puddle lights! - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 12:08 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

puddle lights!

Does anyone know how to change the bulbs for the puddle lights on the outside mirrors? Does it require taking the mirrors off the doors? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 09:10 AM
Frequenter

its really easy...u dont have to take the mirrors off the door but u will have to take the actual mirror out of the mirror holder.

to remove the mirror (glass part) grab and pull out (towards the back of the car) carefully on the bottom of the mirror. there are two clips that will pop off and slide the mirror down and out. its connected by wires so roll down ur window and set it on the window seal.

next you need a philips head screw driver and remove the 4 silver screws behind the mirror.

the front painted cover will still be attached at the point...to remove the cover you will have to pull carefully straight forward (towards the front of the car) to remove the clips. after remove the light is accessible

the bulb used is a 194 bulb

goodluck!!

-Jonathan
2008 IS 250
Smokey Granite Mica, Lexus GFX kit, OEM Trunk Lip spoiler, Black Pearl Emblems, Eibach lowering springs, Smoked Taillights, 6500K HID, Bronze 5axis S5:F 20" Wheels, Joe Z intake, F-Sport Brakes, F-Sport Lower Intake Box, Bronze One-off rear lower spoiler, LED back-lit door handles
1955 Ford Thunderbird
TwinTurbo 6.0L 1150hp, Dual Intercoolers, One-off Chassis, AirRide Technologies Shockwaves, Custom 3" Dual exhaust, Borla XR-1 Racing Mufflers, 18x8 and 19x12 inch wheels
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 02:28 PM

Here is the link...

https://my.is/forums/f154/how-replaci...w-pics-374561/

Goodluck to you...let us know how it turns out and post some pics. I am thinking about doing the same thing but probably next year...

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 05:13 PM

i did mine a couple days ago on a starfire pearl 09. i bought the 4 smt 2w flank leds from vleds. i opted to just unscrew the outer 2 screws on the mirror and pry out the socket. the output is much brighter and whiter, but i'm a little disappointed in how it dims on and off -- def not as smooth as regular bulbs, but i'm guessing that's just how leds are?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Owner's Forums > IS350 Owner's Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page