LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-24-2014, 05:38 AM
Aficionado

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdiego06 View Post
Are you running on stock ecu and fuel pump?
no stock fuel pump I got a DW200 from TokenSolutions and also 420 cc injectors and aftermarket fuel regulator

BC 264 Cams / Titan cam gear /AAC Halos /TRD lip kit /Megan camber kit /FIGS rear lower arms/ Fortune coil overs/ fog mod/ joe-z intake/ 19" PIAA SUPER ROZZAS/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-29-2014, 02:37 PM
Lurker

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSportD View Post
I tuned that car, that kit, with an EMU, 330cc injectors, walbro 255lph. I have to say, it ran strong, fuel trims and air fuels pretty solid. His 330cc ran out of steam, hit 100% duty cycle during the tune. Wastegate spring was 8psi, but we say boost creep (or spikes) into 10psi, so maybe the wastegate needs some refinement, or its the spring.

Typically, the BOV placement where it is at, causing major MAF metering issues, but the CXracing BOV kept things in check, but one should note when changing to another brand name BOV, it will be cracked open in low load/vacuum and will most likely need to be moved further upstream to avoid low load tuning issues.

The kit as-is, ran strong, surprisingly strong. I run 9psi OE compression and this test car was running 8psi and I was super surprised, it was fast, smooth and hauling ass. Had some break-up that IMO is due to the OE spark plugs at over .045 gap. Get some colder .035 plugs and your good to go.

the TS EMU PNP harness addressed the o2 sensor configuration, tuned in some safeties with the EMU IAT and coolant temp maps, timing map and calibrated the MAF clamp. Once he upgrades the injectors, he has the head room to make more power with upgrades like internals.
Blacksport, how much power did it made? Is it a M/T or eshift?

I plan on running 7psi on a comp ct4-6065, which is closer to the gt30 though
Do you have any fitment issue with the IC and exhaust/downpipe kit?
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-29-2014, 06:51 PM
Guru

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)

It was not on a dyno, but street tuning. It felt strong, surprised at his OE clutch (M/T).

Fitment? You mean his setup? I did not install it but it is supposed to be pretty bolt on. Looks like the typical hole needs to be drilled for the charge piping behind the passenger light, thats about it. Me personally, I'd move the BOV to behind the passenger fog light so I can change brands if I want to (other brand BOVs might be cracked upon in vacuum and cause a MAF metering issue with how they have it placed) and recirc the wastegate. But thats just me.

TokenSolutions is moving to an in-house forum and facebook. Google TokenSolutions forumer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Regional Forums / All Together Now > California

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page