Need help on front brake noise. - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-05-2011, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Need help on front brake noise.

I recently put a new brakes pads on my '08 IS350. Now the problem is everytime i step on the brakes it makes a load noise. i mean very loud! Its so loud that i don't have to press my horn to get someone's attention. my brake does it for me automatically. Is there someone who come across with this issue? What should i do?

Last edited by vonich; 02-05-2011 at 05:52 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-06-2011, 06:34 AM
Aficionado

Go back to whoever serviced the brakes.

2008 IS350 Starfire Pearl
JoeZ Intake & K&N Air Filter

Last edited by Razal; 02-11-2011 at 05:49 AM.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 01:39 PM
Loyalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonich View Post
I recently put a new brakes pads on my '08 IS350. Now the problem is everytime i step on the brakes it makes a load noise. i mean very loud! Its so loud that i don't have to press my horn to get someone's attention. my brake does it for me automatically. Is there someone who come across with this issue? What should i do?
Did you try bedding them in,...were all shims and anti rattle clips replaced? Were the rotors replaced or just pads? Was everything cleaned up before installation?
Do a Google search on bedding brake pads,...tirerack has good info on the procedure.

There are other good links on the internet explaining how to bed in brake pads.

'06 Tungsten Pearl IS350,...with battle wounds and scars,...almost new.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 02:32 PM
Altruist

Yeah we need a little more info as clubfoot stated. I just did new pads and rotors, also bought a new shim kit, cleaned everything really good, anti seize compound on the edge of the pads and rotor mounting surface, a few 30mph stops and they perform like a dream.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 07:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubfoot View Post
Did you try bedding them in,...were all shims and anti rattle clips replaced? Were the rotors replaced or just pads? Was everything cleaned up before installation?
Do a Google search on bedding brake pads,...tirerack has good info on the procedure.

There are other good links on the internet explaining how to bed in brake pads.
just the pads. i brought it back where i have the service done. the guy says it was the rust from the rotors. But i didn't believed him b'cus they just cut my rotors so they won't have rust on it. Maybe they didn't put the same type of brake pads on the car. can wrong material of brake pads can cause the noise?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 11:18 AM
Loyalist

Depends on the compound,...I would have used the low dust oem pads myself.

It's not rusty rotors for sure 'cause mine rust up after a wash or from not driving for a few days, no noise.

You'll need to ask them what pads they used.

'06 Tungsten Pearl IS350,...with battle wounds and scars,...almost new.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-01-2011, 04:58 AM
Lurker

If it's an '08 then it should still be under warranty. My brakes started squeaking during cold weather so I brought it back to the dealers and they simply replaced the entire rotor and pad combo.

'07 IS 350 Black on Black - Premium Luxury Package w/18inch - NAV + Mark Levinson + Tint (LT VN Z1 LR)
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-01-2011, 09:52 AM
Immortal

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)

Yea I would never suggest using semi-metallics, always use ceramic. Less dust and a lot quieter and a lil more $ but then you don't have to worry about wrecking when they are hot. Your anti-rattle clips may be worn or shims need replaced, as mentioned, and are you sure they are the right pads?

'02 IS300 MSM LSD
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-01-2011, 08:27 PM
Frequenter

theres a recall on some of the is350s and gs350s on the brake pads and rotors, just call ur dealer for more info. The pads are i think ceramic if i remember and they suck in cold weather, making a loud screeching noise, at lexus we just use BG brake quiet which soaks the pads and BG grease which lubricates the shims, to go with the new pads and rotors for the recall.

02 IS300 EGM 5spd nav- RiP 9-21-11
89 toyota cressida- 7MGT/ rebuild 50%...monster in the making
88 Rx-7- new daily
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-16-2011, 06:19 PM

Depending on the kind of brakes you got, most of the time semi-metalic brakes will create excessive brake noise. I'd highly suggest using a ceramic brake pad from now on. If you are not experiencing any issues when braking such as pulling to the side or a grinding like metal on metal sound then i'd assume it was cheap pads and lack of anti squeak past during the install process. Also, if the tech performing the work didn't properly clean the rotors free of all road dirt, grime, and greases this too would cause loud brakes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Owner's Forums > IS350 Owner's Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page