2 men killed in RPV - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
Aficionado
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Pico Rivera, (562 & 310 Area) L.A. & Orange County SoCaL
Posts: 747
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
2 men killed in RPV

i know this is a bit late news but i worked with the passenger that died in the crash and his brother also works with me and he showed me the picture of the car. his best friend had the IS300. i know the driver was driving stupid, but i would like to say first that no matter what he lost his life also and i wouldnt like for anyone to talk crap about him cause both familes are in pain right now. heres a news report i found on the internet. For the people that like to think their cars handle like BMW's they dont and please do not drive crazy on public roads. take it to the track and keep it safe.



By Larry Altman Staff Writer
Article Launched: 12/17/2007 10:54:47 AM PST


A driver and his male passenger were killed and two people in another car were injured in a collision in Rancho Palos Verdes, deputies said today.

A half-full broken bottle of hard liquor was found in the men's car, but it was unknown if it had been partially consumed or just shattered in the crash, sheriff's traffic Investigator Ray Souza said.

The crash occurred as the men traveled together at 10 p.m Friday in the 4100 block of Palos Verdes Drive South.

Souza said the Lexus was headed west near Schooner Drive when the car went off the roadway onto the dirt shoulder.

The driver overcorrected, sending the car back onto the pavement, but causing it to skid sideways. It slid into the eastbound lanes and was broadsided on its passenger side by a Chevrolet Tahoe, Souza said.

Both men were dead at the scene.

The Tahoe contained five occupants, but no one was seriously injured. The male driver complained of pain in his arm. His female passenger, who is 4 months pregnant, complained of pain to her head, leg and stomach. She was taken to a hospital for treatment.

The dead men's names were not immediately released pending notification of relatives. An autopsy will determine if the driver was intoxicated, Souza said.


2002 IS300 MSM

L-Tuned | Carson Tuned | HKS | Apex'i | Alphawerks | K&N | LMS | PLP | Tein | JIC | TRD |Teck
rob0ne is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 02:26 PM
Extremist
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 서울, 대한민국 SoCal (310)<--->(626)
Posts: 5,613
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
           
woww.... .uhhhh don't know what to say.

its a curvy road over there i know that for sure.

can you keep us updated. want to know more about the story

-MikE
R.I.P. Alex & JR

2004 IIP IS300 "Stock"
2005 Mercedes Benz E55 AMG "The Mountain Mover" **Sold**
2007 GPW Honda S2000 **Sold**
2006 BB Honda S2000 "SCCA Build"

Midnight Modify
ALtEZZA_mANiAC is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 07:35 PM
Fiend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NorCal
Posts: 476
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
horrible...so much deaths lately...
igorski_89 is offline  
 
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-31-2007, 02:24 PM
Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Torrance LA, Camp Patriot Kuwait
Posts: 6,782
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
           
That is very sad to hear, PV is close to me.

In their defense (if the witnesses cannot say otherwise), I have spun out in PV roads before, and also have friends of mine, DRIVING normally.

It is an elevated area, and gets foggy and damp when the valley isn't. The only time I've ever spun out there was at normal speed and hitting a dirty/wet patch of gravel in the middle of the road. My friend in the same spot had the same thing happen.

In a spot closer to the base of PV another friend's IS also spun out, and was not pushing it. The roads get dirty and damp, are twisty and change surface shape, in a modified car with a less compromising suspension, it can go from cruising to loosing control all too easy.

Either way, racing/having fun or not, its very sad, and too far a consequence for a mistake we ALL make at least one time in our life (driving faster than the posted limit). It is saddening to hear.

B.

TokenSolutions is moving to an in-house forum and facebook. Google TokenSolutions forumer.
BlackSportD is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 09:45 AM
Loyalist
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Lost Angles CA
Posts: 1,893
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Ive never spun out here, then again Ive lived here 18 years an know the roads pretty well. know what to do an what not to do where...

Feel horrible about this, kinda old
ChasenTeinIS03 is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 10:49 AM
Loyalist
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: SGV
Posts: 1,883
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSportD View Post
That is very sad to hear, PV is close to me.

In their defense (if the witnesses cannot say otherwise), I have spun out in PV roads before, and also have friends of mine, DRIVING normally.

It is an elevated area, and gets foggy and damp when the valley isn't. The only time I've ever spun out there was at normal speed and hitting a dirty/wet patch of gravel in the middle of the road. My friend in the same spot had the same thing happen.

In a spot closer to the base of PV another friend's IS also spun out, and was not pushing it. The roads get dirty and damp, are twisty and change surface shape, in a modified car with a less compromising suspension, it can go from cruising to loosing control all too easy.

Either way, racing/having fun or not, its very sad, and too far a consequence for a mistake we ALL make at least one time in our life (driving faster than the posted limit). It is saddening to hear.

B.
you guys should voice any traffic safety concerns to the local City hall engineering department and they should review all safety factors pertain to that stretch of roadway....we commonly assume the roadways are always safe, but many factors such as obstructions, missing signage, worn pavement markings and weather conditions frequently change in real life....hopefully someone local would be considerate enough to bring that up to the City so that future incidents can be avoid...

2004 Black Onyx 5-spd TRD IS300 (Sold)

JDM Concept
ucdvwchan is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 12:04 PM
Extremist
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 서울, 대한민국 SoCal (310)<--->(626)
Posts: 5,613
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucdvwchan View Post
you guys should voice any traffic safety concerns to the local City hall engineering department and they should review all safety factors pertain to that stretch of roadway....we commonly assume the roadways are always safe, but many factors such as obstructions, missing signage, worn pavement markings and weather conditions frequently change in real life....hopefully someone local would be considerate enough to bring that up to the City so that future incidents can be avoid...
as to the pavement in this section. its a landslide area so its constantly bad no matter how often they repave it.

but i understand what you mean

-MikE
R.I.P. Alex & JR

2004 IIP IS300 "Stock"
2005 Mercedes Benz E55 AMG "The Mountain Mover" **Sold**
2007 GPW Honda S2000 **Sold**
2006 BB Honda S2000 "SCCA Build"

Midnight Modify
ALtEZZA_mANiAC is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 12:27 PM
Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Torrance LA, Camp Patriot Kuwait
Posts: 6,782
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALtEZZA_mANiAC View Post
as to the pavement in this section. its a landslide area so its constantly bad no matter how often they repave it.

but i understand what you mean
I feel you ucdvwchan, but like Mike says, its a constantly changing place. Portuguese Bend has probably been repaved at least two times a year haha.

And I'm sure the rich peeps there let city hall have it all the time when something is just the slightest off.

TokenSolutions is moving to an in-house forum and facebook. Google TokenSolutions forumer.
BlackSportD is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 12:35 PM
Loyalist
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Lost Angles CA
Posts: 1,893
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSportD View Post
I feel you ucdvwchan, but like Mike says, its a constantly changing place. Portuguese Bend has probably been repaved at least two times a year haha.

And I'm sure the rich peeps there let city hall have it all the time when something is just the slightest off.
That road is horrible, but in all fairness It clearly states with signs about the roads condition. I literally cant do more than 30mph there or else my car feels like a roller coaster from hell. I literally drive around the hill an extra 10min drive just to avoid the road.

If you've never been to Knots an want to know what Ghostrider is like drive fast there, jk of course just putting it into context.
ChasenTeinIS03 is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 12:55 PM
Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Torrance LA, Camp Patriot Kuwait
Posts: 6,782
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
           
^^ Yeah, after I got coil overs, that road is a no-no. Its the ager of chassis and destroyer of struts haha.

TokenSolutions is moving to an in-house forum and facebook. Google TokenSolutions forumer.
BlackSportD is offline  
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 04:33 PM
Extremist
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 서울, 대한민국 SoCal (310)<--->(626)
Posts: 5,613
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasenTeinIS03 View Post
That road is horrible, but in all fairness It clearly states with signs about the roads condition. I literally cant do more than 30mph there or else my car feels like a roller coaster from hell. I literally drive around the hill an extra 10min drive just to avoid the road.

If you've never been to Knots an want to know what Ghostrider is like drive fast there, jk of course just putting it into context.
be careful with your new rims over there. you will bend your rims over there.
speaking from personal experience, but it was on the freeway

-MikE
R.I.P. Alex & JR

2004 IIP IS300 "Stock"
2005 Mercedes Benz E55 AMG "The Mountain Mover" **Sold**
2007 GPW Honda S2000 **Sold**
2006 BB Honda S2000 "SCCA Build"

Midnight Modify
ALtEZZA_mANiAC is offline  
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 05:44 PM
Loyalist
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Lost Angles CA
Posts: 1,893
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALtEZZA_mANiAC View Post
be careful with your new rims over there. you will bend your rims over there.
speaking from personal experience, but it was on the freeway
Thanks, yea theres no way in hell im taking them over that road, I finally got some coil overs too now so its just a major nono.
ChasenTeinIS03 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Lexus IS Forum > Regional Forums / All Together Now > California

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome