User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 03:18 PM
Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey Guys,

ddb - thanks for taking the time to write.

Original Fake - IS models that have OEM HID use D4S HID bulbs. If your vehicle does not have OEM HID then it uses H11 halogen bulbs.

To upgrade your OEM halogen bulbs to HID you would need to get an H11 HID conversion kit. If your vehicle has OEM HID bulbs and you just want to change the colour temperature of the bulbs you would just need to buy new D4S bulbs (you do not need a kit).

Please view this link for more information about our current promotional pricing on my.is:

https://my.is/forums/f173/xenondepot-...r-sale-355745/

Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-06-2008, 09:47 AM Thread Starter
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddb View Post
xtwinkiieex: First of all, Projectors and HID have nothing to do with each other. Projectors is one type of headlight, which is better for HID use than Reflectors. Still you can have either HID or Halogens on either kind of headlight. All ISx50 have Projector type Headlights.

Now you need to figure out if you have HIDs or not. To do so, just look at the lights when you turn them ON (you can have someone to look or you look while someone turns them ON or go close to a wall and do it all yourself while looking at the wall). When you turn ON HIDs, they have a very small flick like a neon light. That is the igniter turning them ON.

You also will know if you have them as the ISx50 have the auto level feature only for the HID (the projector inside the headlight moves to adjust the direction they point to help on turns, etc).

If you have HIDs, then you probably want to upgrade to a higher color temperature to obtain more blue out of the light. I wouldn’t go with anything higher than 5000K as the blue color will make your eyes get tire faster and will also start going down on brightness. Anything higher is more for show and could get you also in trouble with the police as it could be illegal in some places. Besides that, if you have fog or lots of rain where you live, you are better off using stock color which is around 4300K. The stock or OEM HID bulbs are D4S.

If you don’t have HIDs, then you need a conversion kit. There are plenty on the market. I just got a week ago mine from Xenon Depot. Everybody have good things to say about them, and so do I. Customer service is A+ and delivery was as fast as it could be. The kit is easy to install and should take only 2 to 4 hours depending on how good you are with tools under the hood. The stock or OEM bulbs for Halogen are H11 and you need to order a kit that has those bulbs so they can fit in the socket.

kingofthievez: just read above.

Original Fake: I just got my kit from Xenon Depot. They are having a special. If you look under their section on the Forums, they have a link for the special. You save $25 (about the shipping cost). I got it in a week after I order it. the price would be around $225.

They have many different colors, just go to their page. Andn o, you do not get D4S bulbs. You must order the H11 conversion kit so you can “plug & play” the bulbs in the stock sockets which are H11 type.

Read above for more info.
XenonDepot

you comments actually helped a lot.
so i need to get a conversion kit with H11.

oh btw...wats the website address??

06 Smokey Granite Mica IS250
Rachel
Team Rawr!!
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 08:05 AM
Lurker

Glad I could help =)

Yes, you would need to order an h11 HID conversion kit if your vehicle has OEM halogen headlamps. Our h11 4300k kit are available in a variety of colour temperatures.

With colour temperature, the higher you go in terms of colour temperature the more colour you obtain however the less actual useable light output you emit. Are you looking to get the brightest and most OEM look and feel? If so, I would suggest going with the H11 4300k kit:

H11 4300k Xtreme Xenon HID Conversion Kit - The Xtreme HID Conversion kits utilize cutting edge HID components made with superior Japanese craftsmanship and quality.

Steve

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 08:59 PM

Hey Xenondepot,

I got an is250 with some old texon hid conversion kit. The passenger side low beam is out and the other is purple looking. I dont know if it originally was an hid oem cause the person I bought it from didnt know either. Im betting its halogen replaced with the texon kit. How could I tell for sure and what kit would I need? Thanks
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 09:43 AM
Lurker

Hi Charcoal250,

I would be my pleasure to help you out.

I'm going to bet that you probably have an HID kit installed. Please PM me with your phone number though and I will give you a call to discuss. It is probably easier to do so over the phone as opposed to PM on the board.

Steve
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 09:59 PM

Does anyone have pics of the Non-HID projector with XenonDepot's kit? How bad are the glare compare to OEM HID? Side by side comparison would be great.

I just picked up a 06 IS350, looking to get some HIDs to match the rest of the car.

TIA.
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 01:19 AM
Geezer

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

You don't get excessive glare with projectors. Glare happens when you use projector bulbs in a reflector headlight setup.

MOLON LABE
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-10-2015, 06:00 PM

Am lost I got a is250 08 and I want to change the daylight running bulbs and the fog lights to match the low beam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 2nd-Gen IS250/IS350 > Showroom

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page