Lexus IS Forum banner

Help: Lexus is350 headlights

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Knightshade 
#1 ·
so my night time lights flickered out and tomorrow im hoping i can go and change it. I was wondering what size replacement bulb do I need and what xxxxK do i need........ dont know much about cars, and was also wondering about the daytime running lights (the yellow on the inside of the HID's), what xxxxK bulb do I need to replace those, I want them to match the outer ones.... thanks guys! i tried to use the search bar btw..:suspiciou

#2 ·
Are you sure you have HIDs? That'll determine the normal bulb you need... it's D4S if it's HIDs.

Your DRLs are your high beam bulb running at low power, they're never going to match the HIDs because they're a "normal" bulb running at low power. Some folks change these to LEDs to try and get the match closer, but you lose the ability to have useful high beams in that case. Personally I just had the dealer turn off the DRLs, they're useless anyway and I don't care for how they look.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.