Lexus IS Forum banner

Anyone running KW V3's for the 2IS? | THMotorsports

7K views 33 replies 13 participants last post by  THMotorsports 
#1 ·
Guys and gals,

I wanted to see who here is running the KW V3's for any of the 2IS's including the F. These are the best coil overs we sell (and I run them myself ;)) and wanted to know your feedback?

Eddie

#7 ·
whats cost?

#9 ·
I should receive my KW V3's next week. Hopefully installed soon after. Will post some feedback soon...

#11 ·
So far I've had the KW V3's on the car for about 2 weeks. Just had some fine tuning and an alignment done today. WOW! The ride is fantastic... Initially I had the rebound set at the factory setting of 6 (out of 18) it was a little choppy on the freeway for my taste. Now I have the rebound set at 9 and what a difference. I left the compression settings alone for the most part. Just backed off a quarter turn in the front.

Very easy to adjust these to your preference. Freeway ride is very smooth. The overall handling has improved dramatically. For me, definitely worth the price. I was able to lower the car (about 1 1/2 inches) with no rubbing so far. We'll see what happens when I receive my new rims and tires.

The steering feel is just phenomenal. Turn in is very quick. Even though I'm coming from the stock set-up and I've never had coilovers before the difference is just... WOW!! I have had a 240sx and a couple of RX-7s in the past and I would put this at the top of the list... I can't wait for the Volk's and the Advan AD 08's to arrive...

As you can tell... Very please with the purchase and performance of these coilovers.

#19 ·
KW told me that they haven't done any testing of the sedan kit on the vert yet.....no do they have any upcoming plans to do so either :( :( :(

Do you know if they came out with a part number specifically for the IS-C????

#23 ·
Although I have an is300 I have had the kw v3 for 5 months now and they are the best coilovers I have ever owned. They have a great range of adjustability for whatever you desire from your car.

#25 ·
Almost one year since installing the KW V3's... Still impressed with the overall smoothness and improved handling with these coilovers. I'm sure the PS2's help a bit too! Just recently had a lot of road work done in my area and have hit a few BIG bumps lately. No problems at all... Now with the fresh and smooth asphalt... Well, you got to have a little fun, right. No regrets at all with these. I know some say they are a little pricey, but you get what you pay for. No regrets here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.