Help climate control dash not responding - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-02-2012, 01:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hello, I have a problem with my climate controls, my whole upper part of the center console is not responding, i checked all fuses and everything was fine, i also thought maybe something got disconnected in the back of the unit, so i took it out and all wires look good and plugged in. Im not sure where i can go after this point, any help or suggestions, thanks a lot

hey guy just got a dash (climate control part) from my friends car, he was generous enough to take it off and see if that was the problem on my car. after plugging up all the wires, the buttons still did not respond and the lcd screen was blank. any other ideas what can be wrong? anyone know what exact fuse controls the buttons,climate unit (i checked all the fuses i could, they all seemed ok, maybe I'm missing something, or ill just change the fuse just for the hell of it)?

help please

Last edited by jasonm4; 01-14-2012 at 12:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-14-2012, 12:33 PM
Immortal

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)

It may still possibly have no power if you have no response at all. At that point you would test for voltage to ground to verify there's not a problem with the whole unit. No power, then it could be a wiring issue(assuming you physically seen and tested all of the fuses are good). If you are possibly still under manufacturers warranty, then I would take it straight to the dealer.

'02 IS300 MSM LSD
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-14-2012, 12:39 PM Thread Starter

no warranty pass gone, I'm on my own. there is power bc the radio works, and the upper LCD screen has power to because i can see it lights up, just no display or response from the buttons.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-14-2012, 02:23 PM
Follower

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Check the ACC fuse and ECU-IG on the passenger side fuse box under the dashboard.

2004 Savannah Metallic IS300 E-Shift 5AT->Now 5MT. M85 Torsen LS Differential, Supra BBK.
2005 Graphite Gray Pearl IS300 all stock (fiance's)
Your friendly neighborhood Lexus Master Tech.
My Build Thread
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-14-2012, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Snake View Post
Check the ACC fuse and ECU-IG on the passenger side fuse box under the dashboard.
just checked the two fuses they are perfect, not even a sign of corrosion or anything. this was under the pass dash

help please

anyone know where the HVAC control module is located?

Last edited by JohnnyChimpo; 01-18-2012 at 02:02 AM. Reason: Post whoring
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-15-2012, 03:45 PM
Immortal

center console I believe
2008 IS350: OEM Electrical (SWITCH & RELAY) Replacement Parts

which gives an output to control the various servos and dampers. There are also a number of input sensors to the climate control.
2008 IS350: OEM Electrical (HEATING & AC) Replacement Parts

'02 IS300 MSM LSD
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012, 06:18 PM Thread Starter

does anyone know where all grounds are for center console?, radio/heating temperature unit.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012, 07:15 PM
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08lexus350 View Post
does anyone know where all grounds are for center console?, radio/heating temperature unit.
If you have total loss of power to the unit, why not test the ground pin on the harness attached to the climate control with an ohmmeter. Im not 100% for sure on the ISX50, but I'm willing to bet the ground wire is a white w/black stripe and is not switched to ground. Usually console wiring like the first gen is grounded to the cowl, either left or right side. You can check the pins to chassis for +12 volts with the ignition on as well. Toyota has pretty common wire colors and there should be just one ground for unit power by color as mentioned. Make sure to check all fuses, some are not labeled as such, but work in conjunction.
JPowell28 likes this.

'02 IS300 MSM LSD
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012, 08:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonm4444 View Post
If you have total loss of power to the unit, why not test the ground pin on the harness attached to the climate control with an ohmmeter. Im not 100% for sure on the ISX50, but I'm willing to bet the ground wire is a white w/black stripe and is not switched to ground. Usually console wiring like the first gen is grounded to the cowl, either left or right side. You can check the pins to chassis for +12 volts with the ignition on as well. Toyota has pretty common wire colors and there should be just one ground for unit power by color as mentioned. Make sure to check all fuses, some are not labeled as such, but work in conjunction.

I don't have complete power loss, bc the radio works, just not the temp controls. i did take out the harness and the whole unit (radio and Temp unit) went out, and when i plugged it back out only the radio started to work. Also from a side I can see that the lcd screen for the climate unit has power because i can see it light up a little. i think there is a ground only for the climate unit since i checked all fuses many times and even changed couple just for make sure they wer'nt bad.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012, 08:37 PM
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08lexus350 View Post
I don't have complete power loss, bc the radio works, just not the temp controls. i did take out the harness and the whole unit (radio and Temp unit) went out, and when i plugged it back out only the radio started to work. Also from a side I can see that the lcd screen for the climate unit has power because i can see it light up a little. i think there is a ground only for the climate unit since i checked all fuses many times and even changed couple just for make sure they wer'nt bad.
Unfortunately I can tell you you're problem for sure of you had a first gen car, but you don't(I'm working on mechanics books/prints for IS2X50 F), you have second gen. Maybe knightshade will chime in, but it sounds like a unit malfunction. I highly doubt it's a ground issue IMO, usually they are banked together and you'd have other issues. Are you out of warranty?

'02 IS300 MSM LSD
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-05-2012, 08:47 PM Thread Starter

no warranty, i replaced the unit already too and the problem was exactly the same, luckily the guy took it back
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-09-2014, 01:04 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello,my is250 has the same issue.managed to solve yours and how if so how?
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-12-2016, 04:52 PM

Hi did you ever find the problem to this cause im ecperiencing the exact same problem right now i need help
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-10-2016, 05:35 PM
Frequenter

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

same problem here but in an is300
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 09:43 AM

I have the exact same problem. Did anyone figure out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 2nd-Gen IS250/IS350 > Mobiletronics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page