Lexus IS Forum banner

"Stuck on acc" urgent help

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  blackbeauty7123 
#1 ·
Ive came across a few threads but before for a spend thousands on a stealership fix I wanted to know If there is any success stories out there I really need some help here this issue is a tough one. Advice aprricaited
ignition is stuck on acc my steering wheel is not locked, my security light is flashing. I lock my doors and they immidiatly unlock. I press the lock button on remote and it flashes but nothing happenes, all other buttons function correctly. HUGE HEADACHE! 01 is300:confused:

#2 ·
It sounds like you have an issue with your ignition cylinder tumblers. You may have seen the TSB for it.('01 models only). Have you tried to gently jostle the key while turning?

EL005-03 MAY 03 Ignition - Unable to Turn Key in Ignition Cylinder

Please take a look at this similar thread.
http://my.is/forums/f115/urgently-need-advice-key-wont-turn-ignition-stiff-416439/

Also, see the last post in this thread for some tips, which may help.
http://my.is/forums/f87/ignition-lock-stuck-help-358409/

#4 ·
Glad to hear you got it, but unfortunately I wouldn't get your hopes up. I would keep an eye on how it acts, try using another key. There is the possibility it will get worse over time, just like a good number of '01s. Should buy you enough time to look around and price a new cylinder and key set, should you have to replace it.

#6 ·
Had this happen to me on my 2001. I stuck the key in and out rapidly with pressure and the tumblers finally fell back in place. I don't think I've seen this on any of the other forums but here are the part numbers for those mechanically inclined to switch the cylinders themselves. There are two ways to go when you have "ACC Stuck".

Option 1) ONLY IF YOU DON'T MIND CARRYING AN ADDITIONAL KEY ON YOU!!

This is for the cylinder only and it comes with two cut keys with fob shells (*Minus Module Electronics*) (You take your transponders out of your current master keys and put them inside of your new ones). You will still need to keep a original key on you since your new cut keys will NOT* be able to lock/unlock your glove box, trunk, and doors.

Part Number: 89073-53220

Option 2) (Cylinder Set) Includes the same above with the addition of new cylinders for your glove box, trunk and driver side door. This option is "Recommended" by lexus for customer satisfaction.

Part Number: 89073-53230

If you are mechanically inclined to install this yourself you can get away without paying over $1000 for the stealership to switch out all your locks. There are plenty of tutorials here on the forums that have instructions how to do this. Lexuspartsnow.com has the cylinder by itself (option 1) for $150.00 and the cylinder set (option 2) for $527.00. Just thought i'd pass along the info in case anyone needs this in the future. Good Luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.