User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 03:55 AM
Immortal

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Interesting post above...

Anyways... there are four exits for the muffler system on the IS-F. These mufflers are positioned so that the exhaust will exit thru the tips in the bumper. Lexus couldn't rigidly connect the exhaust to the bumper because the exhaust moves around alot and would damage the rear bumper. They probably didn't want to have four muffler tips coming out of the bumper because of the movement the mufflers would have. This is both for visual impact and probably space tolerances as well.

I really don't think the whole exhaust tip thing is a big deal... many cars have decorative tips. What matters is that the actual exhaust system has four functioning exits. If anything... it can be seen as a positive that this is the only issue people can really hate on about this car.

I've just seen the car in person this weekend... and this supposed "Beluga Whale" hood bulge and "Ricer" side-vents that people see in pics really do not appear that way when you view the car in person. It really looks like a beefed up IS350. This is a great car!

I really wanna be a racecar driver... :-/

2001 IS300 MSM | EIBACH | BORLA | FIGS | VALEO | PIONEER | JOE Z | EAGLE F1 GS-D3 | LSD | STOPTECH | BILSTEIN | AFE POWER | POWERSLOT | 5000K | OZ ULTRALEGGERA | HARD RACE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 09:08 AM
Übercargeek

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crester View Post
I've just seen the car in person this weekend... and this supposed "Beluga Whale" hood bulge and "Ricer" side-vents that people see in pics really do not appear that way when you view the car in person. It really looks like a beefed up IS350. This is a great car!

Exactly! A couple of the people that, like you, saw the car in person for the first time this weekend (at Florida's Moroso IS F Performance Experience in this case) made that precise comment.

Industry Editor, Moderator, All-around Car Nut and the official my.IS Grandpa
"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."—Soren Kierkegaard
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 09:15 AM
Fiend

True, the ISF is beautiful in person. Yes the tips are not connected but neither are the tips in the LS either. Aw hell, as someone else pointed out on this forum, if we want to be picky, the Lamborghini Murcielago doesn't have a connected exhaust tip. But they're sexy!

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-02-2008, 10:19 PM

Games IS F Exhuast Tips

I assumed the exhaust tips were not connected as with everyone else I just accepted the rumors. So I decided to put them to the test myself after taking delivery, to see if I could feel any exhaust air coming thru them, and sure enough they almost melted my hand(metaphorically) when I placed them near. If those tips are not connected then my IS F must be playing mind games with me.

As with any car on a cold morning smoke dispenses out from the exhaust due to the warm vs.cold air ratio. It's not cheech and chong in my backseat, those exhaust tips are fully functional....very evident by the m3 owners sullen face behind me thinking "8spd?..416hp?....game over".

08 IS F Smoky Granite Mica
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 09:53 AM
Geezer

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

They got the first ISF in at Huntsville Lexus last week. A guy came in and looked at it, and said he was going to go drive a BMW M. A couple of hours later he came back and wrote a check for the ISF.

MOLON LABE
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 09:55 AM
Übercargeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartkat View Post
They got the first ISF in at Huntsville Lexus last week. A guy came in and looked at it, and said he was going to go drive a BMW M. A couple of hours later he came back and wrote a check for the ISF.
Nice!

Industry Editor, Moderator, All-around Car Nut and the official my.IS Grandpa
"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."—Soren Kierkegaard
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-03-2008, 09:57 AM
Geezer

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jruhi4 View Post
Nice!
It was Matador Red too. Would have been a nice stable mate for my 350.

MOLON LABE
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-21-2010, 06:19 PM
Deity

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calor View Post
We have created a site that is strictly devoted to the Lexus F cars!

Check it out at: Lexus F Forums

Cheers!
Site down?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 2nd-Gen IS250/IS350 > IS-F

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page