AUX Input button doesn't work - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-03-2011, 09:41 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

AUX Input button doesn't work

I have a 2006 IS350 with Navigation and have using my droid-x with a audio cable to listen to music via AUX Input. Recently, when I press the CD/AUX button, it doesn't switch to AUX (it stays at CD). It plays the CD fine but it doesn't toggle between CD & Aux. Has anyone experienced a similar problem or have ideas how I can troubleshoot this? Thanks in Advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtkim82air View Post
I have a 2006 IS350 with Navigation and have using my droid-x with a audio cable to listen to music via AUX Input. Recently, when I press the CD/AUX button, it doesn't switch to AUX (it stays at CD). It plays the CD fine but it doesn't toggle between CD & Aux. Has anyone experienced a similar problem or have ideas how I can troubleshoot this? Thanks in Advance.
I'd try a few things. First, see if there's an issue with the AUX cable. Try connecting this into another system such as a home theater system or another vehicle that has AUX. If the cable is bad, then you know this is the issue.

If the cable is good, then what I recommend doing, since that happens to me occasionally with my IS and my iPod adapter, is make sure that the audio is set to FM and then turn the audio off, then turn your car off. Then plug the AUX cable from your Droid to the AUX in on your car, then turn your car on, then turn the audio back on, which should be on FM. After doing this wait a few seconds then switch to AUX and see if it works.

I realize that sometimes it takes a while for the head unit to register an outside source. If it gets to a point where it's suck, it will disable the source. This is the only way that I know of resetting it. Let me know if it works!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-09-2011, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

@wujo - I will try that within next couple of days and let you know. Thanks for your input!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-05-2011, 11:53 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Garage
if this works for you let me know, I will give it a try once I return to the states ...

'08 IS250 Obsidian // F 35% R 25% Tint // GFX Front Lip // F-Sport //
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-28-2018, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
if this works for you let me know, I will give it a try once I return to the states ...
"If the cable is good, then what I recommend doing, since that happens to me occasionally with my IS and my iPod adapter, is make sure that the audio is set to FM and then turn the audio off, then turn your car off. Then plug the AUX cable from your Droid to the AUX in on your car, then turn your car on, then turn the audio back on, which should be on FM. After doing this wait a few seconds then switch to AUX and see if it works."

Did that work?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 2nd-Gen IS250/IS350 > Mobiletronics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page