I found my IS-F, thx for your advice, more pics starting on page 4! :) - Lexus IS Forum
View Poll Results: Should IS-F-I-HOPE buy this car, despite the bumper holes?
Yes, great price and you can just deal with the small holes, even if you don't fix them? 61 89.71%
No, even if it's a great price, that bumper is scarred for life! 7 10.29%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 114 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 11:38 PM Thread Starter
Deity

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I found my IS-F, thx for your advice, more pics starting on page 4! :)

All,
I've been teetering between Obsidian and SGM. Well I found this SGM and got them down to a fair price, considering the car has 3900 miles on it. However, take a look at the pics. The car has the front license plate bracket, not required in my state. I very much dislike the look of a front plate and it'll be another 600 bucks to remove the plate and fill it and paint. Plus there are no guarantees paint would match. Deal-breaker? Should I keep looking? Or take the good price and enjoy the car?

Thanks!

Last edited by IS-F-I-Found; 05-19-2009 at 01:32 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 114 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 11:45 PM
Extremist

Quoted: 14 Post(s)

pure sex.

what's another $600 if you're gonna buy an F? another thing you can do is just get bumper plugs (from bumperplugs.com) that is color matched.

any pics of the Obsidian? how much is that one?

©2006 my.IS
RIP JMS #22
DO WORK
GOT SEAWEED?
SWTEA Soulja
post #3 of 114 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 12:01 AM
mtn
Aficionado

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

do it. Can you get a new bumper for around $600?

RIP My Black Onyx 2005

post #4 of 114 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 12:06 AM Thread Starter
Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by markeezy View Post
pure sex.

what's another $600 if you're gonna buy an F? another thing you can do is just get bumper plugs (from bumperplugs.com) that is color matched.

any pics of the Obsidian? how much is that one?
You like the color!?
Not as much the 600 bucks as much as it'd be if spending the 600 bucks to repaint wouldn't match. But I could probably just live with the bumper plugs, if it works. Thx for the link!
post #5 of 114 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 12:19 AM
Lurker

Sounds like a good price. I'm getting a USB/Alpine demo loaded to the brim for $50k even. Sticker was $62.3k. Mileage is 2600 miles. Luckily for me, no front plate. I told them to put the bracket in the trunk in case I need it haha. Get the bumper plugs!
post #6 of 114 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 01:18 AM Thread Starter
Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJandMJsMatrix View Post
Sounds like a good price. I'm getting a USB/Alpine demo loaded to the brim for $50k even. Sticker was $62.3k. Mileage is 2600 miles. Luckily for me, no front plate. I told them to put the bracket in the trunk in case I need it haha. Get the bumper plugs!
Wow, that sounds great too! Buying from the dealer?
post #7 of 114 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 01:22 AM
Lurker

Yes, from a site sponsor of another F forum. :D
post #8 of 114 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 01:46 AM
Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS-F-I-HOPE View Post
You like the color!?
Not as much the 600 bucks as much as it'd be if spending the 600 bucks to repaint wouldn't match. But I could probably just live with the bumper plugs, if it works. Thx for the link!
yeah i like the color a lot. reminds me of the GGP. i still would like a white IS-F more, but the SGM would be my 2nd choice.

i think the bumper plugs should work, if not, i think they're only $25. might as well give them a try first, rather than shelling out $600 to cover up and repaint the holes.

©2006 my.IS
RIP JMS #22
DO WORK
GOT SEAWEED?
SWTEA Soulja
post #9 of 114 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 01:48 AM Thread Starter
Deity

Quote:
yeah i like the color a lot. reminds me of the GGP. i still would like a white IS-F more, but the SGM would be my 2nd choice.

i think the bumper plugs should work, if not, i think they're only $25. might as well give them a try first, rather than shelling out $600 to cover up and repaint the holes.
If you could have this car for this price and the bumper situation, or the white one, (or your first color choice) brand new with no miles for 5-grand more, which would you go with? That's my predicament, there's a black on black out there for 50k, 10 miles on it!
post #10 of 114 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 01:57 AM
Extremist

Quote:
If you could have this car for this price and the bumper situation, or the white one, (or your first color choice) brand new with no miles for 5-grand more, which would you go with? That's my predicament, there's a black on black out there for 50k, 10 miles on it!
ahh i see.

even though i have a black car, i wish i didn't have one. it reveals a lot of scratches in the sunlight, and it gets dirty really quickly. that's probably the only reason why i wouldn't get the black one.

if i were in your situation, it would be a tough decision between the SGM and the white one.

assuming you meant that the white was is $5k more than the SGM, so $50k? if that is the case, considering the fact that you were already contemplating on getting the black one for the same price as the white one, i'd probably get the white one. since it's totally brand new, no miles, and i think white is the nicest color for the IS-F and my favorite. but that's just me. i dunno if you're willing to pay $5k more for color.

but if you meant $5k more than the black one ($55k), i'd go SGM all the way. unless you can talk them down on the white one.

EDIT* okay i misread the mileage on the black on black. i thought you said 10k. i need to sleep. lol

©2006 my.IS
RIP JMS #22
DO WORK
GOT SEAWEED?
SWTEA Soulja

Last edited by markeezy; 01-30-2009 at 02:06 AM.
post #11 of 114 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 02:00 AM Thread Starter
Deity

Quote:
ahh i see.

i definitely wouldn't get the black on black one, since it's more expensive and has more mileage (even though it doesn't have the bumper holes).

if i were in your situation, it would be a tough decision between the SGM and the white one.

assuming you meant that the white was is $5k more than the SGM, so $50k? if that is the case, considering the fact that you were already contemplating on getting the black one for the same price as the white one, i'd get the white one for sure. since it's totally brand new, no miles, and i think white is the nicest color for the IS-F.

but if you meant $5k more than the black one ($55k), i'd go SGM all the way. unless you can talk them down on the white one.

Ahahaha, I think I've now confused myself.
Nah, the deal is good on this one used with 4k miles (SGM is my 2nd color choice)
OR there is a black/black (my FIRST color choice) with just 10 miles on it, for $50-grand. I'm sure some here have amassed a great amount of cash, but to me, 5 grand is a huge chunk. I find myself talking myself into the SGM as a pretty good alternative, to save the cash.

So was just curious, if you prefer the white as your first color, but it cost you 5-grand more, would you go that route?

Last edited by IS-F-I-Found; 05-19-2009 at 01:34 AM.
post #12 of 114 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 02:35 AM
Extremist

Quote:
Ahahaha, I think I've now confused myself.
Nah, the deal is 45 on this one used with 4k miles (SGM is my 2nd color choice)
OR there is a black/black (my FIRST color choice) with just 10 miles on it, for $50-grand. I'm sure some here have amassed a great amount of cash, but to me, 5 grand is a huge chunk. I find myself talking myself into the SGM as a pretty good alternative, to save the cash.

So was just curious, if you prefer the white as your first color, but it cost you 5-grand more, would you go that route?
haha i totally messed up, i misread the black on black's mileage. i thought you said 10k miles for some reason.

but don't get me wrong, $5000 is a grip of money to me also. and i think the SGM is a AWESOME alternative choice (it would be my 2nd choice also). and you're getting an great deal on it.

i'm not gonna say if i WOULD pay the extra $5k for my first color choice, since i'm not in the same boat, but i'llt ell you this, everytime i see a white IS300, i get mad at myself for not getting one.

it's up to you whether you want get the alternative SGM (still awesome) to save some cash, or just get the black one so you're totally satisfied and wouldn't have to worry about regretting not getting the one you really wanted.

ahh enough of me. don't want to brainwash you lol. i'll let some others chime in.

but GL on your search bro. and whatever you do, you're still gonna have an IS-F

©2006 my.IS
RIP JMS #22
DO WORK
GOT SEAWEED?
SWTEA Soulja
post #13 of 114 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 02:37 AM Thread Starter
Deity

Quote:
haha i totally messed up, i misread the black on black's mileage. i thought you said 10k miles for some reason.

but don't get me wrong, $5000 is a grip of money to me also. and i think the SGM is a AWESOME alternative choice (it would be my 2nd choice also). and you're getting an great deal on it.

i'm not gonna say if i WOULD pay the extra $5k for my first color choice, since i'm not in the same boat, but i'llt ell you this, everytime i see a white IS300, i get mad at myself for not getting one.

it's up to you whether you want get the alternative SGM (still awesome) to save some cash, or just get the black one so you're totally satisfied and wouldn't have to worry about regretting not getting the one you really wanted.

ahh enough of me. don't want to brainwash you lol. i'll let some others chime in.

but GL on your search bro. and whatever you do, you're still gonna have an IS-F
Well said! Thx a bunch.
Now to throw a wrench in the equation, I'm gonna go drive a Z, just to see what it's about!
post #14 of 114 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 04:42 AM
Extremist

If I were you, I think I will take this $45k IS F and use the extra $5k to mod it.

Bumper plug will fix the license plate mounting issue.

2002 IBP QUALITAT IS300 18 - BBS LM / 19 - TE37 (She will be miss!)

JDM Concept

1992 Mazda Miata *Stock with Hardtop* SOLD!
1993 Mazda Miata *Modded & Stripped*
post #15 of 114 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 07:11 AM
Frequenter

Get the plugs But, who quoted you $600 to patch the repaint the bumper It has been my experience that you can get it done for a little less than that. Some one backed into my last car, a G35 Coupe, and I had the bumper cover replaced. The costs for refinishing and painting the bumper cover were around $400.00. My wife had an incident on her car with the bumper cover that required some repair and a repaint, her costs were around $500.00. Both repairs were done at a good body shop, not the dealer.

BTW, IMHO, you are getting an excellent deal. I paid $7K more for mine last month It's a hellofacar

Lou
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 2nd-Gen IS250/IS350 > IS-F

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page