IS350 owners I need your help with insurance adjuster - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-24-2011, 07:39 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

IS350 owners I need your help with insurance adjuster

I need help determining if I have unibody damage. My wife was recently rear ended at a red light while trying to make a right hand turn. She was hit by a Lincoln Navigator. The damage looks mainly confined to the bumper but I did notice that the car appears to be tilted towards the driver side when looking at it from the rear. I measured each wheel from the fender to the ground and I got 26.5 inches for both front fenders and the driver side rear fender. On the passenger side rear I measured 27 inches. I checked with both a 1/4 tank of gas and a full tank of gas and the results were roughly the same. I believe the unibody was damaged. I was hoping that someone on here with a wreck free stock IS250/350 could measure their vehicles fender to ground clearance for comparasion. It would really help me when talking to the insurance adjuster. I have attached a picture that shows how I measured my car. The actual values dont matter so much due to different rim sizes and tires I really just want to know if there is a difference between the driver side and passenger side rear from the factory. I greatly apprceiate it!

IS350 owners I need your help with insurance adjuster-measurement.jpg

Last edited by FireLikeIYA; 03-24-2011 at 08:53 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 10:26 AM

There could be a possibility of frame. Have the shop throw it on the frame machine to double check. It's really hard to judge by your eyes alone. Otherwise to answer your question, they're equal on both sides for me.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 10:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by terfer View Post
There could be a possibility of frame. Have the shop throw it on the frame machine to double check. It's really hard to judge by your eyes alone. Otherwise to answer your question, they're equal on both sides for me.
Thank you for the reply. I thought they would be equal from the factory but couldn't say for certain. I did measure the height with the additional help of a level so that I wouldn't be judging by the eyes alone. Even without the level my readings were the same so I believe your readings are good enough for me. I will have the shop check it with the frame machine. I did just notice that the driver side rear shock has grimy oil all over it. It doesn't look fresh but it also doesn't look old. If the shocks are gas filled that may be cause... hopefully.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-26-2011, 06:23 AM
Geezer

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

We noticed a difference in ground to car height when the 2nd gen cars first came out. The driver's side was lower.

https://my.is/forums/f126/car-height-...higher-278277/

MOLON LABE
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-26-2011, 02:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartkat View Post
We noticed a difference in ground to car height when the 2nd gen cars first came out. The driver's side was lower.

https://my.is/forums/f126/car-height-...higher-278277/
Very helpful.. Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Owner's Forums > IS350 Owner's Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page