Hi everybody, new member here - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-02-2011, 11:04 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi everybody, new member here

Hi everyone, I used to have an 08 IS250, it was my first Lexus and I loved it... so much that it was time to change my lease and I went and got an 11 IS350 F-Sport and absolutely love it.

Let me introduce myself quickly, I'm David and I've been on the site a few times before but never registered until now.

Here are some pics of my car

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-02-2011, 11:50 AM
Aficionado

looks good, welcome brother. I like those wheels, do you know the spec? I assume they are the same as previous models, 18x8 & 18x8.5 +50 or something.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-03-2011, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by baddassbeef View Post
looks good, welcome brother. I like those wheels, do you know the spec? I assume they are the same as previous models, 18x8 & 18x8.5 +50 or something.
Yes, they are 18x8 and 18x8.5, I don't know the offset though.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-03-2011, 10:05 AM
Follower

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Looks awesome. Congrats on the car. I love F-sport pkg so much. Now people on the street see your car and get confused with IS-F hehe! Seriously, I can't tell the difference on the front end other than front hood.

Did you get the clear bra installed? If not, you should get it installed ASAP, both the bumper and front portion of hood. When I purchased an '08 IS350 back in '08 I got the clear bra installed within a week. I learned the lesson that I should have installed on the hood too as I got quite a few chips on the front part of the hood although the bumper was nicely protected. If I do decide to go with an '11 IS350 F-sport I'm going to have clear bra installed from factory / dealership.

How is the seat quality? I know that the F-sport pkg replaces the seats with sport trimmed seats. The center part of each seat area is cloth, is this correct? How does it feel? I really prefer to have all leather just like non-F sport pkg ones.

'07 Lexus IS350 Lux pkg - Purchased at 135k miles
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-03-2011, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

The seats are nice, it's microfiber so it is pretty good. About the clear bra, I didn't get it :/ maybe I'll get it... I dunno
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-03-2011, 10:28 PM
Geezer

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Welcome to the forums David.

MOLON LABE
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-04-2011, 08:18 AM
Follower

What color is that? I am liking this color more and more.

Did you special order the car or did they have it at the dealership?

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-04-2011, 08:59 AM Thread Starter

The color is Smokey Granite Mica... I wanted to order the car but they for some reason didn't want or couldn't order one so I waited about 4 months for the dealership to get inventory. Since the tsunami happened in Japan, the dealerships were not getting any new inventory. They slowly started receiving cars again around end of June but not many IS350s, most were IS250s.... and much less with the F-sport package. So I was going back and forth with my sales rep and every time they got something new he'd text me a pic and tell me what they got. Throughout all that time, they got a few 250s f-sports but not really what I wanted and since the 350s are rare they only got 3, a black one, a blue one and this one which was the last one and actually THE last one to come at least to this dealership because they stopped production on the 2011s to start on the 2012s but those wouldn't come until the end of the year, around November.

I liked the color, it looked pretty nice... the day I got it I saw, this one of course, and a white 250... I initially wanted white but the Smokey looked bad ass and of course being the 350 sold it! :D
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-04-2011, 11:56 AM
Follower

Thanks for the story! Sounds like your hard effort and patience paid off getting the one you like. IS350's are surely hard to find. Now that you mention, the ones with F-sport pkg is even harder to get! Of course, my local dealership has NOTHING... EVERYTHING but IS350 RWD. It's like finding an IS350 is as hard as finding a mint conditioned Acura NSX, lmao. Well, shoot, this is bad news for me then. Since they stopped the production on the 2011 models there is very small chance me getting a special ordered IS350 RWD F-Sport... unless they could find one far out of state but that won't be an idea as I need to trade-in.

As for Smokey Granite Mica, at first, a while back, I thought of those colors to be ugly... but I am growing to like it. Anyways, I guess I will have to keep looking..... I have Acura NSX in mind also as an second option. If that doesn't work out, I may have to settle for Nissan 370Z.

Last edited by Cheez; 09-04-2011 at 12:02 PM.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-04-2011, 04:26 PM Thread Starter

2012's are supposed to be pretty much the same as the 11's except for minor interior changes, no exterior changes and a change in price, probably not much but the little increase they usually have each year.... that's what they told at the dealership. I just couldn't wait any more because my lease was almost up with my old IS250
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-04-2011, 04:53 PM
Follower

It's September already. November is just around the corner.. why didn't I think of ordering the '12 model? Oops. That gives me some time to save up some more money for down payment too. Thanks!

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 02:00 PM
Lurker

LOL! I was looking at your pictures wishing I got a black one instead of SGM until I saw that's what you had. went back and looked and sure enough! It was MY car.

Difference is your's is clean

I had a deposit on a black one until I stumbled upon the SGM one and saved $2500. I love it even though it was my second choice.

This car was hard to find. Found two silvers, one red, and one blue. They're just not out there anymore until the 2012's come in at $300 higher and no changes.

Had to get mine out of state. A hassle but worth it. I'll have some things to say about the process soon.

As amazing as the performance on the ISF is, I feel it looks a little "busy" and the F Sport is "cleaner". I added all the F Sport performance doo dads so this thing cooks. Too bad they don't offer an ECU flash.

I've had mine 3 weeks now. Welcome and congrats on your excellent taste!
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 06:54 PM Thread Starter

Yeah I agree that the IS-F is a bit too busy, specially the front.... still would love to have one but I love the F-Sport as well and I'm happy with it.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-29-2011, 11:23 AM
Follower

I agree with you guys on the IS350 F-Sport looking cleaner than the IS-F. I actually prefer the IS350 F sport than IS-F in this regard. It looks classier too.

So you looked at pics of my previous '08 IS350 black huh? Yes, it looks very sharp and classy when it's clean and waxed up. I kept it clean and kept super glossy.... loved it.

I think SGM, Black, and Tunsten Pearl all look great!

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-03-2011, 10:27 AM
Lurker

I like the ISF blue as well but it doesn't work for me as it's too......"young"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Owner's Forums > IS350 Owner's Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page