2007 IS250 Headlight Trouble - Page 2 - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 08:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Same problem!

This has been going on for a year for me. I finally broke down and had the HID light on my driver side replaced when I got into a fender bender and scratched the old light. The new light still goes out and sometimes the passenger HID goes out. If I turn the lights on and off they come back on. SO whenever I am driving at night every 5 to 10 minutes I turn lights on and off, whala! They are back to working for another 5 to10 minutes, sometimes they just stay on. Only Hids go out and it is only one at a time, it has never been both sides at the sametime. Replacing HIDS gets expensive. I've seen a lot of people with this same problem. Has anyone had a solution for this yet or has the dealer said what is wrong?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-16-2016, 03:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Same problem

I have the same problem as most, except occasionally both bulbs and what appears to be the back bulbs too go out leaving my car completely dark, interior lights are sometimes included. A quick off/on of the light switch and the lights are back to normal, and like Joshp I will intermittently turn my lights off then back on so I can control the darkness. I love my Lexus, but feel very unsafe in it, as the lights could go dark and I cant respond quick enough or oncoming traffic will not see me around a curve. I took the car in a couple of years ago to my Lexus dealer and they told me the car battery was weak and causing the problem, shortly thereafter I did replace the battery, but that did not solve the problem. When I bring it to Lexus they only test it during the day. Still don't know what the problem is. I had the car in for the fuel pump recall and they recheck and said they could not reproduce the problem, I felt like they were telling me I was lying.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 2nd-Gen IS250/IS350 > Showroom

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page