Lexus IS Forum

Lexus IS Forum (https://www.my.is/forums/)
-   Showroom (https://www.my.is/forums/f154/)
-   -   Side Mirror Removal/Disassembly (https://www.my.is/forums/f154/side-mirror-removal-disassembly-358198/)

SpectraBlueMica 04-08-2008 05:03 PM

Side Mirror Removal/Disassembly

Does anybody have a how-to on removing/disassembling the side mirrors? I bought the LED turn signal back side replacement thing from Ebay and I can't figure out how to start the process of taking the mirrors apart. Thanks!

pocky 04-08-2008 05:31 PM

First thing you do is position the mirrors UPWARDS, so it will give you a gap from the bottom of the mirror. Slowly wedge your fingers under the gap on the bottom of the mirror and pull UP. Slowly until it unclips itself. The sounds the mirror will make is not pleasing, but don't worry you did not break it. As long as you take your time.

Once you do that, take the mirror off, BECAREFUL, there is white goo in the middle, it's quite messy.

There will be 4 (I believe) philips screws that will be revealed, unscrew that, and then pop the cover off. That's it!

SpectraBlueMica 04-08-2008 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pocky (Post 5338127)
First thing you do is position the mirrors UPWARDS, so it will give you a gap from the bottom of the mirror. Slowly wedge your fingers under the gap on the bottom of the mirror and pull UP. Slowly until it unclips itself. The sounds the mirror will make is not pleasing, but don't worry you did not break it. As long as you take your time.

Once you do that, take the mirror off, BECAREFUL, there is white goo in the middle, it's quite messy.

There will be 4 (I believe) philips screws that will be revealed, unscrew that, and then pop the cover off. That's it!

Awesome!!! Thanks so much! +Rep

is350jonny 04-10-2008 01:46 AM

you only need to remove 3 screws... top 2 and bottom outside one.

el-guapin 04-22-2008 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectraBlueMica (Post 5338047)
Does anybody have a how-to on removing/disassembling the side mirrors? I bought the LED turn signal back side replacement thing from Ebay and I can't figure out how to start the process of taking the mirrors apart. Thanks!

Can you post a pic or a link of said covers?..

pocky 04-23-2008 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el-guapin (Post 5363382)
Can you post a pic or a link of said covers?..

There is a seller on eBay from Japan selling them.

TheSpeed.com

jwis300 03-12-2016 04:26 PM

Has anyone replaced the mirror itself? I took the mirror off and looked behind it. There was some glue. There was also the electronics for the heated mirror as well. I saw 2 wires which look like the heat source siliconed to the back of the mirror itself. Does anyone know if the heated assembly is seperate from the mirror itself? It's just really glued together?

Can I just buy a replacement side mirror. Remove the old mirror. Pry apart the mirror and the heated electronics and just slap it back onto the new mirror? Is that how it works? Will the heated part be damaged in the process? Or if I just buy a replacement side mirror only...it wouldn't be heated as there is no way to not damage it if I pried it apart and did not buy oem?