User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Question about TSB...What is it?

What exactly is a TSB. I have to do a TSB2448 and I was told by Lexus dealership to bring it and we will talk more about it. I also have to do some recall work which will be done but i am hoping to get the TSB2448 work done at the same time. When I contacted Lexus Canada and told them that I need a TSB2448 done and I have a rattle sound at warm start up they said you should talk to your dealer. I asked if it was free and they said it is not a recall it is a TSB and you have to talk to your dealer. They did not say yes or no so I am still confused. What is a TSB if not a recall and is it free service? Keep in mind i am out of warranty. What am I to expect when I go into the dealership? Reproducing the sound won't be a problem. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 05:25 AM
Extremist

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I can't speak to Canada.

In the US TSBs are free under warranty, and not free outside it.

Recalls are major functional/safely defects (ie like "valve spring may fail this killing the engine while driving). These are free repairs regardless of warranty status.

TSBs are minor occasional complaints like "Car makes a rattle occasionally on startup" or "rear view mirror vibrates too much with sunroof open"
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 06:01 AM
Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSNAKE View Post
What exactly is a TSB. I have to do a TSB2448 and I was told by Lexus dealership to bring it and we will talk more about it. I also have to do some recall work which will be done but i am hoping to get the TSB2448 work done at the same time. When I contacted Lexus Canada and told them that I need a TSB2448 done and I have a rattle sound at warm start up they said you should talk to your dealer. I asked if it was free and they said it is not a recall it is a TSB and you have to talk to your dealer. They did not say yes or no so I am still confused. What is a TSB if not a recall and is it free service? Keep in mind i am out of warranty. What am I to expect when I go into the dealership? Reproducing the sound won't be a problem. Thanks.
Mr. Snake,

Much like what Knightshade said... I bought my car while I lived in the US and now moved back to Canada with my IS. Since it is an "American" car, the Canadian dealership's will not to TSB service for me at all. I would have to take the car back across the border to a US dealership.

However, if you have a "Canadian" car, the TSB should be covered the same way a warranty repair would be covered.

My experience in Canada with TSB's has not been good though, although that might be on account of a terrible dealership in Mississauga which most agree does not do a good job. I had a service rep tell me "how do you even know about TSB's they are not public information".

2008 IS350 Starfire Pearl
JoeZ Intake & K&N Air Filter

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 07:16 AM
Immortal

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)

Yea, dealerships don't like to advertise flaws with the car. I had that same question directed at me when I confronted them about TSB's. Even with my Impala. That's extremely odd that Canadian Lexus dealerships won't honor TSB work(well at least the shop you're going to). That should be recognized world-wide IMO.

'02 IS300 MSM LSD
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
Lurker

Thanks for the info guys. What do I do if they do not honour the tsb? Should I still get the recalls done or go to another dealership?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 07:57 AM Thread Starter
Lurker

I just called Lexus Canada and I asked them what a TSB is and if it would cost me money to get it fixed. They said yes it will cost you money to fix it if it's out of warranty. So now I am pissed. They asked my first and last name and I hung up on them. So what is the deal folks is Lexus trying to pull a fast one on me? Should the TSB work be for free or do I have to pay? Is there proof out that a TSB would be like a waranty for that problem?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 08:29 AM
Extremist

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
I just called Lexus Canada and I asked them what a TSB is and if it would cost me money to get it fixed. They said yes it will cost you money to fix it if it's out of warranty. So now I am pissed. They asked my first and last name and I hung up on them. So what is the deal folks is Lexus trying to pull a fast one on me? Should the TSB work be for free or do I have to pay? Is there proof out that a TSB would be like a waranty for that problem?
Did you not read my previous post in the thread?

TSBs are free under warranty, they are not free outside of warranty.

That seems to be exactly the same thing Lexus told you.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
Lurker

Yes I know what you said but others also posted and said something different and i was referring to them not you. Thank you for the help.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-01-2014, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Yes I know what you said but others also posted and said something different and i was referring to them not you. Thank you for the help.
My timing seal was replaced a few months ago and now I am told that the camshaft housing is now leaking. The timing repair was $2300 and now they are saying this will also cost that much when it is in the exact same area of repair? Shouldn't they both have been done the first time?
Thanks for the advice in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Owner's Forums > IS350 Owner's Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page