User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-14-2017, 06:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thumbs Down Jamjohn

I have the same problem on my 2006 Lexus IS350. My issues started in the dealer ship after taking the car in to have the Gas rail and a connector replaced because the car smelled like gas, when I picked up the car and went to turn on the Defogger I noticed there was no power to the Navigation Screen, or any of the surrounding buttons and only the radio worked. The dealer claims it was just a coincidence that this problem occurred while the car was in there possession and wants to charge me $150 to diagnose the problem which according to them could be that the whole navigation and climate control cluster may have to be replaced at an approximate cost of 5k. I'll never know if they caused it somehow, but the defogger was on and working when I drove the car in. All the fuses were checked and they are fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-28-2017, 10:46 PM

My screen started freezing months ago from time to time and then would get lines through it and eventually I started to have black screen intermittently and now it has been months since it turned off. I've taken it to 5 mechanics and bought a new screen and had it replaced and was then told it was most likely always going to be the motherboard if you have nothing on your screen at all (black screen) and the buttons around it don't work. Yes we've checked the relays and fuses a million times. I've got a new alternator and battery, done everything everyone says to try and nothing has worked. Please God let this work. In SC, a realtor, in 100+temps dripping sweat meeting million dollar clients is NOT cute. Oh and my heat is stuck on.
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-28-2017, 10:47 PM

BTW if anyone needs a touchscreen I have one I can sell you for $125 if you pay shipping.

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-28-2017, 10:49 PM

He fried your motherboard in your nav screen.
Same thing happened to me. Only it was the water pump and now the place that did it has literally burnt to the ground. Karma?
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-28-2017, 10:51 PM

Have you had the software updated? And when you say you changed the system, did it include the motherboard?
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-28-2017, 10:52 PM

post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-28-2017, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08lexus350 View Post
Hello, I have a problem with my climate controls, my whole upper part of the center console is not responding, i checked all fuses and everything was fine, i also thought maybe something got disconnected in the back of the unit, so i took it out and all wires look good and plugged in. Im not sure where i can go after this point, any help or suggestions, thanks a lot

hey guy just got a dash (climate control part) from my friends car, he was generous enough to take it off and see if that was the problem on my car. after plugging up all the wires, the buttons still did not respond and the lcd screen was blank. any other ideas what can be wrong? anyone know what exact fuse controls the buttons,climate unit (i checked all the fuses i could, they all seemed ok, maybe I'm missing something, or ill just change the fuse just for the hell of it)?

help please
Did you get this fixed? Was the screen black or just frozen? One thing I've learned through all of this is that NO ONE is touching anything on my car that is not carrying enough ins to fix the damage. Apparently, there are a million and one ways to fry the nav screen.
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 05:08 PM

This is an old thread but my solution/experience may (or may not) help others. I have an '06 IS350 with about 110K miles. It's exceedingly unpleasant outside (90+ F, very humid) and I had the same problem this AM - nav screen black, no buttons worked, radio did work. I disconnected the negative lead, verified fuses, drank a good IPA and reconnected the battery lead. After that, all is well. Nav screen works, buttons ok, A/C works!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 2nd-Gen IS250/IS350 > Mobiletronics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page