Lexus IS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

please refer to the new thread for CA2k8

20K views 371 replies 64 participants last post by  mycalr 
#1 · (Edited)
yeah its different. who says IS meets have to be regional why not state-wide???

communication is a must. i wanna make mike0187 the north organizer.

who wants to be the SD organizer?

lets get this started. i guess we are planning this for MARCH 29. anyone have a different month they want it to occur in?

again communication is a MUST! the IS community is stronger then ever right now. lets represent the WEST COAST!!!

CHIME IN

To Do List
[ ]Set up a final date
[ ]Set up final location
[ ]Set up activities
[ ]Set up carvans

*update 11/13
how about we can almost make this a competition. the more people you have from your region. the less you have to drive

**update 11/14
discussion begins about the date. lots of interest which is good

***update 11/16
seems like the date of 3/22/08 is fine w/ everyone. lets talk about location. san luis obispo? bakersfield? give me some feedback ppl!

****update 12/9
i have got 20 out of 37 ppl's email. i will be sending an email later on this week. good list so far. i hope everyone is looking forward to this event. BUMP!!!

*****update 12/21
first newsletter sent out

*****update 1/13
second newsletter sent out

******update 1/23
third newsletter sent out

INTEREST LIST
North
1. this1b0y (club lexus)
2. mike0187 (my.is)
3. mycalr (my.is)
4. cneeley (my.is)
5. oj2000 (my.is)
6. is_300guy (my.is)
7. vroomRollLEX (my.is)
8. PREngineering (my.is)
9. RPS_LEX (my.is)
10. ISinCP (my.is)
11. gr8dane (my.is)
12. deejaysyke (my.is / club lexus)
13. WatanabeStevenC (my.is)
14. thiscrazypinoy (my.is)

South
1. ALtEZZA_mANiAC (ISfanatics)
2. Dannknee (ISfanatics)
3. IS300NA-T (ISfanatics)
4. epileptic (ISfanatics)
5. Sangchoii (ISfanatics)
6. 2002REDIS300 (my.is)
7. djmatrix (my.is)
8. andynguyenn (my.is)
9. stertan (my.is)
10. SoCAlISLex (my.is)
11. XRflip05 (my.is)
12. Mr.Is300 (ISfanatics)
13. Vossont (my.is)
14. Extraslik (my.is)
15. Big G (my.is)
16. itz_jOw3 (TWCompetition)
17. r1racer_619 (my.is)
18. aZieNboyTiMMy (my.is)
19. SPIS300 (my.is)
20. zet (my.is)
21. ucdvwchan (JDM Concept)
22. kev is300 (JDM Concept)
23. nigel (JDM Concept)
24. charcoal is3 (my.is)
25. francisco (my.is)

TOTAL: 39

i've only got emails from 20 ppl. i will be pm'ing you guys w/ my email. so YOU BETTER EMAIL ME!!!

See less See more
#168 ·
I'll try and be there. Monterey is a kick ass location...I agree. Remember, I have an extra 2 hour drive from Reno, NV. I've been to Monterey and Pebble Beach and it would make for very nice pics. Add me to the Nor Cal list...PEACE:cool:

#170 ·
altezzzamaniac ill be there for sure! put me on the list for socal

#174 ·
uhhh wait a min...

This meets not in so cal area ?? lolz

I must've misread this thread puhahaha

Monterey ?!?! omg... i donno

Put me down as maybe, if not i'll roll with my TEAM TAXI driver aka aLteZzA_MaNIaC lolz

#178 ·
I thought we were trying to meet somewhere in the middle....not only in SoCal. I'm in Reno as well as a few others that want to go here in Reno. If it's in SoCal, your talking an 8 hour drive for us.....I'm not sure if I could make it. Monterey/Pebble Beach/Carmel/Laguna Seca is like 5 hours for us and less than that for you guys. That's more in the middle....."but that's just my opinion"....PEACE :confused:

#179 ·
San Luis Obispo, seems to be the closest to the middle of Cali, and it's semi close to the cost and other stuff. So i would think that would be the best place to go. The only thing with that would be most of use would want to find a place to crash for the night instead of driving the 3+ hours home. So we could make it a weekend deal instead of only Saturday. Like whoever crashes for the night in the area we can all meet up for Breakfast and a quick little meet before heading home... I don't know just my opinion...

Hey Mike i can try to organize the SD peeps if you don't have any one yet...

#185 ·
yea man. I've put 3 different calls in the courtyard marriot in SLO for a group sales quote. I will call again today but the bitch never calls me back! so within the week I think ill have a quote. the infos on page 4 where says Security update

the only reason bakersfield was on the list was because that was the first location mike had brought up. when I think bakersfield I think barstow lol

#183 ·
Monterey or Bakersfield. Either works for me but it might be a sticking point for some of the guys from the south but also for some of the guys who may want to come from even further north like timbo for example. If timbo could get another 6-10 is's who'd be willing to drive to monterey then that may be the better place to go.

#186 ·
Monterey or SLO sounds good to me. There's 5 other IS's up here that I'll try and get to go. Let me know when we have a definate place....I'm pretty much down either way....:cool:

#187 ·
WWUTTT RR YOU GUYS TALKIN ABOUT ?!?!

Bakersfield is the shizz !!

I'm originally from there, plus my parents still live there !!

Bakersfield = BEST PLACE EVER (according to all my so cal friends etc.)

Bakersfield + Vegas = 2 FASTEST GROWING CITIES IN THE WORLD !!

#188 ·
Haha nothing against Bakersfield but...when I use that logic...

I go to UCR. Fastest growing UC in the system. It does not make it a good choice. :)

#189 ·
I'm from Lake Isabella, so I know all about Bakersfield. It's not as bad as you think. Not everyone wears a cowboy hat.

#192 ·
I vote SLO, and count me in as a maybe for now.

#193 ·
SLO seems to have the most interest. Also if we could get cl involved in this I think the turnout will be a lot better.

#194 ·
I've been trying but I.am a newbie over there and having a little bit of a hard time being taken seriously

#200 ·
***Hotel Update***

So someone finally called me back from the courtyard by marriot, and it wasnt the girl i spoke with the first time. she told me that we could get a rate of $199.00 for saturday night, the regular price would be $249.99. hotels.com has the same hotel listed for around 189.99 but in order to book all the rooms the total bill of all our rooms would have to be paid by feb. 24 but if we actually go through the marriot we would just have to come up with a deposit and than we could pay for the rooms cash when we get there. i will also put some calls into the hotels in pismo beach because its so close to SLO

the madonna inn only has about 100 rooms. we currently have 40+ people on the list and thats not including who else might come from CL. so if 30+ ppl book a room thats pretty much a third of all their rooms. so i doubt they would want to give us a special deal or for that matter even be able to give up that many rooms.

So basically we are tentative on March 29th 2008 in san luis obispo. unless anyone has a problem with that.

#201 ·
We need to pin down a date. Can we just call it March 29th. If there's any issues with 3/29 then let's get them voiced by Jan. 24th, that'll give people a two month notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.