LinkBack Thread Tools
post #76 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 07:54 AM
Extremist

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartkat View Post
That's just wrong. Please stop trying to mislead the members.

NOW!!
Of course it's not wrong.

I posted directly from the owners manual proving your directions were missing half the required adjustments.

Do you have an actual specific response to this, or more yelling?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 08:10 AM
Geezer

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightshade View Post
Of course it's not wrong.

I posted directly from the owners manual proving your directions were missing half the required adjustments.

Do you have an actual specific response to this, or more yelling?
Hey look. Adjusting the auto levels sensor arm is just wrong. What is it about that you don't understand?

MOLON LABE
post #78 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 09:04 AM
Extremist

Quote:
Hey look. Adjusting the auto levels sensor arm is just wrong. What is it about that you don't understand?
So again you ignore the direct question concerning the important and required steps you left out of your directions. I wonder why.

And of course anyone concerned about the correctness (or easiness or anything else-ness) about the sensor that adjusts headlight level is welcome to post in any of the threads I linked to where a free and open discussion among the dozens of folks who've done it is likely to ensue, with people openly and directly responding to questions and concerns.

post #79 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 09:16 AM
Geezer

Quote:
So again you ignore the direct question concerning the important and required steps you left out of your directions. I wonder why.

And of course anyone concerned about the correctness (or easiness or anything else-ness) about the sensor that adjusts headlight level is welcome to post in any of the threads I linked to where a free and open discussion among the dozens of folks who've done it is likely to ensue, with people openly and directly responding to questions and concerns.
Dozens? Whatever. That doesn't make it right, correct or approved.

I have one of the earliest 06 cars produced, and purchased prior to the official dealer introductions. Perhaps you should consider that.

I've been under the hood in the last couple days and I know what's there. You sir, are barking up the wrong tree here.

Now please stop with the wondering why and veiled accusations before I find it necessary to protect the forum by taking more than verbal action here.

MOLON LABE
post #80 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 09:26 AM
Extremist

Quote:
Dozens? Whatever. That doesn't make it right, correct or approved.

How bout the nav hacks? those aren't 'approved' by anyone either, yet those work great too and nobody seems concerned when those directions are posted... And the sensor adjustment information doesn't even require cutting a wiring harness like those do.

Quote:
I have one of the earliest 06 cars produced, and purchased prior to the official dealer introductions. Perhaps you should consider that.

I've been under the hood in the last couple days and I know what's there.
So your nearly pre-production car is a useful example for the other users who aren't going to be in the same situation how exactly?

All _those_ folks will have cars with production-level directions and stickers, and should be informed that the directions you provided are incomplete, and require the additional screw adjustments mentioned in the owners manual which I helpfully provided pictures of.
post #81 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 09:59 AM
Geezer

Quote:
How bout the nav hacks? those aren't 'approved' by anyone either, yet those work great too and nobody seems concerned when those directions are posted... And the sensor adjustment information doesn't even require cutting a wiring harness like those do.

So your nearly pre-production car is a useful example for the other users who aren't going to be in the same situation how exactly?

All _those_ folks will have cars with production-level directions and stickers, and should be informed that the directions you provided are incomplete, and require the additional screw adjustments mentioned in the owners manual which I helpfully provided pictures of.
A Nav hack can get one in warranty trouble too. All that stuff should have disclaimers. I believe the site disclaimers cover that.

As for the manual page you posted, that's for the HID option, not for the standard Halogen version.

MOLON LABE
post #82 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 10:08 AM
Extremist

Quote:

As for the manual page you posted, that's for the HID option, not for the standard Halogen version.
No it isn't.

The heading in the manual is "Headlight Aim" not Headlight aim only if you have HIDs...and no special directions are provided for HID vs. non-HID lights. Toyota/Lexus has been using two sets of adjustment knobs/bolts for decades on their headlights- I remember having to adjust two places on each light the same way for my Supra too.

Again I've told folks where to find it (both online and in their own manual) so they can check themselves.

But I'd have sworn the topic was HIDs anyway...
post #83 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 10:53 AM
Geezer

Read the top left corner of the page.

The topic was originally foglights.

Just please stop running around this forum telling people to adjust headlights using the rear level sensor arm. It's just wrong.

MOLON LABE
post #84 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 11:09 AM
Extremist

Quote:
Read the top left corner of the page.

The topic was originally foglights.

Just please stop running around this forum telling people to adjust headlights using the rear level sensor arm. It's just wrong.
It's exactly as wrong as telling them to hack their nav for added functionality (or any other mod that folks post from someone other than lexus). It's quick, many have used it without issue, and it reaches the desired result. But as I say further discussion of it can go to one of the other threads I posted. I'd welcome you to go post about how it's "wrong" on one of those threads but I'd bet cash money you never will.

Just please stop posting directions on using the headlight screws while leaving out the important second half of the instructions that are included in the owners manual.
post #85 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 11:11 AM
Geezer

Quote:
It's exactly as wrong as telling them to hack their nav for added functionality (or any other mod that folks post from someone other than lexus). It's quick, many have used it without issue, and it reaches the desired result. But as I say further discussion of it can go to one of the other threads I posted. I'd welcome you to go post about how it's "wrong" on one of those threads but I'd bet cash money you never will.

Just please stop posting directions on using the headlight screws while leaving out the important second half of the instructions that are included in the owners manual.
Uhh. You wanna be a mod?

No need to post anywhere else. You were proved wrong in this thread by a practical real life example. Enough said.

MOLON LABE
post #86 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 11:20 AM
Geezer

PS: Equivocation doesn't make points any more or less valid.

MOLON LABE
post #87 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 11:21 AM
Extremist

Quote:
Uhh. You wanna be a mod?

Sure, sounds great! In the meantime I was just asking you not to post incomplete directions because it'll leave people with misaligned headlights.

Quote:
No need to post anywhere else. You were proved wrong in this thread by a practical real life example. Enough said.
No I wasn't.

One guy had a problem with his headlights moving _at all_ when the sensor was adjusted, which indicates the leveling system isn't working at all on his car. He'd have a serious problem if he ever lowered it much too, since that sensor (even untouched by him) would fail to level the headlights properly.

In fact I even quoted the owners manual where it states the sensor is supposed to do EXACTLY what I describe it as doing if it's working properly.

Meanwhile tons of others have adjusted headlight level without problem using that method, and I provided sources for the claim too...while you've provided... nothing but insisting I'm wrong. Oh, and some directions from lexus that left out the last steps.
post #88 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 11:25 AM
Geezer

It's not the recommended or correct way period.

MOLON LABE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Owner's Forums > IS350 Owner's Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page