User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Side Mirror tilt issue

Does anyone else have issues with their mirror settings not returning to the exact possition it was set in memory for? Every third or fourth time I put my car into reverse, when the mirrors tilt back up, they do not go back to the possition they were before tilting down while in reverse.

Anyone? Anyone>?

'07 IS 350 Black on Black - Premium Luxury Package w/18inch - NAV + Mark Levinson + Tint (LT VN Z1 LR)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 12:56 PM
Fiend

My car does not have this issue but perhaps I am not as pickey as you. Honestly I have not paid much attention to such things.

I do change the seat position often. The mirrors will adjust in all four directions so that it can accuratly find is normal (Home) setting for the driver's preset. I don't believe that this is also done when the mirror tilt back up after vehcile has shifted from reverse into another gear.

John
2007 IS250 AWD Black/Sterling, LUX, ML, NAV, AFS, PCS
NAVI-KIT R-Spec TTN-46, JoeZ Intake, Mazzuri Super Headers w/ceramic coating, Tanabe MT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr9FokzQUHY
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
Lurker

I say this because if I I hit the memory button after a reverse the mirrors are once again where they should be. It's an obvious change. i'm not that picky....my old car worked just fine and this car was finr for the past 8 months. It just recently started having this issue.

'07 IS 350 Black on Black - Premium Luxury Package w/18inch - NAV + Mark Levinson + Tint (LT VN Z1 LR)

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 03:10 PM
Under House Arrest

I personally don't like the tilt fuction so if you really don't need it turn it off, put the mirror selector switch in the middle.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 03:39 PM
Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by edle View Post
I say this because if I I hit the memory button after a reverse the mirrors are once again where they should be. It's an obvious change. i'm not that picky....my old car worked just fine and this car was finr for the past 8 months. It just recently started having this issue.
If something changed then maybe you should have a look at the mirror. Did some dirt or other debris get behind the mirror and is making it harder to move? Is the folding part of the mirror fully pulled out and in the lock position? Does the mirror make a different sound now?

Just some suggestions. I hope that it is a simple issue to resolve.

Regards,

John
NAVI-KIT R-Spec TTN-46, JoeZ Intake, Mazzuri Super Headers w/ceramic coating, Tanabe MT
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edle View Post
Mine does the same thing. I periodically hit my memory button just to make sure everything is in place and my mirrors always adjust somewhat.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 03:58 PM
Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by laen82z View Post
Mine does the same thing. I periodically hit my memory button just to make sure everything is in place and my mirrors always adjust somewhat.
I notice that the mirror adjusts but again it is like a special pattern that it goes through. It seems like is moves slightly left, right, up and back to the normal position. I might have the order wrong but it seems like an intentional pattern. It only does this when you use the memory function. It only tilts down and then back up when shifting from reverse to drive.

I will have to check and seem if the before and after views are different.

John
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 08:50 AM Thread Starter
Lurker

The Lexus dealership looked at it and they mentioned that this only happened to the older LS model so this is the first IS they've seen with this issue. The mirror is on ordered and they will replace it in a few days when the part gets in.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 12:35 PM

Hi, I am experiencing the same problem and no luck with me as the warranty period is over for my 2007 IS250awd. Has any one found a quick fix for this?.
When i put mine on reverse it tilts but not all the way down at times.
it seems that when i initially set it, it is fine but after i drive around then i put on reverse when parking... it tilts but not all the way as I saw when i initially set it. Also when it comes back it does not look like its how i set it the first place.
thanks
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-24-2011, 12:42 PM

Same here, it never does it when at the dealer of course. Temperamental it seems, it doesn't tilt all the way down and doesn't return to the preset memory position. This happens a lot sometimes and other times works fine.

IBAXNU2002 IS300 GGP E-Shift
2006 IS350 Matador Red Lux Pkg ML NAV
2004 Tundra LTD Access Cab
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-25-2011, 05:12 AM Thread Starter
Lurker

I'm sorry to hear you are going through this. It sure can be annoying. Ever since they replaced my mirror in June 2008, it has been working fine the past few years.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Owner's Forums > IS350 Owner's Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page