I need help for my poor IS350!!! - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-21-2011, 02:22 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I need help for my poor IS350!!!

Ok guys I just bought my 2007 IS350 last month with 70k miles on it over at steven creek Toyota in San Jose California. Everything was great until last week... I started to smell raw gas inside of my car so I looked under the car but it was clean. And next day smell was getting stronger so I went to Roseville Lexus to fix the issue. After one hour service adviser called me saying some kinda parts that connected to engine were damaged so they need to replace those parts with no charge because Stevens creek Lexus replaced those parts not to long ago... So I said well that's great pls fix those ASAP. So I waited about two days and service adviser called me saying they ordered wrong parts and installed the wrong parts so I have to wait another 2-3days so I waited and finally service manager called me saying my car was on fire this morning they want me to look at it. I was like wtf?? So I went there as soon as I can and I saw my car. Both side fenders color became yellow ish because of heat and hood was all became yellow and under the hood omg! All the parts were melted it. Service manager said its not that bad as it looks they can fix those parts with no charge and it will be just like brand new. Also dealership already contact Lexus insurance so I just need to verify some information when Lexus insurance call me in couple of days.... I'm so scared guys.... I don't even know how much longer I can drive this car after all this happened and I'm sure they will try hard to fix it but u know I'm not sure what if this car felling a part... I need some advise please!!! What u guys would do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-23-2011, 12:49 PM
Lurker

So they knew this problem existed and still drove it? I'm not really sure how it started on fire otherwise.

If its fixed properly and you can drive it without smelling any gas, I would still drive it.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-24-2011, 12:20 PM

wow, that's some scary stuff... make sure you keep all the records of what happened and what they are fixing. When they fix the car and if you keep the car, make sure you don't loose or throw any records of this away. If the car ever catches on fire again then you have proof that the dealer didn't fix it right and would have to pay for any other damage or maybe a new car :D

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-25-2011, 03:40 AM Thread Starter

Last friday service manager called me saying fire damage was pretty serious and they can't fix so Lexus insurance will pay me back what I bought it for so I'm just waiting for them to call me back next couple of days and I'm driving Rx350 as loaner car for temporary until they give my money back
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-25-2011, 06:30 AM
Follower

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi_dude View Post
Last friday service manager called me saying fire damage was pretty serious and they can't fix so Lexus insurance will pay me back what I bought it for so I'm just waiting for them to call me back next couple of days and I'm driving Rx350 as loaner car for temporary until they give my money back
That's good to hear! That's very good considering you didn't even buy the car from Lexus dealership but because they worked on the car and caught fire they honored to give you money on the car you paid for. Also great to hear that you got a RX350 loaner. I bet you are liking it! Talk about Lexus service quality.

And I was *hoping* they give you the money so you can go buy another car. You do not want to keep the burnt Lexus. God knows what else has gone wrong or will go wrong... too risky.

'07 Lexus IS350 Lux pkg - Purchased at 135k miles
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-26-2011, 07:41 PM

Get another IS350! :D
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-28-2011, 08:53 PM
Follower

Yes, buy another IS350. But this time, please do be careful buying one. Buy used you have to look out for any accidents and abuses it may have gone through. Unfortunately carfax doesn't tell you everything.... some accidents don't get reported too. You may need to have mechanic to inspect the car before buying one. Sometimes praying will work. God is here to help especially if you ask.

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-07-2011, 06:41 PM Thread Starter

Yay!!! I got cpo 07 awd gs350 yesterday!!! I think I might have to go gs owners club lol
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-07-2011, 07:29 PM
Follower

Quote:
Yay!!! I got cpo 07 awd gs350 yesterday!!! I think I might have to go gs owners club lol
Congrats

But I think you shouldn't have given up on getting a descent IS350. The styling outdoes the GS, and has more agile / better handling.

I find IS350 styling to be chic, in and out.

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-07-2011, 10:27 PM

There was recently a recall on some Fuel lines on my IS350.

Coming Soon:
ToyotaTimeAttack.Com
SilverSprint Motorsports
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-08-2011, 11:01 AM
Deity

Quoted: 13 Post(s)

^thats correct. the 250's also I believe.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-08-2011, 11:29 AM
Extremist

The most recent one I know of was from January, not super recent...

Toyota recalls Lexus cars for fuel-system fixes - Autoweek

the only 2IS stuff in there was to check a fuel _sensor_ to see if it was tight enough.

There's a much older (issued in 2009) recall concerning actual fuel LINES and ethanol issues-

Lexus Recalling 214,500 Cars for Possible Fuel Line Corrosion Caused by Ethanol - AutoObserver
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-08-2011, 12:21 PM Thread Starter

I was looking for Cpo IS350 again with grey or white color but I couldn't find the right one for me with navigation, ML etc... So I was like okay I should try look for some other models such as ES,GS,LS. I test drove it all this models I really liked LS430 but it was little too big and there is LS460 came out with new body style so I didn't buy LS I just bought a house not too long ago and I didnt wanna spend 70-80k for car at this moment lol. I didn't really like ES350 cuz i felt like grandma while I was in that car idk why maybe I see too many old Asian ppl drive this car in my town lol and one more thing! Too slow. And I tried GS and I liked it alot for style and awd with 303hp. But I still think that is350 is best I just couldn't find the right one also dealership were about to take it back my loaner car so I didn't have much time.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-09-2011, 11:05 AM
Follower

Quote:
I was looking for Cpo IS350 again with grey or white color but I couldn't find the right one for me with navigation, ML etc... So I was like okay I should try look for some other models such as ES,GS,LS. I test drove it all this models I really liked LS430 but it was little too big and there is LS460 came out with new body style so I didn't buy LS I just bought a house not too long ago and I didnt wanna spend 70-80k for car at this moment lol. I didn't really like ES350 cuz i felt like grandma while I was in that car idk why maybe I see too many old Asian ppl drive this car in my town lol and one more thing! Too slow. And I tried GS and I liked it alot for style and awd with 303hp. But I still think that is350 is best I just couldn't find the right one also dealership were about to take it back my loaner car so I didn't have much time.
You are correct, ES350 is slow... I believe the ES350 is the lowest end of Lexus lineup.

Yeah the GS350 will certainly give you power. The torque comes up earlier than the IS350 though it has a few less hp.

You did OKAY I think. It's never too late. It doesn't hurt to try out different cars for different flavors.. mmm~~ You can always come back and get the IS350 later, just like I did.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Owner's Forums > IS350 Owner's Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page