LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-04-2015, 08:34 AM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Question Ready to pull the trigger on IS-F

Hello,
Ever since I sold my first gen IS300 back in 09 I've been dying to get back into an Lexus again, well good fortune has shined upon me and now I'm looking into getting a used IS-F. I know pretty much all the basics of this awesome vehicle, which makes it a no brainer for me to get one, but still need a little more info to narrow my search a bit .

My question to all you current owners and veteran IS-F guys/gals is what Year should I be aiming to get? I know I could never afford a brand new one, so I've been searching used ones. Which year has the best combination of luxury items, like touch screen navigation, full leather, high grade audio, nicer exterior body features, and performance, if Lexus actually changed anything in the way of suspension or engine, since it put the IS-F out.

Any and all info would be greatly appreciated, I want this car, and I want to get the best of the best so to speak.

Juan
In the Market for an IS-F
12 MazdaSpeed 3 (going away)
08 Platinum Graphite G35(Gone)
03 Onyx (SOLD)

No more IS for me but lurking cause this palce is fun...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-05-2015, 09:43 AM
Frequenter

Quoted: 46 Post(s)

Bro, buy an M3... I love my IS300 don't get me wrong. But if I still had money for an IS-F, I'd buy an M3. I've read countless reviews on the IS-F, I have even test driven the IS-F, it pales in comparison to the M3. It's the car Lexus tried to compete with, except there is no comparison. More power in the M3, you can make so much more power.. It's just a better car.. Unless you're looking to just have this car as a family ride and look good in.

Shit man, you could actually get a 335i, they're a little slower than the M3, cost a lot less, come twin turbo, and one simple $500 tune will give you more power than the M3. BMW realized that their 335 was more powerful than the V8 M3, so they dialed back the engine. A simple tune unleashes it.

2003 Millennium Silver IS300
2000 RSTi JDM EJ207 Swap
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-12-2015, 09:04 AM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Never been a fan of BMW's, to costly when it comes to service and maintenance, but mostly have never been a fan of the styling. The IS-F is what I see in my future, just want to make a little more educated decision before getting one, which nobody here seems to want to help me with I see, over 200 views and no one has any input beside get a BMW...

Juan
In the Market for an IS-F
12 MazdaSpeed 3 (going away)
08 Platinum Graphite G35(Gone)
03 Onyx (SOLD)

No more IS for me but lurking cause this palce is fun...

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-16-2015, 03:44 PM
My.is Captain Kangaroo

Location: With Jerry, Elaine, George, and Kramer at the Coffee Shop.
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

You and I are in the same boat. I lost my IS300 back in 2011 to total loss in an hit and run accident. I have had 5 various cars since then, including late model Mercedes and even some brand new cars. Nothing was as great as that car was in my opinion. The IS will always hold a special place in my heart!

I am too looking for an ISF. Fortunately for me I am in the car business, being a partner in for a small boutique high end exotic car dealer I've had several M3's, over the years in my inventory. They are great cars, but I am a much bigger fan of the F. Maybe I am partial to Lexus, but to be brutally honest... BMW's are a hunk of shit. Of course this is subjective, however the M3's seems more cramped, less comfortable ride, cheaper interior and an annoying noises that those cars make from the interior. For god sake it has its own damn ringtone if you don't put your seat belt on, or have a tire half a lb low of air.

I am personally a fan of the quality of the interior of the ISF, as well as the navigation and touch screen over BMW's I Drive. I also believe the F is a more fun car to drive, sounds better and has more low end power.

Those are my 2 cents from a guy who has been around many of them since the M3 and ISF came out in 2008.

From what I am looking at in my search, the '08's had a few minor issues such as water pumps, loose rear view mirrors (Think this is a Toyota issue, my BRZ had them problem with under 2,000 miles and it fell off twice) and I've heard of some issues of the cars pulling to the right I believe. Not sure if these were completely worked out for the 2009 model, but this is the year I am searching for. Anything newer is too much for me personally right now, as I am recovering from losing my Cayman and Z06 in a divorce.

My search consist of a low mileage '09. In Ultrasonic Blue

I have access to Lexus service history, on any Lexus that has been serviced by a Lexus dealer. If you find a car that looks like it may be a good fit for you, shoot me the vin and I'll gladly email you the service history on it.

Good luck on your search! Go for an ISF!!!

©2006 my.IS

'02 Lexus IS300 MSM 5AT LSD - RIP
'08 Chevy Silverado 4x4 LS2 Swap - SOLD
'13 Subaru BRZ Limited 6 Spd - SOLD
'11 Mercedes-Benz E350 Black - SOLD
'07 Porsche Cayman S 6spd - SOLD
'03 Corvette Z06 - FOR SALE
'09 Lexus ISF - NEXT :)

"I don't always drive cars, but when I do. I prefer the IS300. Stay in third gear my friends."
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-18-2015, 11:26 PM
Enthusiast

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

just got mine a few weeks ago. best decision i ever made

2005 IS300 MSM 5spd /JL and Eclipse custom sound system/5%tint/SRT/HKS/Mazzuri/PIAA

2008 ISF SFP... stock for now.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 09:49 AM

Garage
Buy an F. Will last longer then an M3. After about 60k the M3 is worthless. I have had some many friends go through them like hot cakes. Plus the F is rare. I dont like having the same thing everyone else has.

I bought mine a month ago and love it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 2nd-Gen IS250/IS350 > IS-F

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page