IS350 vs. G35/37 - Page 8 - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #106 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-10-2011, 06:22 PM
Anti-Matter
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Latin hotties, thongs, sunshine and mojitos
Posts: 28,808
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razal View Post
Or typos, dimwit.
You should have your law clerks proof read your forum posts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald View Post
A sexy White chick can crash my Bimmer (I have insurance on the car anyway) for all I care. <-- Seriously.

Just cum over to my place and realize why I can catch three donuts without my hands. lol
DJPoop is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #107 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-10-2011, 07:46 PM
Aficionado
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: From NYC to Etobicoke Yo!
Posts: 787
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJPoop View Post
You should have your law clerks proof read your forum posts!
You should've spent nine less years on this forum.

2008 IS350 Starfire Pearl
JoeZ Intake & K&N Air Filter
Razal is offline  
post #108 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-10-2011, 07:49 PM
Aficionado
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: From NYC to Etobicoke Yo!
Posts: 787
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin.b View Post
Feel free to go back and arrange that text turd so that it makes sense. It's more than a keystroke or two away from becoming a complete thought.

-Justin
Well, I see that you and your girlfriend have been on here for about the same amount of time, do the two of you ladies always play together?

Isn't this cute, ghetto gals.

2008 IS350 Starfire Pearl
JoeZ Intake & K&N Air Filter
Razal is offline  
 
post #109 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-10-2011, 07:51 PM
Black Hole
 
Justin.b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Gropecunt Lane
Posts: 44,398
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
           
He's my lawyer.

I don't go anywhere without proper representation.

-Justin

Cunt. Cunt. Cunt.
Justin.b is offline  
post #110 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 10:23 AM
Deity
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 12,111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razal View Post
Or typos, dimwit.
Let's not go into personal attacks, k? thx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefytee View Post
did he just suicide bomb our f^*@*#^ parking lot?
Quote:
Originally Posted by magoo View Post
Don't even ask. This kid defies logic.
-=Hot|Ice=- is offline  
post #111 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 10:40 AM
Black Hole
 
Justin.b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Gropecunt Lane
Posts: 44,398
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razal View Post
You should've spent nine less years on this forum.
Fewer.

-Justin

Cunt. Cunt. Cunt.
Justin.b is offline  
post #112 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 11:26 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Knightshade, your argument points seem to dwell on the fact that the IS350 is 1/10th of a second faster to 60. You point to the BMW's performance as lacking for the $10k difference in price. There's obviously a reason most of us decided to purchase Japanese entry level luxury sedans over the 3 series. However, in my eyes, some people find that price difference worth it and you can't say that they are "wrong."

I'm not even going to go into that argument, but you have to accept the fact that everyone has different opinions on what is important to them. I'm sure we could get some Ford Mustang fanboy in here to rip on why the IS350 is such a waste of money.

My original contention was always that the there is not a huge difference between the two cars (and you more or less seem to agree with that point). My original post was really intended for many of the posters that indicated that the IS350 was on a "different level" equivalent to the BMW 335i and the Mercedes C350 but that the Acura TL or G37 were a step below. I was simply trying to address the illusion since it is clear by price/feature set that the Japanese cars are pretty much all equivalent (size notwithstanding).

Also, forget the transmission debate. I really don't care what is more efficient (as I've acknowledged very modern autos are probably more efficient as well as DCTs, SMGs, DSGs, etc which are even more so). I've driven all different types of transmissions and they all have their pros and cons. Once cars start offering a real automated manual like a DCT, I'll probably pounce. I happen to have a 6MT and I believe that Lexus should offer one on their IS350 if they're going to continue offering one on their IS250 and not offer a DCT or equivalent. I say this because I think CHOICE is a great thing. If you don't want it, don't get. I don't see how offering one is a bad thing, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightshade View Post
I would.

Generally the guy who gets there second is called the "loser" in fact.



Why would they do away with a much more efficient steering method and switch to one that has a pump and robs engine power? That makes no sense at all.

The sport package DOES upgrade the suspension though and significantly improve handling. Even moreso with the optional F-sport sway bar upgrade.

Last edited by roots4x; 04-11-2011 at 11:40 AM.
roots4x is offline  
post #113 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 11:36 AM
Aficionado
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: From NYC to Etobicoke Yo!
Posts: 787
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
Let's not go into personal attacks, k? thx.
Personal attack assumes it isn't truthful. I would suggest it was descriptive, rather than a personal attack.

2008 IS350 Starfire Pearl
JoeZ Intake & K&N Air Filter
Razal is offline  
post #114 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 11:37 AM
Aficionado
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: From NYC to Etobicoke Yo!
Posts: 787
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin.b View Post
Fewer.

-Justin
Ah... more girlfriend defending... how sweet.

2008 IS350 Starfire Pearl
JoeZ Intake & K&N Air Filter
Razal is offline  
post #115 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 12:04 PM
Black Hole
 
Justin.b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Gropecunt Lane
Posts: 44,398
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
           
I'm defending the English language from your repeated assaults.

-Justin

Cunt. Cunt. Cunt.
Justin.b is offline  
post #116 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 12:11 PM
Anti-Matter
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Latin hotties, thongs, sunshine and mojitos
Posts: 28,808
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
You forum long time too much! I smart. You dumb,

-Razal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald View Post
A sexy White chick can crash my Bimmer (I have insurance on the car anyway) for all I care. <-- Seriously.

Just cum over to my place and realize why I can catch three donuts without my hands. lol
DJPoop is offline  
post #117 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 05:17 PM
Aficionado
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: From NYC to Etobicoke Yo!
Posts: 787
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin.b View Post
I'm defending the English language from your repeated assaults.

-Justin
Dude, you and your girlfriend are like 90 year old women eavesdropping a conversation at the bingo hall. Trust me, you're neither funny nor intelligent, just plain sad. I don't think roots, knightshade nor anyone else took this thread as seriously as you two clowns.

I think it's time you got off your Mommy's couch and got a job.

2008 IS350 Starfire Pearl
JoeZ Intake & K&N Air Filter
Razal is offline  
post #118 of 118 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 05:31 PM
Black Hole
 
Justin.b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Gropecunt Lane
Posts: 44,398
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
           
Sedan street racing is serious business.

-Justin

Cunt. Cunt. Cunt.
Justin.b is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Lexus IS Forum > Owner's Forums > IS350 Owner's Forum

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IS350 Or. G35 Coupe *IS350 owners check in* IS300KID General Discussion 22 02-03-2006 08:34 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome