User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
Frequenter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Tire Warranty

Does anyone have the link to the tire warranty of Lexus USA? I saw the Lexus Canada one and it says that any damage is covered as long as its not past 36 months or 50,000 km. If it is the same with the US one, does it mean I can ask my dealer to replace the tires for free? I have a rip on the side of my tires from a pot hole I went into. I went to a tire shop and said its fine because it just ripped the "meat" part.

http://www.lexus.ca/lexus/experience...y/warranty.jsp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 01:24 PM
Fiend

I wouldn't tell the dealer that you got the rip from hitting a pot hole.

2006 IS350 SGM, Sport Package, NV
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 12:17 AM
Deity

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Warranty info and tire replacement questions...

I'd call Lexus corporate, or just call your local dealer. I know for sure some dealers in the U.S. do offer a road hazzard. Mine is getting me a new tire tomorrow, nail in mine. No questions asked.

On that note, anyone think I have to worry about alignment or other problems with 3 of my 4 tires having 2k miles on them? The new one will be going up front, thoughts?

Also, here's the warranty pulled from a Lexus Dealership in the U.S.
Tire Warranty
Original equipment tires damaged by road hazards are covered under the Tire Road Hazard Protection warranty. This coverage is provided for a period of 36 months or 50,000 km or until the tire treadwear indicator becomes visible, whichever occurs first. The warranty applies to direct expenses incurred to repair or replace original equipment tires. Coverage is provided in respect to parts, labour, installation, balancing, and the applicable taxes. Your Lexus dealer will make the appropriate repair and claim.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 05:25 PM
Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael
I'd call Lexus corporate, or just call your local dealer. I know for sure some dealers in the U.S. do offer a road hazzard. Mine is getting me a new tire tomorrow, nail in mine. No questions asked.

On that note, anyone think I have to worry about alignment or other problems with 3 of my 4 tires having 2k miles on them? The new one will be going up front, thoughts?

Also, here's the warranty pulled from a Lexus Dealership in the U.S.
Tire Warranty
Original equipment tires damaged by road hazards are covered under the Tire Road Hazard Protection warranty. This coverage is provided for a period of 36 months or 50,000 km or until the tire treadwear indicator becomes visible, whichever occurs first. The warranty applies to direct expenses incurred to repair or replace original equipment tires. Coverage is provided in respect to parts, labour, installation, balancing, and the applicable taxes. Your Lexus dealer will make the appropriate repair and claim.
Wow, I didn't know there was a road hazard warranty on those tires. I figure if you only have 2K miles on your originals and they're not showing too much wear you should be fine with a new one up front.

Unless it won't hold a straight line, I personally would hold off on the alignment for a while unless you can find someone else to do it at a reasonable price. I imagine the Lexus dealership will charge you an arm and leg for it.

2006 IS350 SGM, Sport Package, NV
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 10:50 PM
Deity

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsk97vmi
Unless it won't hold a straight line, I personally would hold off on the alignment for a while unless you can find someone else to do it at a reasonable price. I imagine the Lexus dealership will charge you an arm and leg for it.
Thx, I thought Lexus offered free alignment for the first 5k miles or so? Could be wrong. I'm not even sure whether the new tire will alter alignment, but if it is bad, I almost hate to get it aligned, if I do, I'd imagine, once the tire is more worn, the alignment should straighten out?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2009, 03:28 PM

No Tire Warranty for new IS at least not by LEXUS

Here in Mission Viejo California the dealership advised there is no warranty on tires period.
In my case my tires had a blow out at just under 6,000 miles.
I called service at my dealership to ask about the tire warranty. At first they said bring the car in they'll look at it.
After a couple of hours they told me they do not warranty tires past driving off the lot, you can pay $385 plus installation and they want to have you balance your tires again for an additional fee.

Thankfully I looked at the tired called Bridgestone who makes the tire, they had me to go into an authorized Bridgestone dealer and have them inspect the tire.

In this instance given the car has so little mileage, they sold me a replacement tire for 1/2 price.

Their price was $265 for the same tire of course.

The dealership even went so far as to suggest it was my fault the tire blew out, (it caused a little damage to the back fender and firewall of the car when the tire blew off).
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2009, 06:42 PM
Extremist

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnk949 View Post
Here in Mission Viejo California the dealership advised there is no warranty on tires period.
In my case my tires had a blow out at just under 6,000 miles.
I called service at my dealership to ask about the tire warranty. At first they said bring the car in they'll look at it.
After a couple of hours they told me they do not warranty tires past driving off the lot, you can pay $385 plus installation and they want to have you balance your tires again for an additional fee.

Thankfully I looked at the tired called Bridgestone who makes the tire, they had me to go into an authorized Bridgestone dealer and have them inspect the tire.

In this instance given the car has so little mileage, they sold me a replacement tire for 1/2 price.

Their price was $265 for the same tire of course.

The dealership even went so far as to suggest it was my fault the tire blew out, (it caused a little damage to the back fender and firewall of the car when the tire blew off).

So your dealer lied to you to try and charge you money? Time for a new dealer.

Lexus Warranty and Protection

Quote:
Tires, which are covered by a separate warranty provided by the tire manufacturer.
There's absolutely a tire warranty, it's just through the tire mfg... it sounds like you ended up going that route eventually (though I'm surprised they prorated the cost so badly against you at 6k miles) but your dealer really should've informed you of the warranty rather than trying to screw you for a new tire at full price.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-28-2009, 07:34 PM
Geezer

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

We usually adjusted tires based on remaining tread depth compared to new tread depth for that tire.

MOLON LABE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Owner's Forums > IS350 Owner's Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page