CA > West Coast - Services Referral Thread - Page 18 - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #256 of 263 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 12:44 AM
Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

What do u mean nobody available for service in the IE. You still hav never come over to, y place

YOU DONT DRIVE A PIECE OF JUNK SO DONT FIX IT LIKE ONE.

IF YOUR NOT GONNA DO THE JOB RIGHT THE FIRST TIME, YOU SHOULDNT BE DOING IT AT ALL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #257 of 263 (permalink) Old 04-30-2012, 07:28 PM
jLj
Lurker

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Any shops in the OC area that would inspect my car and have good prices? Recently "totaled" my is300 and the place that I took it to the first time quoted it close to 7k for everything.

2001 IJM is300
post #258 of 263 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 12:32 AM

I'm in Santa Monica. Just picked up an '02 that has about $2k worth of work that needs to be done on the drivers side corner. Previous owner hit a dog then curbed the car. The car pulls HARD right. Also a chunk of the bumpers missing and the fog light. Looking for a shop that does good alignment and body work that i can maybe leave the car with and have them do it on the cheap for cash (or something) to keep costs low.

post #259 of 263 (permalink) Old 10-11-2012, 10:56 AM

I would recommend...

Benson Auto Body
15032 Jackson St
Midway City, CA 92655
(714) 379-7243
I had my rear bumper repainted and it looks ALMOST like factory. Paint is a little thick but it looks great! Their turn around time is not great but their prices are reasonable.

Tin Locksmith
10886 Westminster Ave
Garden Grove, CA 92843
(714) 534-6831
Don't be fooled by is little hut. This dude can copy any key you bring him and he'll do it for cheap. Best locksmith in town. I've been going to this guy for years.

R1 Concepts
520 E Jamie Ave
La Habra, CA 90631
(888) 712-6623
Disc Brake Rotors & Pads | R1Concepts.com
They don't do any installs but they sell great brake products. Picked up drilled and slotted rotors from them and the quality of the rotors are great for the price.

Rene's New and Used Tires
8249 Bolsa Ave
Midway City, CA 92655
(714) 892-2093
Best prices on tires hands down. They do a very thorough job and most problems they'll fix without any hassle.

Audio, Alarm, Navigation and basically anything electronics.
Ask for Johnny (714)276-7394
This is kind of ghetto but I've been going to this dude for years. He use to work at a shop but now he just does mobile work. Most of the time he will come to you if you're in the OC area. You got to speak a little Vietnamese to understand this guy. ALMOST anything electronics this guy will take on. If it's something new you got to bare with him but I've never seen him give up on the job. His prices are unbeatable.

Most of these places you can tell them Anthony sent you. I've gone to some more than others but for the most part they know who I am.

I would NOT recommend...

Econo Tire
8555 Katella Ave
Stanton, CA 90680
(714) 828-2351
COMPLETE rip off they'll try to cheat you at any cost. The Vietnamese guys there will scam the crap out of you (keep in mind I am Viet). The Mexican guys will give you a straight and honest answer. I had my rims mounted and balanced here and they told me that my tire is really bad and that it will shake on the freeway no matter what I do. One of the Mexican guys there came up to me and told me just to install the hub centric ring and the problem will go away. I told the Vietnamese guy to do that and he straight out told me "it's not gonna work it will still shake like crazy" I told him it's fine I'd rather spend 20 dollars then spend 500 on tires. After everything was said and done I immediately took the car on the freeway and guess what no vibration! I love my Vietnamese brethren but the guy that works there is a complete jackass.

Purrrfect Auto Service
7421 Westminster Blvd
Westminster, CA 92683
(714) 899-0166
This Purrfect auto gives all the rest of them a horrible name. The guys there are complete assholes. I went there about a year ago and I have never been back since. They slammed my hood down about 10 times extremely hard. I mean after the first 2-3 times you don't figure in that idiotic head of yours "hey maybe I should stop doing this shit and see what the problem is?" NOPE he kept slamming the hood. I know what you're thinking "why would you let this guy slam your hood so many times?" I was sitting in the waiting room and I kept hearing this bang over and over. I looked around and saw that there were no other customers and I was like OH SHIT! That's my car. I ran outside and see this guy just repeatedly slamming my hood down. I stopped him and closed the hood myself. I brought the manager out and told him that if there's anything wrong with the radiator or anything near the hood I'll be seeing you again. The manager was as stupid as the mechanic. The manager told me "It's not our fault the radiator has nothing to do with the hood being slammed". A couple days later smoke started coming out of my car. Guess what the plastic on top of my radiator was cracked. I was furious but I didn't want to deal with those assholes so I just had the radiator replaced.

Last edited by oc_is300; 10-11-2012 at 11:15 AM.
post #260 of 263 (permalink) Old 08-03-2013, 01:32 PM
Enthusiast

Does anyone know a place that specializes in air conditioning repair?
post #261 of 263 (permalink) Old 08-29-2013, 11:13 AM

Fender Rolling in SoCal
Tony the Fender Roller in Granada Hills
over 15 years experience, just Google the phone number
for thousands of pics and great feedback.

818 368 4395

Fender Rolling, Pulling or Shaving in SoCal, thats what i do, hit me up if you need help.
post #262 of 263 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 04:03 PM
Loyalist

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Any recommendations on tire shops with great prices in the 626 area? Would highly appreciate it!

2002 Graphite Grey Pearl Under Contruction Since 2006 LOL
post #263 of 263 (permalink) Old 10-03-2013, 04:02 AM
Lurker

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Anyone have a suggestion for the lighting on the climate control dash. Mine has been out since I bought it, looks like the previous owner tried to pry it off with a screwdriver cause theres marks all over. Anyway, anyone know of any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Regional Forums / All Together Now > California

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page