User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 12:20 PM Thread Starter
Follower

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Where is auto dim mirrors and rearview mirror with compass

Uhhh.. my '11 IS350 w/ F-Sport package does not appear to have side auto dimming mirrors and rear view auto dim and compass mirror. I remember I had all of that in my '08 IS350 w/ Sport pkg. Knightshade did mention something about a few items missing on the '11 IS350 w/ F-Sport pkg where the older models have them.

The side mirrors seem to have quality mirror. It's got *some* tint to it so when the light reflects it's doesn't lit as bright. But it's not as good as the auto dim mirror I had before. Also the rear view mirror doesn't have dim and no digital compass! uhgggggg... I want them back. Can these items be purchased separately?? How much are they.

'07 Lexus IS350 Lux pkg - Purchased at 135k miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 01:59 PM
Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheez View Post
Uhhh.. my '11 IS350 w/ F-Sport package does not appear to have side auto dimming mirrors and rear view auto dim and compass mirror. I remember I had all of that in my '08 IS350 w/ Sport pkg. Knightshade did mention something about a few items missing on the '11 IS350 w/ F-Sport pkg where the older models have them.
The F-sport package contains very very few of the items in the old (and IMHO much better) sport package... the the auto-dim and tilt side mirrors are among the items not included with the F-sport package.

Pretty much you get the suspension and the pedals from the old Sport package and that's about it. No memory seats, no auto dim/tilt side mirrors, no rainsensing wipers, no power tilt/telescope wheel, etc...

As to the compass, as I understand nav cars don't get a mirror compass anymore, regardless of package

The rear-view should still auto dim though far as I know- the rear view auto dimming is a standard 2IS feature, not related to any package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheez View Post
The side mirrors seem to have quality mirror. It's got *some* tint to it so when the light reflects it's doesn't lit as bright. But it's not as good as the auto dim mirror I had before. Also the rear view mirror doesn't have dim and no digital compass! uhgggggg... I want them back. Can these items be purchased separately?? How much are they.

The old style rear view could be swapped pretty easily but they cost like $900 from Lexus... you can likely find a nice aftermarket one with a compass for massively less.

The side mirrors I'm not aware of anyone succesfully swapping into a car that didn't come with em...I think the feature has some tie-in with the body ECU (note only cars with memory seats have the auto dim/tilt mirrors too).... but I suspect even if possible it'd again be stupidly expensive for parts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 08:52 AM Thread Starter
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightshade View Post
Pretty much you get the suspension and the pedals from the old Sport package and that's about it. No memory seats, no auto dim/tilt side mirrors, no rainsensing wipers, no power tilt/telescope wheel, etc...
That's a bummer.. I can live without the memory seats but not having auto dim side mirrors is bothersome for me. I kind of like having telescope wheel though. I didn't know my side mirrors do not tilt?? When I get home I will check.. Are you referring to auto tilt when backing up?

Quote:
As to the compass, as I understand nav cars don't get a mirror compass anymore, regardless of package
I didn't know that. Good to know!! Yeah my Nav has compass, though I don't quite like as much. The one I had on the rear view mirror was very handy / convenient. It looks cool too.

Quote:
The rear-view should still auto dim though far as I know- the rear view auto dimming is a standard 2IS feature, not related to any package.
Yes you are right. It did indeed turn like blue tint and reduced light intensity. I thought the previous model had manual tilt or something so that it reduces the light tremendously. My Mazdaspeed 3 had it, most cars have it! Or is mine tiltable? [me scratching head]

Quote:
The old style rear view could be swapped pretty easily but they cost like $900 from Lexus... you can likely find a nice aftermarket one with a compass for massively less.
HOLLY CRAP... 900 bucks. I only want geniune Lexus parts, no aftermarket. I can't afford to get that.. I think I'll just stick with what I have.

Quote:
The side mirrors I'm not aware of anyone succesfully swapping into a car that didn't come with em...I think the feature has some tie-in with the body ECU (note only cars with memory seats have the auto dim/tilt mirrors too).... but I suspect even if possible it'd again be stupidly expensive for parts.
Thanks for the info. Glad to know about this.

'07 Lexus IS350 Lux pkg - Purchased at 135k miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Owner's Forums > IS350 Owner's Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page