User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Should I still purchase?

Hello,

I just found out yesterday that the 2008 IS350 I've been negotiating for with the dealer already had the valve springs recall done. Since I'm no car expert and never had the chance to drive an IS350 before so can't tell if the car has loss any power, should I still proceed with the purchase? I test drove the car and thought it felt okay, although the pedal was a bit shaky but that might be due to the worn out front tires...?

Also, there's a thread on CL stating that the community finds Westside Lexus one of the best in Houston for this recall and it was actually serviced there early last month before being traded in 300 miles later to this dealership.

The other thing I would like to have cleared up is whether they actually open up the engine or use a special tool to replace the springs w/o needing to do so?

Anything I could look for when I go out and test drive again this weekend that might point to inadequate work on the springs or even engine damage? I'm also in no hurry to purchase and can wait a month or two for other IS350s become available.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to any input!

Last edited by nahpxela; 03-04-2011 at 12:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 04:53 PM
Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by nahpxela View Post
Hello,

I just found out yesterday that the 2008 IS350 I've been negotiating for with the dealer already had the valve springs recall done. Since I'm no car expert and never had the chance to drive an IS350 before so can't tell if the car has loss any power, should I still proceed with the purchase? I test drove the car and thought it felt okay, although the pedal was a bit shaky but that might be due to the worn out front tires...?

Also, there's a thread on CL stating that the community finds Westside Lexus one of the best in Houston for this recall and it was actually serviced there early last month before being traded in 300 miles later to this dealership.

The other thing I would like to have cleared up is whether they actually open up the engine or use a special tool to replace the springs w/o needing to do so?

Anything I could look for when I go out and test drive again this weekend that might point to inadequate work on the springs or even engine damage? I'm also in no hurry to purchase and can wait a month or two for other IS350s become available.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to any input!
I'm on my second IS350 (had a 2007) and now have a 2008. My 2007 had major problems and when they finally fixed it, I noticed a difference in power.

Last month I had the valve spring recall done, and have noticed NO difference at all.

2008 IS350 Starfire Pearl
JoeZ Intake & K&N Air Filter
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 08:53 PM
Lurker

i had the valve spring, master cyclinder and gas pedal recall done and to me the car felt a lot better imo.....

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-05-2011, 01:35 PM Thread Starter

I pulled the trigger after also having my brother test drive it this morning. Thanks for the input!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Owner's Forums > IS350 Owner's Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page