we'll find a solution

Lexus IS200
1G-FE supercharged, 2AZ-FE Injectors, MapECU2, Zeitronix ZT2 + DashDAQ, Synnapse BOV
DKNE extracters, custom Y, 200cpsi, HKS CarbonTI, C-ONE underbody & cooling panel
Hotchkiss sways, KW variant 2, O.Z. Ultraleggera 8x18, SupraTT calipers, HAWK pads, RTuned RigidBars
Helix Organics clutch, Jun flywheel, custom shortshifter, ARC Titanium shift knob
daily yellow Sportcross and UZ-IS to Drift
post #68 of 96 (permalink) Old 02-14-2011, 11:32 AM
Frequenter

Hey guyz

Haven’t checked in here in a while. Great to see some chatter going on up in the APO – Germany Forum.
I love this country but I have had a lot of trouble trying to get stuff done… I can’t take my car to a dealership because its modified and don’t think they will touch it…I'll try it if I have to. Shipping my Stance Coilovers and other stuff has been the EZ part. Thanks to "The OG" I have been able to get some stuff done. After some Swaybars, Coilovers and a good alignment my car drives like a dream . . .
post #69 of 96 (permalink) Old 03-05-2011, 02:19 AM
Frequenter

Hey guys..

For those that have been here for awhile.. Do you know of a good place to get body work done? Looking for good prices and quality work. My C-West front and rear bumper got damaged, but I haven't been here long enough to find a shop that deal with body kits.
post #70 of 96 (permalink) Old 03-24-2011, 02:29 PM
Frequenter

Hey Lemarc

Not sure where you are exactly but I know that Vehicle Visions | Tuning & Reparatur: KFZ Meisterwerkstatt in Wiesbaden-Nordenstadt (near Wiesbaden Air Base) does custom fiberglass work and body kits. I believe they are fair on prices however the exchange rate is so bad that it will be expensive anywhere you go.. if you can find a place.

Phone +49 (0)6122 7070820 ask for Danial [ his specialty is fiberglass and NOS ]

Hope this helps some...
post #71 of 96 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 05:23 PM
Loyalist

Sup biatches? Anything new? I hit a raccoon while driving from Texas to Arizona. Now I need to get my shit repainted and the lower grill of my bumper needs to be straightend out.

Can any of you send me a doner? I've been craving one for a long time now :D Actually, send me a bunch of Turks so they can open a doner stand over here.
post #72 of 96 (permalink) Old 07-03-2011, 11:24 AM
Frequenter

Just a few more days and I'll be in my new home, Germany. Good f'n bye Kansas.

post #73 of 96 (permalink) Old 07-20-2011, 10:48 AM
Frequenter

Doesn't seem like anyone reads this but I'm in Germany and the IS is on it's long, painfully slow journey on the boat. Who wants to help me put on a ton of Figs stuff when it get's here?

post #74 of 96 (permalink) Old 07-23-2011, 02:45 AM
Loyalist

OG 187 lives in Neu-Ulm which is about an hour and 1/2 away. He has a car lift too so you might try sending him a PM. But Fig's stuff is pretty straight forward for installs. You should be able to tackle it by your self using the lifts and tools on Katterbach.
post #75 of 96 (permalink) Old 08-12-2011, 03:31 AM
Frequenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Ltune View Post
Doesn't seem like anyone reads this but I'm in Germany and the IS is on it's long, painfully slow journey on the boat. Who wants to help me put on a ton of Figs stuff when it get's here?
I can help you!
But I could also need some help to built my own drift IS200 so I can watch my three IS Mk1 every day and choose which one fits best for my actual mood

By the way: the juice is damn right!!
Quote:
OG 187 lives in Neu-Ulm which is about an hour and 1/2 away. He has a car lift too so you might try sending him a PM. But Fig's stuff is pretty straight forward for installs. You should be able to tackle it by your self using the lifts and tools on Katterbach.
When is your next trip to germany?!?

Lexus IS200
1G-FE supercharged, 2AZ-FE Injectors, MapECU2, Zeitronix ZT2 + DashDAQ, Synnapse BOV
DKNE extracters, custom Y, 200cpsi, HKS CarbonTI, C-ONE underbody & cooling panel
Hotchkiss sways, KW variant 2, O.Z. Ultraleggera 8x18, SupraTT calipers, HAWK pads, RTuned RigidBars
Helix Organics clutch, Jun flywheel, custom shortshifter, ARC Titanium shift knob
daily yellow Sportcross and UZ-IS to Drift
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Regional Forums / All Together Now > International

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page