• 1 Post By Solid_Snake
  • 1 Post By ezperkins

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 09:40 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

'Audio off'

I have a '12 IS250 with Nav (non ML) and am not getting any audio out of the system. When I hit the Audio button, the screen shows 'audio off' and hitting the power/volume button does nothing. I also do not get any sound from the voice command and cannot make a bluetooth connection to a phone. Nav works and the touchscreen works fine. In audio screen the tabs at the top are mostly greyed out as well. I can hit the AM or FM tabs and they highlight, but nothing happens.

The have been scouring the forums for ideas. Best so far is that the amp is bad/shorted or that the audio head unit has come disconnected on the back and that I need to pull it out and check connections. I can check that but before tearing into things thought I would see if anyone else has had these problems.

Last note. I have been to the dealer, they offered to look at it for $150. I couldn't leave it with them at the time and have not yet gone back. For arguments sake, let's assume no warranty coverage (I'm working on that end too.)

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 06:11 PM
Follower

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

How many miles on your car? Should be covered under comprehensive warranty 4years 50,000 miles.
Poke_IS300 likes this.

2004 Savannah Metallic IS300 E-Shift 5AT->Now 5MT. M85 Torsen LS Differential, Supra BBK.
2005 Graphite Gray Pearl IS300 all stock (fiance's)
Your friendly neighborhood Lexus Master Tech.
My Build Thread
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 10:52 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Solid Snake, but lexus may not cover this for other reasons.

I tried disconnecting the battery tonight to see if it would work after reboot, but there was no change. Next up is pull the hole unit and check connections unless I get some other suggestions.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-09-2013, 10:56 PM Thread Starter

Okay. Tried every fuse I could find that related to radio (rad1-3, acc) and no effect. Starting to think the head unit might be the culprit.

Dealer quoted me $650+$120 labor to replace. Any one no where to buy at a better price?Think I can pull and replace, but any tips would be welcome.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-17-2013, 07:34 PM Thread Starter

So not much in the way of responses on this one so I'll take it that is has not been a common one.

Thought I would share the findings. Took it in to Lexus and they pulled it all out. The head unit was toast, hence no sound to anything. They did not find any other problems, but we won't know until a new unit is plugged in. They did surprise me by saying that the price would be twice as high as the first quote as they assumed my unit would be sent back and refurbished (trade in). They said it could not be so it would actually be $1350. Sooo, not buying from them. I ordered one online from a reputable recycler for $300 including warranty. Hope it all works out.
Poke_IS300 likes this.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-13-2015, 05:33 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thanks for the post. I have the same problem. Did the new head unit fix the problem?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-13-2015, 08:10 AM
Fiend

Quoted: 50 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezperkins View Post
So not much in the way of responses on this one so I'll take it that is has not been a common one.

Thought I would share the findings. Took it in to Lexus and they pulled it all out. The head unit was toast, hence no sound to anything. They did not find any other problems, but we won't know until a new unit is plugged in. They did surprise me by saying that the price would be twice as high as the first quote as they assumed my unit would be sent back and refurbished (trade in). They said it could not be so it would actually be $1350. Sooo, not buying from them. I ordered one online from a reputable recycler for $300 including warranty. Hope it all works out.
Awesome, problem solved

MY IS is Boosted with imagination by Sesame Street Performance (lol)
HKS DLI ignition box, PHR alternator 230amp or 250amp peak idk, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, Brain Crower 264 cams, SRT Intake with RaceECU, Fidinza adjustment Cam-gear Exhaust set 0, Mishimoto Engine&Trans radiator+hoses, megan racing y-pipe, OEM FRS 4.10 rear Torsen LSD diff, greddy EVO2 cat-back, SSR type CRS wheels, Tokico Illumina 5-way shocks, Cusco blue swaybars and chassis stiffiners..... Doin that all motor build
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-25-2015, 11:57 PM

Hi

May i know which recycler u ordered from?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-05-2018, 09:30 AM

Red Face IS 250 Audio Off

I saw this on you tube...... IT WORKS!!!

Replace 10A Fuse under passenger side compartment. Fuse looked good, but replacement solved the problem!

Lexus dealer wanted $900+ was going to replace amp and possibly radio head unit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 2nd-Gen IS250/IS350 > Mobiletronics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page